Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar I-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. C and 3 tell me what price and quality to expect. Same with E and 5, or S and 7. Surely you noticed?

I wasted half an hour of my life doing that before I posted that I couldn't find the price. That site never lists a price!
So this is what I see when I click on that link.

Screenshot_20180624-072042_Chrome.jpg

See those long numbers? That means monies!:eek:

How about their website?
Build your NEW ALL-ELECTRIC JAGUAR I-PACE
BTW it's an I-Pace, not 1 Pace
There is a laundry list of options, you can easily add $10,000 to the original $69,500 Base MSRP,
and $85,900 I-Pace First Edition. I noticed in particular the following options:

The building site mentions Fuji White and Narvik Black colors as default,
otherwise you have a choice of $575 metallic or $1,175 Premium Metallic.

$970 Head-up Display

To help reduce distraction or the need for you to take your eyes off the road,
Head-up Display is an option that presents key vehicle data such as your speed
and navigation directions on the windshield.
It features crystal clear full-color graphics in high resolution, enabling you to see
all driver inputs and information with ease.
It can display important information from the Touch Pro Touchscreen
such as the name or number of an incoming caller.
The feature can be turned on and off dependent on driver preference.
int_i-pace_k19_n-039ib-lrg.jpg

$1,700 Drive Pack
  • High-Speed Emergency Braking
  • Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go
  • Blind Spot Assist
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go is designed to keep your vehicle at a pre-set distance from the one
in front should it slow or stop when you're cruising on the highway or travelling in slow-moving traffic.
Should the vehicle in front stop completely, your vehicle will come to a smooth halt.
In stop-start traffic, Adaptive Cruise Control will automatically resume following the car in front.
The system can be activated from 12mph and once activated will operate between 12mph and up to highway speeds.

$3,000 Driver Assist Pack
  • High-Speed Emergency Braking
  • 360° Surround Camera
  • Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist
  • Blind Spot Assist
Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist
Featuring Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Control.
Makes long distance driving and heavy traffic situations more comfortable.
Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist works with you;
as you keep your hands on the wheel anticipating the road ahead,
the system is designed to assist with steering, braking and acceleration.
Should you remove your hands from the wheel, the vehicle will provide a warning.
If the warning is not heeded then the Steering Assist is deactivated but the Adaptive Cruise Control remains active.
opt_i-pace_k19_n-017te_us.jpg

$150 Reduced Section Alloy Spare Wheel

Lightweight alloy reduced size spare wheel with vehicle jack and toolkit
placed in a branded carrier and strapped to the top of the load-space floor.
opt_i-pace_k19_n-029vt_us.jpg

$400 Click and Go Base Unit (?)

The Click and Go range is a multi-purpose seat–back system for second row passengers.
The versatile Click and Go Base unit is integrated into the seat-back
and further attachments can be added to hold tablets, bags and shirts or jackets.
Each attachment is sold separately.
opt_i-pace_k19_n-129av_us.jpg

$100 Cabin Air Ionization (?)

Cabin Air Ionization helps your well-being by improving the air quality within the vehicle cabin.
It does so by ionizing particles in the air, making them attract to surfaces and helping cleanse the air.
opt_i-pace_k19_n-022gb_us.jpg

$50 Smoker's Pack (LOL!!!)

Add a lighter socket and ashtray to the center console.
opt_i-pace_k19_n-094aa_us.jpg

$700 Adaptive Dynamics with Configurable Dynamics
opt_i-pace_k19_n-027cw_us.jpg

$150 Adaptive Surface Response (AdSR)

Drawing on Jaguar Land Rover's unrivalled expertise with All Wheel Drive systems, Adaptive Surface Response (AdSR)
constantly monitors the car's environment and adjusts the appropriate motor and brake settings.
Once selected, AdSR works at all speeds to support you in adverse weather and across challenging surfaces.

All those options makes me think they are serious about this vehicle.
I wonder where and how many they plan to produce.
From what I read, all the Jaguar factories are already over capacity.

Also how they are going to build the batteries. This is the Achille hell of the production,
since there is currently no Giga battery factory in Europe so every cells need to be imported.
Same problem for the coming Porsche Taycan (Mission E).

Jaguar and Porsche are in the 200,000 cars annual production range, so if they fill up about 10%
of their production as EVs, it would about 20,000 cars a year or 400 a week.

If it was just a "check the box" EV for green cred, they wouldn't have gone to the effort to offer all those features.
This will even make the production line more complex, see the Model 3 ramping mode production issues.

Last edited:
Well, since you asked → Is Jaguar's Game-Changing I-Pace A Tesla Killer?
It's framed as a question, a clickbait question, but wait…
quote: So, what’s the I-Pace like? In a word, gorgeous.

I guess you didn't read the whole article. Here's a far more relevant quote, from the conclusion:
"No, the I-Pace is not a Tesla killer..." Prettyt clear isn't it? Not a Tesla killer.

So, I'm still asking: Who hyped the I-Pace as a Tesla killer? I can't imagine any knowledgeable reviewer saying that.

This will even make the production line more complex, see the Model 3 ramping mode production issues.
Eh ... I love Tesla, but all major manufacturers don't seem to have a problem with production line complexity. I think that is a Tesla issue.

