Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my MYP and I’m in the process of filling out the Illinois EV tax credit application.

It requires a copy of the registration. Do I hold off on mailing out the application until it comes in the mail?
I picked up this week and just looked at the form. Did your service center complete Section 3 for you? Mine did not say anything about it and I didn't think to ask.

Refresh my memory. The registration is mailed back from the state? Did the dealer handle it up front?
Yep dealer handled it and said the registration would be mailed. Only issue is the rebate form asks for a copy of the registration.

I went back to the dealer and asked if they had any paperwork for the registration but they said it would all be mailed out. Just wondering how everyone else is dealing with this issue.

Yep dealer handled it and said the registration would be mailed. Only issue is the rebate form asks for a copy of the registration.

I went back to the dealer and asked if they had any paperwork for the registration but they said it would all be mailed out. Just wondering how everyone else is dealing with this issue.
I would also wonder how long it will take as there is a 9/30/22 cutoff for the first wave of rebates

Reactions: merc65fd
Let us know how it goes, I am not confident mine is correct, they said I had an issue with my license photo and I had to submit new ones via email.
First, my buddy's Model S was FLAWLESS.
Us927Qv.jpg

Some dirt on the console that they took care of on the spot. Phil Peterson the SA was on point. They even had the form for the IL EV rebate partially filed out and handed to my buddy.

After taking care of my friend’s delivery Phil went into the system and pulled up my order. He showed me on the screen EVERYTHING was PERFECT. He said it mentions the Complete Task comment because I have a trade pending. He said that’s something new in the system. And while we were there my EDD changed it’s now Aug 21 - Sept 4, narrowed to a 14-day window. Good sign.

He also said if I wanted to make any changes NOW IS THE TIME. After seeing my buddy's red S I came close to pulling the trigger but I needed to talk to the wife. So while we BOTH agreed the red is wicked we opted to get the MSM.

So for me, the secret was talking to a HUMAN face to face. That makes all the difference.

Last edited:
First, my buddy's Model S was FLAWLESS.
Us927Qv.jpg

Some dirt on the console that they took care of on the spot. Phil Peterson the SA was on point. They even had the form for the IL EV rebate partially filed out and handed to my buddy.

After taking care of my friend’s delivery Phil went into the system and pulled up my order. He showed me on the screen EVERYTHING was PERFECT. He said it mentions the Complete Task comment because I have a trade pending. He said that’s something new in the system. And while we were there my EDD changed it’s now Aug 21 - Sept 4, narrowed to a 14-day window. Good sign.

He also said if I wanted to make any changes NOW IS THE TIME. After seeing my buddy's red S I came close to pulling the trigger but I needed to talk to the wife. So while we BOTH agreed the red is wicked we opted to get the MSM.

So for me, the secret was talking to a HUMAN face to face. That makes all the difference.
I may have to go to Chesterfield and have someone make sure all my info is good. Already changed from one two week window.