Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it impossible to add any options after finalizing?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess Tesla will decide when in the process and how many changes they can absorb without driving up costs. Hopefully it will not be a common occurrence - which would mean they could respond to the few who have second thoughts after finalizing.

Feels like we've beat this one to death. Anyone getting a second wind on this topic?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I got lucky...

I found out after I finalized and signed that my province is ceasing the EV rebate at the end of March 2013. So I called Tesla up and explained the situation, they said delivery would cut it close for me and suggested i upgrade my suspension and then i should be OK. After discussing with the wife I called Tesla back & told them I wanted to make the change. They simply re-set my dashboard so the finalize button re-appeared so I could redo it all. I added in the upgraded suspension on my own, and decided to add in the supercharger hardware too (what the heck, eh!). They are now redoing my paper work for signing.

I just figured that was nice of the fellow, but then came accross this thread. Now in retrospective I think it was super nice of the fellow at Tesla! I didn't make the initial call looking to change anything, just to see if there is an opportunity to help speed things up for a rebate deadline.

No offense taken. :) It is usually better to try to resolve problems like this privately first, without making a public issue of it. If that does not work, and you feel strongly about something, then going public and complaining in a forum would be the next step. You know the old saying about catching more flies with honey than with vinegar...

Well, I suppose I can add something.

I would expect that you could not make configuration changes after finalizing.

However, there are some things where Tesla has said "this *can* be added after the fact at a service center, for extra cost." It should be possible for the original poster to do *that* with the twin chargers, according to previous Tesla statements. It should be even more possible with actual removable accessories like the UMC and the parcel shelf.

Forget about making changes

:mad:Called the factory to see if I should add the active suspension. Not to speed things up but just because I heard so much about it maybe it would make sense to add to my $70k+ car. Well, because I ordered the car over a year ago, and now it is BOOKED whatever that means, any changes would trigger the PRICE INCREASE so a $1500 change would cost over $4k more. The good news is that my car may be available in mid April.

:mad:Called the factory to see if I should add the active suspension. Not to speed things up but just because I heard so much about it maybe it would make sense to add to my $70k+ car. Well, because I ordered the car over a year ago, and now it is BOOKED whatever that means, any changes would trigger the PRICE INCREASE so a $1500 change would cost over $4k more. The good news is that my car may be available in mid April.

This have been covered before you you clicked 'finalize' on your order, right? The active suspension is nice but the car will still rock without it so you don't have that much longer to wait.

Actually, I had a different outcome to this exact scenario. I finalized my 60 in late October without SC access and had the same regrets. Called the same number the next week and asked about the change (forget who I spoke with) and was told that it would be no problem, and my MVPA was amended. Seems like it truly depends on who is on the other end of the phone.

That's a slightly differ scenario. You had the super charger access grandfathered in, as it wasn't yet available as an option in October.

Not true, the announcement came before my finalize button was activated, hence I was not among those grandfathered (I have the $2K charge to prove it).

It is slightly different though in that we were still a long way from 60kWh production...