Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ionity Charger Sites in UK [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Naa. There were some from Ionity, ABB and Kynast over from Germany. good lads.

On an entirely unrelated note - I'm thinking somewhere like... Dover, yeah, Dover could do with some high power chargers.

If your reading this Herr/Frau Ionity... North Wales is a desert. The A55 at Holyhead or Llandudno would be perfect. I see it’s on the funding plan 2017-DE-TM-0064-W - Innovation and Networks Executive Agency - European Commission

Oh...and perhaps be a little more sensible with the price. Given EUROP-E is putting up 20% of the money for many of Ionity’s sites to help build your private network, the current price is outrageous.

Reactions: JupiterMan
E3B7D590-B911-4AA4-B542-E593A108E606.jpeg

Ugly looking things!

Things are really getting pedantic when I'm rating which chargers have the best aesthetic!

This Ionity pricing has got to me so I’ve decided to do something. I can sit here and moan or I can make myself a bit of a nuisance.

For the good it will do, I’ve written to Europ-E and the CMA. Might do the DfT and my MP.

If I get any interesting replies I’ll let you know. I don’t want the potential unintended consequences for Tesla but I’d rather have open markets and fair prices and we don’t have that at the moment.

Reactions: JupiterMan
This Ionity pricing has got to me so I’ve decided to do something. I can sit here and moan or I can make myself a bit of a nuisance.

For the good it will do, I’ve written to Europ-E and the CMA. Might do the DfT and my MP.

If I get any interesting replies I’ll let you know. I don’t want the potential unintended consequences for Tesla but I’d rather have open markets and fair prices and we don’t have that at the moment.

What am I missing here? For non-Tesla drivers, the Supercharger network is a completely closed shop. Would you prefer, as a Tesla owner, to not have access to Ionity's network at all?

FWIW, I think Ionity's pricing even with a sub is pretty spicy, but that's another story.