Also how they are going to build the batteries. This is the Achille hell of the production,

Magna Steyr is producing the I-Pace, in Austria, so they're not using any Jaguar factory. The battery supplier is LG Chemical, which already supplies batteries to GM for the Chevrolet Bolt. AFAIK, Jaguar has not announced planned unit production numbers, but your 20k/year estimate sounds reasonable. I believe Google/Waymo have already ordered about 20,000 self-driving I-Pace vehicles, to be delivered over 2 or 3 years..

Eh ... I love Tesla, but all major manufacturers don't seem to have a problem with production line complexity.
I think that is a Tesla issue.
This is why Jaguar will produce initially (I presume) only a full loaded I-Pace First edition, with a choice of three body colors,
two seats colors, and 20" or 22" wheels.

Providing optional components requires additional steps during the production, but since all the cars are moving at the same cadence,
some workers might then need to be reassigned or will have to stay idling, unless cars with specific options are build in batches.

Last edited:
All those options makes me think they are serious about this vehicle. If it was just a "check the box" EV for green cred, they wouldn't have gone to the effort to offer all those features.

Serious, but probably not profitable. I think we will see an increasing number of vehicles, including the Bolt, that manufacturers and willing to make at a rate of a few tens of thousands per year. Only Tesla, Nissan and probably a couple of Chinese companies seem to be seriously investing in higher production.

This is why Jaguar will produce initially (I presume) only a full loaded I-Pace First edition, with a choice of three body colors, two seats colors, and 20" or 22" wheels.

You presume wrong!

Well, technically right - it looks like the very first I-Pace deliveries have been First Editions, but all trims and options are available for delivery about a MONTH later than the First Edition. Nothing like the Tesla Model 3 rollout, in which all options other than "First Production" option are delayed 1-2 YEARS after start of regular production.

CSFTN is right - most manufacturers have plenty of experience rolling out cars with multiple options. They are much better at manufacturing than Tesla is. But Tesla is still relatively young - they will learn and improve.

all trims and options are available for delivery about a MONTH later than the First Edition

Although only a total production run of 20,000, world wide, p.a. and Waymo are taking 20,000 units over the first 3 years ... so I'm not sure how many people will actually get their hands on one. My assumption is that that is because they (along with pretty much all other EV-car-makers) are battery-constrained.

Given that I wonder if Jag will "prioritise" the customers who choose higher profit configurations?

In Norway, no. Both First edition and others are arriving by sea early August shipments once a week. Mine is a HSE Launch edition in silver with tan seats and some extras; it was bundled with a lot of options. I also included a tow hitch and HUD.

Though, there is a delay already, they have said they will not deliver the car before a huge software update is installed. Delivery will then begin within 4 weeks, so for me probably first half of September - if all goes according to plan...

Eh ... I love Tesla, but all major manufacturers don't seem to have a problem with production line complexity. I think that is a Tesla issue.

If 'nail chewing' qualifies as 'complexity' then Ford is there too:

"Ford's decision to change the body of the F-150 — the company's most valuable and iconic vehicle — from steel to aluminum alloy was a four-year process that involved no shortage of nail chewing, because to pull it off required, essentially, building an entirely new factory where a perfectly good one was already standing", see

How Ford's Largest Truck Factory Was Completely Overhauled in 8 Weeks

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Given that I wonder if Jag will "prioritise" the customers who choose higher profit configurations?

Apparently not. I ordered in California, and was told it's first come, first served regardless of configuration. Probably this is another difference between Telsa and older, wealthier manufacturers - Jaguar does not feel the need to squeeze a few dollars more in cash flow at the expense of customer preferences regarding configurations.

Apparently not. I ordered in California, and was told it's first come, first served regardless of configuration. Probably this is another difference between Telsa and older, wealthier manufacturers - Jaguar does not feel the need to squeeze a few dollars more in cash flow at the expense of customer preferences regarding configurations.

This seems improbable; why would Jaguar create a launch edition that's more expensive and much more limited in options if they weren't going to offer those cars first?

I assume the dealer is the one that told you?

What's your expected delivery date?

Reactions: mkspeedr
If 'nail chewing' qualifies as 'complexity' then Ford is there too:

"Ford's decision to change the body of the F-150 — the company's most valuable and iconic vehicle — from steel to aluminum alloy was a four-year process that involved no shortage of nail chewing, because to pull it off required, essentially, building an entirely new factory where a perfectly good one was already standing", see

How Ford's Largest Truck Factory Was Completely Overhauled in 8 Weeks

The article you linked does not support that Ford has problems with production line complexity.

Reactions: Riggald
That they will sell all they can make is a given
That they wont be making many is also a truth
That they will not be making anything like the profit per vehicle that Tesla do is all but a certainty
That they dont have their own charging network is a fact, and relying on the vaguaries of the public networks in the UK would alone be sufficent to put me back in an ICE. Individual use case will determine how much of an issue this is ofc.

That is a ton of speculation given as facts here. I totally agree on the charging network, but the rest is either based on speculation, like profit per car, I think you meant gross margin here.

On what is that based? Guts? Why don't you think Jaguar can build a cheaper car, than the S and X?

Also what do you mean with "many"? 50k, or 500k? I agree on 500k, but not on 50k. Are there any official production capacity numbers? I know there is some sales estimates from an analyst, IHS Markit. Now sure you could believe that analyst, but that doesn't mean it's a fact. JLR boss Speth said he doesn't think global demand will eclipse their scalable production capacity and they had 25k pre orders a year ago.

Sure, this won't have nearly the same influence on the EV landscape as the Model 3, but it won't be a "compliancy car" with super low volumes.