Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ionity Charger Sites in UK [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If 3 out of 4 Ionity chargers are out of order when you get there, then the 3 x premium isn’t worth it if they can’t even be relied on in an emergency pit-stop. For that price they should have resident engineers at every station and they certainly shouldn’t be offline for more than a few hours let alone the multiple weeks of outage we’re seeing currently.

The app is in English, it reduces the cost from 69p/kWh to €0.39 which is about 36p

The website is too - Autostrom-Tarif | MAINGAU Energie (auto translated via Chrome browser)

I just signed up via the app as the website didn't agree my gmail.com email address was a valid address - seemed to think invalid characters were included?

The only thing I had to look up is what United Kingdom is called in German*, as some of the drop down menus on the payment authority are populated with German versions of country names. The rest of it is easy to figure out.

*(Vereinigtes Königreich, evidently)

• Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan
Reply from the EU below. Let’s hope a non-JV MSP such as Maingau can aggregate all non-JV spend and keep them in check.

Thank you for your message.

INEA and the European Commission are closely following the implementation of the Action Europ-E, coordinated by Ionity.

The Ionity project benefits from a financial support from the CEF programme. This support is object of a Grant Agreement (GA) which provides for specific requirements, among those the obligation to ensure that the recharging network has a fully open access 24/7 and can supply all users having a subscription or occasional.

It is confirmed that the usage of Ionity network is not restricted to any user of car manufacturer part of the GA. If this would be the case, this would disqualify Ionity to receive EU public subsidies. It is therefore a point which is closely monitored by INEA.

Regarding the pricing introduced by Ionity in February 2020, a meeting among Ionity, the European Commission and INEA was held in March 2020.

Ionity explained that, besides the possibility for the EV drivers to pay ad hoc, they offer the same three packages to all Mobility Service Providers (MSPs): a high price kWh price fee for ‘rare users’, a medium kwH price for ‘medium users’ and a low kWh price for ‘heavy users’. These have to be considered as ‘starting prices’ and the MSPs should negotiate with Ionity to provide the best offers to their clients.

If you still believe that the beneficiary of the grant is contravening any EU competition rules you have of course the possibility to file a complaint with the competent national or European authorities.

Finally, please be reassured that we will continue monitoring this issue and ensuring that all EU citizens can continue benefitting of the EV networks co-funded by the EU.

Kind regards,

Secretariat Unit C3

European Commission
Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA)

• Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan
IFTTT pinged for new Ionity GB chargers.

More than likely on free vend, given that Leeds and Peterborough are whilst they iron out the niggles within the system.

6x 175 kW

KT11 3DB

next to M25- Nando’s, McDonald’s, Starbucks

Google Maps

Total GB online
46FB30CD-F590-4716-B416-056DF335A2A3.png

GB under construction

FEDDE5FA-AE52-4CBD-99B7-8397FF150C1B.png

Source: IonityChargers.com

Reactions: Dangerous Fish
that's great timing for me, i'm off to a long trip to family in Brighton tomorrow, so passing Cobham, will pop in for some free juice!

I went to Baldock ionity last night, to test my maingau card, one of the stalls wasn't working, so tried another which was still on free vend :)

Reactions: CMc1
What's the catch with the Maingau card? Seems like a big discount for there not to be one...
no catch.

You just have to navigate the German application process (auto translate on chrome helps).

I got my card through the post a few days after registering - not used it in anger yet through Ionity's insistence on giving me free charging!

You load a credit card to your maingau account, then use the maingau RFID card to enable the Ionity charging process. the card works with other charge networks as well (app has a map with charge points) - not sure on any other discounts though.

Reactions: Dangerous Fish
no catch.

You just have to navigate the German application process (auto translate on chrome helps).

I got my card through the post a few days after registering - not used it in anger yet through Ionity's insistence on giving me free charging!

You load a credit card to your maingau account, then use the maingau RFID card to enable the Ionity charging process. the card works with other charge networks as well (app has a map with charge points) - not sure on any other discounts though.
Can you just use the app or do you need the RFID card/tag to get that pricing?