Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In case you want/need to swap out your arm rest decor....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a very very short-cut to get it out.
I've seen quite a few posting about how to get the center console apart just to replace the decor piece.
I was shown this method by a Ranger when we were discussing the small screws for the leather slider that fall off at times. This is the east access method to that stuff.
Hope this helps anyone that needs it!!

PS, I'm swapping out my bezel that's why it's missing from the video.

OK, in light of the controversy that’s been going on here, can I just say that this is a perfect example of a time when it’s perfectly appropriate and actually helpful to post a link to a YouTube video? Unlike the information that has been showing up in YouTube videos here lately, which could easily be conveyed by typing a few sentences, this information is best presented in a ‘show and tell’ manner.

OK, in light of the controversy that’s been going on here, can I just say that this is a perfect example of a time when it’s perfectly appropriate and actually helpful to post a link to a YouTube video? Unlike the information that has been showing up in YouTube videos here lately, which could easily be conveyed by typing a few sentences, this information is best presented in a ‘show and tell’ manner.
Plus, it's 29 seconds instead of 29 minutes!

Plus, it's 29 seconds instead of 29 minutes!

Obviously you have a decent amount of experience with this specific trim mechanism. Let me ask you this. My driver side arm rest has a little bit of... play.. you could say. Like the passenger side one doesn’t move at all when in the ‘covered’ position, yet my driver side one has developed a little wiggle forward and back. Is this common? I would pop mine off but I don’t wanna risk wearing out any slide or clips even more to create more of an issue..

8A0073AB-4CE2-46A6-A0B3-D3BDD5AB983C.jpeg
I am going to replace my figured ash with Carbon Fiber. Do I just need to take a pry tool and lift up the wood trim here? It’s not clear from this video how to actually remove the trim. Looks like I need to pop off side pieces there too?

View attachment 504654 I am going to replace my figured ash with Carbon Fiber. Do I just need to take a pry tool and lift up the wood trim here? It’s not clear from this video how to actually remove the trim. Looks like I need to pop off side pieces there too?
Get the other slider off, once you do just use your fingernail in the rear edge of the trim piece, it pops right up. A plastic pry tool will work too.