Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm envious. I had a 2 week window for a while but now at Sep 4 - Oct 2. I assume I'll get bumped to next quarter, which is ridiculous because someone that orders today can get their Model Y in December.
Don't be. I'm sure it will get moved again. However, this is my second 2 week window so we will see. Just wondering when I should go to cefcu for the loan.....I will jinx myself if I go to soon....

Looks like everyone or at least most LR orders have a 10 month time frame meaning even though my current EDD is 11/19 to December 31. I will probably end up in January. However, if I do get a December delivery date, I'll probably delay it for 30 days if I can, that way I can apply for the $7500 Fed tax credit. Might as well if it is going to be that close. Only set back is the longer I keep my current car (since I'm using it for the trade in); the lower my trade in value is going to be.🤔 In any case, I don't think my trade in value is going to drop $7500 in the next few months😁😁

Will the Model Y qualify for all $7,500? Do the materials for the batteries come from FTA countries?
To be honest, I'm not really sure. But if I do get a January delivery. I'll input the information when I do my 2022 taxes and see if we get it or not. I know some may input the info into their 2023 taxes but (and don't quote me on this) my understanding is you can apply tax credits before April 15. I did this on my 529 contributions. I know....apples and oranges. Again, mine is an assumption and not a fact; so if anyone here is very good with taxes, please chime in.

To be honest, I'm not really sure. But if I do get a January delivery. I'll input the information when I do my 2022 taxes and see if we get it or not. I know some may input the info into their 2023 taxes but (and don't quote me on this) my understanding is you can apply tax credits before April 15. I did this on my 529 contributions. I know....apples and oranges. Again, mine is an assumption and not a fact; so if anyone here is very good with taxes, please chime in.
The nice thing about the new credit is the the dealership can apply at at the time of sale.

Reactions: slvervper99
Heading off to Bloomington to pick up F522171, delivery at 11 am. It’s getting real.

QUESTION Regarding The IL EV Authorization form

Looking at the instructions for Section 1 Applicant Information it doesn't say who needs to be identified, given our loan and registration documents will contain both my wife and my names, do I list BOTH or can I just submit it with my name?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Heading off to Bloomington to pick up F522171, delivery at 11 am. It’s getting real.

QUESTION Regarding The IL EV Authorization form

Looking at the instructions for Section 1 Applicant Information it doesn't say who needs to be identified, given our loan and registration documents will contain both my wife and my names, do I list BOTH or can I just submit it with my name?

Thanks in advance
I don't have an answer for you but I will tell you that I only put my name as there is only a space on all their forms for one name so I figured that was the correct way to do it. We'll see!

Thanks. Hmmmm, it Is really between 8-10 months turnaround time for the LR depending on the options. Wonder if I should remove my white interior option so that i might get bump to the 10 month period and add it again around November 🤔 I wonder.
Black will likely Expedite your order and I don’t think they will allow back and forth edits. They have seen all of these tricks played many times. Don’t want it just cancel.

Black will likely Expedite your order and I don’t think they will allow back and forth edits. They have seen all of these tricks played many times. Don’t want it just cancel.
Don’t want to cancel…don’t want to lose the $250 deposit and end up paying the increase in price (62k vs 65k). Anyway, if my actual delivery is in November; I’ll take it however, if it’s December…I’ll see if I can delay it for 30 days so it’ll land in January. Althoug, I’m still confused…can we delay it 30 days, 7 days or 3 days….I’m reading 3 different ways of delaying and not sure which one is current.

Reactions: merc65fd
F522171 is now Von Zipper II. Picked him up this morning from the Bloomington IL store. We were in and out in an hour, in their defense they were swamped. I could only find ONE flaw, a 1/2-inch scratch in the left rear door.
NcKc2UZ.jpg

I submitted a Service Request before we drove home and already have an appointment for Sept 8th.

I hate using the word PERFECT because that's in the eye of the beholder, but that was the ONLY flaw on my PMY I could find, even after we got home and went over it with a more critical eye. Mine arrived with:

Michelin A/S tires
Mud Flaps
PPF
New door cards.

I didn't get nor did I expect to get the cargo cover.

We had a 162-mile drive home. I can say any concerns I had over the P's suspension/ride quality were put to rest on I-55. I could easily live with the 21"s if they didn't have other shortcomings. Some new 18" tires/wheels from TSportLine will address those concerns.

Oh and he's a thirsty beast, our 2020 LR AWD managed 268 wh/mi going to Bloomington, and Von Zipped II used 317 wh/mi coming home (in CHILL Mode) granted it was about 15 degrees warmer.

So chalk up another happy owner.

F522171 is now Von Zipper II. Picked him up this morning from the Bloomington IL store. We were in and out in an hour, in their defense they were swamped. I could only find ONE flaw, a 1/2-inch scratch in the left rear door.
NcKc2UZ.jpg

I submitted a Service Request before we drove home and already have an appointment for Sept 8th.

I hate using the word PERFECT because that's in the eye of the beholder, but that was the ONLY flaw on my PMY I could find, even after we got home and went over it with a more critical eye. Mine arrived with:

Michelin A/S tires
Mud Flaps
PPF
New door cards.

I didn't get nor did I expect to get the cargo cover.

We had a 162-mile drive home. I can say any concerns I had over the P's suspension/ride quality were put to rest on I-55. I could easily live with the 21"s if they didn't have other shortcomings. Some new 18" tires/wheels from TSportLine will address those concerns.

Oh and he's a thirsty beast, our 2020 LR AWD managed 268 wh/mi going to Bloomington, and Von Zipped II used 317 wh/mi coming home (in CHILL Mode) granted it was about 15 degrees warmer.

So chalk up another happy owner.
Nice! I pick mine up next Friday, Congrats!