Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ionity Charger Sites in UK [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got caught out at Leeds last week - no longer on free vend, charged me a pre-auth of £67 twice due to first connection error then £0.69/kwh!

Took the bare minimum I could and got out of there quickly.

Who in the right minds pay 69p/kw unless in an emergency? Do Ionity want to be known as the 'only in dire need network'?

Once bitten, twice shy.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for the first pre auth to be released, 10 days later! Saw on Twitter one guy was charged 5 times!

It's free again today.

73BFBA8A-7B90-44EA-8F81-DE4AFDC38011.jpeg

They get a 'We Charge' card which is loaded with 600 euros, once it's used then there is a subscription model at 20 euros a month which give ionity at 29c kw/h. This is from Germany but i suspect something similar in UK
Presumably the 600 euros is charged at a rate of 75c per kw or whatever they charge in Germany. 600 Doesn't go far when you are paying double the price of diesel per mile

Got caught out at Leeds last week - no longer on free vend, charged me a pre-auth of £67 twice due to first connection error then £0.69/kwh!

Who in the right minds pay 69p/kw unless in an emergency? Do Ionity want to be known as the 'only in dire need network'?

Thanks for the heads-up. I keep seeing Bjorn using the Ionity in Norway as was tempted to try one but not at that price. I'll stick to Tesla Leeds superchargers instead.

Which machine did you use? As you look from the building, I was front row far left.

If they keep turning free vend on and off, it's not worth the risk factoring it in to a trip though!

Device 3. The middle one furthest from the buildings (facing north). Usually frequently visited by zap map posters to check if it's free or not. If not, usually enough juice to get to Whitehouse Street.