Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone share if you have to complete the credit check before they accept the order for a VIN? I don't want to apply until I know when the delivery is and find the best rate
I ordered my Y-Performance on 10/22 from Highland Park I was told by my advisor to apply for credit immediatley so i fall in the line for the Y. No VIN yet with an EDD date of 12/7-12/21 but two days ago i saw my credit approval expire and had to reapply again!

I ordered my Y-Performance on 10/22 from Highland Park I was told by my advisor to apply for credit immediatley so i fall in the line for the Y. No VIN yet with an EDD date of 12/7-12/21 but two days ago i saw my credit approval expire and had to reapply again!
My SA at HP told me to not do finance right away due to credit inquiries. You get one each time you re-apply. Suggest you set payment to cash, then when you get delivery date, have your SA change it to finance then

if you haven‘t already reapplied leave it alone. Apply once you have a vin you’ll get approved in minutes. Set the purchase to cash.

Reactions: DOC-Y-NOT
First time poster, long time lurker. Thought I would share my update to help everyone else with their long and painful waits too.

OD 8/16. Profile Completed 8/17
MYLR, Blue, Tow, Gemini, no FSD.
Original EDD: "January"

FINALLY GOT MY VIN!!!
Dec 4th: App shows "updates being made to your account". Logged into the web version -> Accept Tesla vision -> VIN!!!!!
N 2022 VIN 339
No texts or contact from Tesla about scheduling yet. What a painfully long wait full of shifts forward and back with the EDD. Such a long wait might finally be over!

Reactions: BGOwner