Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

Still loving the car. I decided to do my own ceramic glass coating, since a lot of the car is glass, last weekend to help make it easier to clean and make the water fly off without having to use the wipers. So far so good, supposed to be good for 2+ years.

I'm trying to steer clear of the Elon drama, though I'm starting to wish I bought two cars when I got mine (I'm in the market for another EV and not sure I can justify another MY at these prices).

No other mods planned for a while, I'll probably do my own ceramic on the parts that aren't covered in PPF. Maybe I'll tackle that this weekend.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Hey Guys,

Still loving the car. I decided to do my own ceramic glass coating, since a lot of the car is glass, last weekend to help make it easier to clean and make the water fly off without having to use the wipers. So far so good, supposed to be good for 2+ years.

I'm trying to steer clear of the Elon drama, though I'm starting to wish I bought two cars when I got mine (I'm in the market for another EV and not sure I can justify another MY at these prices).

No other mods planned for a while, I'll probably do my own ceramic on the parts that aren't covered in PPF. Maybe I'll tackle that this weekend.
Definitely ceramic coat your wheels. Mine got two coats f AvalonKing and they clean up like new with zero effort. I run my MYP through Rocket Wash at least once a week and the ceramic is holding up perfectly.
E237C351-07AA-4B40-BAD6-C084E332A017.jpeg

Hey all! Just checking in, and saying my EDD still has not changed in weeks. May 9 - June 6. Just basically waiting and trying to stay out of the Elon controversy and hand wringing over the new batteries. Interesting that the AWD standard range is priced at higher than I reserved my MYLR at.

How are you all that received your Idaho cars doing, and how are you enjoying your cars?
I am still on June - July EDD. I feel fortunate as well, dodging 9K in cost increases for the MYLR since I ordered , but I sure would like my car for the summer! Funny how we all stressed about perhaps holding out for the 4680 MY 2.0 and now I am actually happy that I am in line for the Fremont build. The MYSR turned out to be a bit underwhelming for me at this point.

I am still on June - July EDD. I feel fortunate as well, dodging 9K in cost increases for the MYLR since I ordered , but I sure would like my car for the summer! Funny how we all stressed about perhaps holding out for the 4680 MY 2.0 and now I am actually happy that I am in line for the Fremont build. The MYSR turned out to be a bit underwhelming for me at this point.
I keep wondering if I will get a communication offering an upgrade to a 4680 MYLR for an increased price between now and my EDD. Would be disappointing if they do not simply include the 4680’s when they are ready, but I guess this is one way they could make a clean break between the two vehicles. If they bumped the range to 400+, I might consider it, given where I live, and depending on the other specs on the car, but OTOH, might not be worth it for another x-thousand or whatever it would cost me. The current MYLR price is 6k over what my base price was at the time, before I added on blue paint and a hitch.

I keep wondering if I will get a communication offering an upgrade to a 4680 MYLR for an increased price between now and my EDD. Would be disappointing if they do not simply include the 4680’s when they are ready, but I guess this is one way they could make a clean break between the two vehicles. If they bumped the range to 400+, I might consider it, given where I live, and depending on the other specs on the car, but OTOH, might not be worth it for another x-thousand or whatever it would cost me. The current MYLR price is 6k over what my base price was at the time, before I added on blue paint and a hitch.
It is more likely you would get an offer to downgrade.

To the best of our knowledge they aren't building 4680 MYLRs any time soon. Just the new shorter range 4680 AWD and you can't even order that yet, they are making so few. Don't expect any 400 range anything for a while. There are clearly battery constraints and 4680 doesn't appear to be the great miracle that they hoped. Maybe when they have enough of them they'll go there for MYs (if competition and demand push them there), but they need them for the Cybertruck and the Semi if those are to get off the ground, first.

Meanwhile, 2170s are better than they were 18 months ago, tried and true. Right now, be careful what you wish for!

As time goes by and I drive more, the range anxiety is dropping off dramatically. Ask me again in 3 weeks when I return from cross country trip pulling a trailer, though.

It is more likely you would get an offer to downgrade.

To the best of our knowledge they aren't building 4680 MYLRs any time soon. Just the new shorter range 4680 AWD and you can't even order that yet, they are making so few. Don't expect any 400 range anything for a while. There are clearly battery constraints and 4680 doesn't appear to be the great miracle that they hoped. Maybe when they have enough of them they'll go there for MYs (if competition and demand push them there), but they need them for the Cybertruck and the Semi if those are to get off the ground, first.

Meanwhile, 2170s are better than they were 18 months ago, tried and true. Right now, be careful what you wish for!

As time goes by and I drive more, the range anxiety is dropping off dramatically. Ask me again in 3 weeks when I return from cross country trip pulling a trailer, though.
Well certainly, if they do not come out with anything that looks markedly better before I get my car, I am going with the tried and true and it looks pretty damn cool in my opinion!

Reactions: DrGriz and MyMYLRnw
Well, unless Elon changes his mind, I guess now I have to pay for a wall connector kit in addition to the adapter I need. Seems like a dumb decision and I am not very happy about it. I already have to figure out how to fix the passenger seat so I can have lumbar support in it as I will want my wife to be able to drive on road trips and I need good lumbar support due to a formerly blown disc.

As you guys know, I have already had the 1450 wall outlet installed.

Looks like he might be fixing the charger cord thing. Waiting to confirm if my car still comes with one, or if I have to order the new $200 priced one. Thinking he may have moved that option to new orders, but still unclear.
Let us know what you hear back. I have a friend with a M3 due in May-June and he's starting to shop 3rd party options. I would be surprised if they made that policy retroactive. When you ordered your car it said it came with an EVSE.

Seems like it should be the same policy that applied when they switched from 12 months of Premium Connectivity down to 1 month... That happened a month after I ordered my car and I still got the 12 month deal.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Let us know what you hear back. I have a friend with a M3 due in May-June and he's starting to shop 3rd party options. I would be surprised if they made that policy retroactive. When you ordered your car it said it came with an EVSE.

Seems like it should be the same policy that applied when they switched from 12 months of Premium Connectivity down to 1 month... That happened a month after I ordered my car and I still got the 12 month deal.
That's good to know. Hoping it will be that way and we can carry on from here. Just kinda necessary for me, how I set things up. And the confusion in communication is unfortunate. But it will sort out I suspect. I still am around a month plus or minus out so not freaking out at this point. I have a neighbor Model Y owner who has the wall charger, so I bet I could borrow his mobile unit if mine did not come with one, and I needed to order one and get it delivered.

EDD range of May 9 - June 6 starts in 19 days. Well less than a month. No updates yet. So, . . .

When you Idaho guys got this close, what happened next, as you were waiting for an actual VIN and Delivery Date?
Mine narrowed down as well, and then when I got my VIN it was pushed out a week or two because of the transportation time, I guess.

Hopefully you won't get pushed out because of the charger shortage.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
EDD range of May 9 - June 6 starts in 19 days. Well less than a month. No updates yet. So, . . .

When you Idaho guys got this close, what happened next, as you were waiting for an actual VIN and Delivery Date?
Mine dropped to a ~10 day window and I was a couple days into that timeframe before I got a VIN and my first delivery date was outside of that initial 10 days (I was disappointed at the time but having a hard date was nice). They called me a few days later and asked if I wanted to pick it up a week early, which I did.

In other words, it's a mess. But it does eventually result in getting your car.