Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume with the Stage 1 dongle thingy, once you install it and activate it, you don't have to do anything else -- it's always "on"? You don't have to activate it each time you get into the car?

Also, does anyone know if the Stage 1 dongle has the ability to be upgraded in the future? (firmware update). For example, if they have better acceleration algorithms, or if they need to tweak something related to security, etc.

Yes Yes and Yes

There is a usb cable supplied for future updates (which are coming).. New features coming shortly. Stay tuned

Watch the video above @Rothgarr

• Informative
Reactions: Rothgarr
Seems like Rich Rebuilds got his referral code terminated due to “bad faith towards the company”. I’d be wary of doing this mod as Tesla is likely aware of this. But I guess if you’re aware of what you’re getting into then that’s fine.

Seems like Rich Rebuilds got his referral code terminated due to “bad faith towards the company”. I’d be wary of doing this mod as Tesla is likely aware of this. But I guess if you’re aware of what you’re getting into then that’s fine.
They banned him from the program based on a rule "commercializing, advertising, publishing, mass distributing, selling or paying for use of referral links is not appropriate"

On another note if this mod comes with a sale contract pledging to compensate losses incurred by Tesla response on mod existense - that would be some level of protection. But, let me guess, that is never going to happen, because mod manufacturer is aware that chance multiplied on potential losses would bankrupt them. So buyer beware - losses are on you.

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike
They banned him from the program based on a rule "commercializing, advertising, publishing, mass distributing, selling or paying for use of referral links is not appropriate"

Wow- guess Fred Lambert ain't getting his roadsters either then!

On another note if this mod comes with a sale contract pledging to compensate losses incurred by Tesla response on mod existense - that would be some level of protection. But, let me guess, that is never going to happen, because mod manufacturer is aware that chance multiplied on potential losses would bankrupt them. So buyer beware - losses are on you.

I'd about bet money there's a "nothing back" guarantee if Tesla locks anything out from these mods after you've paid for em.

I know MPP already includes a disclaimer like that up front for anyone who wants to buy a partybox from em.

I drive much slower now because of it. That straight off the line acceleration is wild. Drift mode was fun as **** and scary at the same time. Personally I feel like it's a $2000 well spent. I only care about the major updates so taking a trip to NH once or twice a year is fine by me. Personally I hope that they can either allow for users to update their own cars after a year or so. Being an IT guy I'm fine with playing around with the software. It's basically a computer on wheels. I'm one of those people who got excited seeing that the unit inside the car is liquid cooled. That's reliability right there.

The process was smooth and quick. There's this guy that lives there and told me and my friend some great stories, man's a player haha. New Hampshire was a nice drive from Long Island.

Personally I feel like it's a $2000 well spent. I only care about the major updates so taking a trip to NH once or twice a year is fine by me.

Your cares might change a little the first time something goes wrong and you have to pay to have your ghost towed to EG before you can then have it towed to Tesla to be repaired under warranty.

• Disagree
Reactions: omkar and TyH2009
N
Your cares might change a little the first time something goes wrong and you have to pay to have your ghost towed to EG before you can then have it towed to Tesla to be repaired under warranty.
No one asked you. K, byeeeee. I already know the risk. I have faith in Tesla's reliability. This car has been solid as a rock since I got it. And I don't hear the bring my wallet jokes about Tesla vs other companies.

Still need more pics or dragy to compare if it is a real P unlock. Butt dyno doesn’t count and for a company that has a product to sell....they sure aren’t providing much info. Sounding more like a scam then anything else like a get rich quick infomercial.

I just watched this video and at first didn't realize it was related to this particular mod.

The reason why I thought it was a different mod is because the "ghost" LR AWD in the video was FASTER than the performance model they were testing it out against. The guy driving in the P literally says, "he's faster than me", and makes other comments, like he feels bad for anyone that spent money on the P because the ghost LR AWD is actually faster.

I have a 2018 so I'm pretty sure I do have the "better" motors needed for this mod to even work. While I would love to be at the same level as a P, much less FASTER, I wouldn't dare to risk voiding my warranty over it... especially when said mod could very well screw something up and end up being the cause for me needing to use the warranty!

I remember when I got the APR flash on my S7, I was worried about voiding the warranty, but the shop said if anything at all went wrong they could just flash it back to stock, free of charge, and I could then take it to Audi to have the problem fixed under warranty and Audi would be none the wiser. I really wish it was like that with the M3, but the car is just too damn connected and Tesla would definitely find out.

I will very reluctantly pass...

I just watched this video and at first didn't realize it was related to this particular mod.

The reason why I thought it was a different mod is because the "ghost" LR AWD in the video was FASTER than the performance model they were testing it out against. The guy driving in the P literally says, "he's faster than me", and makes other comments, like he feels bad for anyone that spent money on the P because the ghost LR AWD is actually faster.

Yeah but then when the "ghost" car actually is tested with a Draggy it's certainly not faster than a real P.

So most folks are pretty...dubious...about the claim in the race.

I have a 2018 so I'm pretty sure I do have the "better" motors needed for this mod to even work. While I would love to be at the same level as a P, much less FASTER, I wouldn't dare to risk voiding my warranty over it... especially when said mod could very well screw something up and end up being the cause for me needing to use the warranty!

You do- but yeah I'd just stick with boost and a warranty and the ability to get routine OTA updates.

Just raced an RS7 and he engaged launch control at the light. Went from 0-70ish before he passed me but I was ahead of him half a car all the way through. I’m happy nonethelsss I can take one of those at the light especially at 72% and 3 additional people in the car. I have Tesla Boost.
3A091F9C-ACFC-45AF-BEC3-1D389CE64021.jpeg

Last edited:
Just raced an RS7 and he engaged launch control at the light. Went from 0-70ish before he passed me but I was ahead of him half a car all the way through. I’m happy nonethelsss I can take one of those at the light especially at 72% and 3 additional people in the car. I have Tesla Boost. View attachment 574534

You have the LR AWD w/boost? Just clarifying. This makes me feel better but it's also somewhat hard for me to believe. I had an S7 w/APR tune, and with launch control it pulled VERY hard...and the RS7 is a good bit faster than that. I don't think I ever lost a race.

I also have the LR AWD with boost, but I can't even picture pulling away on my S7 with the tune, much less an RS7!

Again, this is very hard to believe, considering even an older (2016) RS7 is running 0-60 in 3.2 secs...

Yeah but then when the "ghost" car actually is tested with a Draggy it's certainly not faster than a real P.

So most folks are pretty...dubious...about the claim in the race.

You do- but yeah I'd just stick with boost and a warranty and the ability to get routine OTA updates.

Yeah I noticed that too... when they did the dragy runs I think his fastest to 60 was 3.27secs, which is right in step with the P, not faster.

I'm definitely sticking with my boost, until Tesla decides to sell us even more unlocked power, and I'll be throwing my money at them again lol

Simple Tesla racing trick....slam it, get an advantage until 70 or 80 or whenever the other guy's higher gears kick in and he is about to pass you, hit the brakes like the race was already over and claim the win. :)
I mean...if you wanted top end why not buy a car with gears? Everyone knows Tesla are stop light/dig cars. Isn’t that why we all got one? I never claimed I beat him past 70 but hey...always having the jump and the pull on a high end or exotic car is always fun.

Reactions: DrtyJrze