Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar I-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, what’s everyone’s opinion here on why I-Pace sales are lagging?

1. It’s January (last full sales month)
  2. Anti-EV pressure by dealers, buyers pushed to F-Pace (any experiences)
  3. Lack Of stock
  4. Buyers want 0% financing because that’s what it is for ICE equivalents (money costs)
  5. Jaguar’s first EV to Jaguar’s customers and they’re scared (They don’t follow tesla)
  6. Lack of big advertising push (this is a guess since I don’t live in CA or watch TV)
  7. It’s not compelling enough.
  8. Recession is affecting many vehicle sales (how many other cars were down in January?)
I’m just happy to contribute.

Say, where is the I-Pace sales/production tracker?

Last edited:
I see 13 for sale here in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area...and they look to be the same ones that have been listed for a while now. The modest range and lack of fast-charging might be tolerable for this car (which is, by all accounts, pretty darn nice), BUT it is a tough pill to swallow at this PRICE point! The cheapest one for sale locally is $81,500 with the most expensive one topping out at $98K...ouch! Yes, I know the car "starts" at $69,500, but it is pretty easy to drop $10K on "typical" options (leather, modest tech, the "less ugly" mid-grade wheels, etc.).

Last time I looked, Hornburg in Southern California (our major JLR dealer group) has more than 30 I-Paces on hand. Many on cars.com are discounted exactly $3,000 implying there is a factory dealer cash incentive too.

Last time I looked, Hornburg in Southern California (our major JLR dealer group) has more than 30 I-Paces on hand. Many on cars.com are discounted exactly $3,000 implying there is a factory dealer cash incentive too.

Would be a good deal for people in the market for one and if they can locate them. A couple in PA. Saw 6 in SC. Saw 11 in NY. 13 in FL. 4 in VA. Only five places I looked after his google search: 2019 Jaguar "I-PACE" models financing at the APR - Google Search

Jaguar announced that they are now offering 0% financing APR for 24 to 60 months on all versions of the I-Pace. Here’s what they wrote about the offer:
“All new 2019 Jaguar I-PACE models eligible for financing at the APR shown for well-qualified buyers as determined by approved lender. Payments per month per $1,000 financed, regardless of amount of down payment, can be as low as $16.67 at 0% for 60 months. All amounts shown are estimates. Retailer sets actual amounts. Supplies are limited. Taxes, title, license and fees excluded. Residency restrictions apply. Customer must take new vehicle delivery from retailer stock by 4/1/2019.”

NY: Shop New 2019 Jaguar Inventory | Jaguar Huntington
SC: New Jaguar Hardeeville SC | Jaguar Hilton Head
PA: New Inventory | Jaguar Harrisburg
VA: New Jaguar I-PACE
FL: New Inventory | New Jaguar for Sale Fort Lauderdale, FL

So, any comments on real world range yet? Sounds like you might not take longer trips though...

Range really depends on the temperature. Today with spring-like weather, the range is fantastic.

DztdNEyX0AcSzph.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond
Seems like owners with newer cars (newer software?) have longer range than me. 18" wheels also help, and slower average speeds around 40-50 mph.

In winter climate here in Norway, lots of owner report 300+ Kms range which should be similar to a X90D in same conditions.

The car itself is great, silent, comfortable and sporty.

Teslabjørn is testing the I-PACE again these days at YouTube.

This equivalent test comparison shows how bad the iPace is for range - 26% worse than Model X for a much smaller car
No wonder they’re struggling to sell. At least they’ll be cheap on the used market

Tesla’s incredible efficiency lead is becoming clear with range test against Audi e-tron and Jaguar I-Pace
“In direct comparison, the Tesla Model X (drag coefficient: 0.25) performed best. The consumption was 24.8 kWh per 100 km ((39.9 kWh/100mi). The Audi e-tron (drag coefficient: 0.27) showed a 23% higher consumption of 30.5 kWh/100 km (49.1 kWh/100mi). The Jaguar I-Pace (drag coefficient: 0.29) had the highest consumption of 31.3 kWh/100 km (50,37 kWh/100mi). and required 26% more than the Model X. The significantly higher consumption of the I-Pace compared to the Model X confirms previous nextmove tests on the motorway.”

I'd love to get a used one for cheap in 3 years.
I suspect lots of luxury EVs will struggle for sales in the next 3 years so there will be some screaming deals "soon".
I agree. 2 years there will be tons of low mileage luxury EV's, likely half price. Car sales will start to resemble used cell phone sales - too much evolving technology (battery, motors, drive-train, charge rate, competitive charging infrastructure, weight, range, global suppliers, ect...).

Not to mention competitive nationwide service centers from legacy and other accessible suppliers (VW, BMW, Honda, ect...). I'm 2 hours from the nearest Tesla service center - not very convinient.

Last edited:
This other test in Norwegian compares I-pace with X100d, e-tron, Kona and Niro. 5 winners, all in their field.
The X has the lowest consumption of the 3 big ones at highway speeds, but pretty identical in slower speeds. The Koreans outclass the other 3. Range on the x100 is of course better than the other big, with 12 kWh extra battery. But I-pace scores big on sportiness and Audi on comfort.

Some interesting numbers in the test.
You probably will need to translate.
Stor vintertest: Nær 900 kilometer med fem høyreiste elbiler

These results are hardly surprising - just physics.

Weight is the largest factor affecting efficiency, and then aerodynamics. So yes, the smaller cars will be more efficient, but their smaller batteries will give less range.

And aerodynamics will dominate at highway speeds. But the Audi and Jag seem to be the worst of both worlds. As usual, style over substance.

We’ve been very disappointed with our EV400. Wife uses it around town, but the efficiency in the winter has dropped much more than our MS’s has.

The recent( as in past 1-2 months) pricing strategy of Tesla with the S and X(and also the 3 but less impact) has probably destroyed the demand for the I-Pace. Probably the E-tron too. I expect to see similar sales erosion of the I-pace/E-tron in European countries over the next couple of months. Feel a bit bad for Jaguar when the S/X refresh happens which will be another hit to demand for them.

Strange, Jaguar sold 391 in February to claim 9th place. This in small Norway with only 5 mill inhabitants.
The recent( as in past 1-2 months) pricing strategy of Tesla with the S and X(and also the 3 but less impact) has probably destroyed the demand for the I-Pace. Probably the E-tron too. I expect to see similar sales erosion of the I-pace/E-tron in European countries over the next couple of months. Feel a bit bad for Jaguar when the S/X refresh happens which will be another hit to demand for them.