Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initial 1000 HW2 cars getting AP software 12/31/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was one of the never-ending camera calibration cases on .185. Happy to say .201 is working after driving around in the rain for 30 minutes last night. This morning, TACC worked and I did manage to get auto-steer to engage on the 91 freeway when speeds dropped below 35 mph though it felt squirrely. When speeds picked up, the car would accelerate and hold at 35 mph. Like others have mentioned, I only see cars ahead of me on the dashboard display, not to the side. Will have plenty of opportunity to try out auto-steer going home tonight in Friday LA rush-hour traffic.

With more compiled miles prior to our delivery / returns for repairs & diagnostic testing - we could do camera calabration drives for over 100 miles & it'd still be less than ½ of our total odometer's total.
Maybe it'll be all calibrated on the way back to the shop this Monday.
Maybe all willl be working days later, once we get it back ... again.
:(

I landed a few hours ago and 2.52.36 was pushed to my car while I was out of town this past week. I installed when I returned back home but the release notes were basically the same as my previous update. Supercharger amenities, EQ, and smart driver profiles.

Does anyone know what this update is supposed to provide?

I don't think there is a way to tell, but word is that full AP rollout for HW2 vehicles should be coming early next week. Some HW1 cars already got it over the past 24 hours and the results are sounding really good, so it seems a go for all cars next week. (by full AP I'm referring to TACC and Autosteer).

Reactions: theslimshadyist
New member here.... I have a November build HW2 Model S with EAP running 2.50.180. No update as of yet. I had some option provisioning issues when I picked up the car, including EAP not being on the docs. Is there a way for an end user to confirm that the EAP option is active? Not sure what to look for on the display, if anything since I'm on 2.50.180.

New member here.... I have a November build HW2 Model S with EAP running 2.50.180. No update as of yet. I had some option provisioning issues when I picked up the car, including EAP not being on the docs. Is there a way for an end user to confirm that the EAP option is active? Not sure what to look for on the display, if anything since I'm on 2.50.180.

2.50.180 is the latest version for EAP cars (without any of the AP functions yet). If you are lucky, you may get 2.52.36 which "may" have the shadow mode for AP. Hopefully, by next week, you will have active TACC and Autosteer. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
While most of us wait for the update, I was noting down the features that I had in my old Prius that are now missing in my $100K Tesla. (Model S 75 with HW2 December delivery) A lot of these will be resolved by new software updates but some will never get fixed :(

No light for Vanity mirror- bad design
No Auto wiper - will get fixed
No Auto headlight - will get fixed
No DRL - Hopefully will get fixed
Mirror getting stuck - Got a service appt
Center console has a trap - bad design
No storage on doors - bad design
No proper light in trunk - bad design and placement of a small LED light
No stopovers in map routing - Hopefully will get fixed
No playback from USB or externally connected device - Could be user error. I have not figured out yet.

• Disagree
Reactions: HumanGenome
Got update 250.185 on 12/31. Cameras were calibrating since, until yesterday, 1/12. Got update 250.201. Cameras calibrated after about 20 miles. TACC working. Couldn't find slow enough traffic on the freeway to test Autosteer. I was just thinking the cameras calibrated because it was sunny today and this is the first sunny day since 12/31.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Got update 250.185 on 12/31. Cameras were calibrating since, until yesterday, 1/12. Got update 250.201. Cameras calibrated after about 20 miles. TACC working. Couldn't find slow enough traffic on the freeway to test Autosteer. I was just thinking the cameras calibrated because it was sunny today and this is the first sunny day since 12/31.

We got quite a few of the first 1000 people with 250.201 reported that they only need 15-20 minutes with this new release. You are one of those lucky few. The TACC and autosteer are both working fine with this release. Hope the rest of the fleet get it early next week.

While most of us wait for the update, I was noting down the features that I had in my old Prius that are now missing in my $100K Tesla. (Model S 75 with HW2 December delivery) A lot of these will be resolved by new software updates but some will never get fixed :(

No light for Vanity mirror- bad design
No proper light in trunk - bad design and placement of a small LED light

Abstract Ocean has much brighter replacement lights for your trunk. The Model S has wiring for three lights, so if you only have one now you can install three of them. I.have these lights and also their silicone fob protectors. Highly recommended.

Online Store for Tesla Model S & X Accessories | AbstractOcean.com

While there is no light in the vanity mirror, you can press the overhead light a few inches away and it will turn on and off.

Good Luck on the AP HW2 software features.

GSP

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
We got quite a few of the first 1000 people with 250.201 reported that they only need 15-20 minutes with this new release. You are one of those lucky few. The TACC and autosteer are both working fine with this release. Hope the rest of the fleet get it early next week.
Hi all, new to TMC, but hoping to be a more regular member now that I've got my new MS60D. I was wondering if any of you know if the new updates for AP2.0 models eliminates the 35mph speed restriction for autopilot functionalities the way it seems to have done for AP1.0?