Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Signed up for an account just to post this.

I just received a call from the advisor and he told me that since there's 1000+ orders of the LR RWD currently waiting in the US, management has decided to spend a few days to produce the cars to fulfill these orders before the end of the month.

Perhaps everyone will be leaving the waiting room together! *insert Oprah gif*

Man this is great news if its true!! I ordered my Blk ext/ Blk int, RWD LR, 19" wheels and FSD on 5/27 and check my account every time I pull my phone out of my pocket!!!

I've been lurking here for weeks, although it feels like months. I do the same thing as you guys, watching EVERY youtube video and checking for my vin and this forum to see if anyone posted anything that would give me a clue. I've been afraid to call my sales guy because someone said theirs encouraged them to switch models. So, I've been silently freaking out. I'm so happy to have found this "waiting room". Also, for those of you who get vins and delivery of your cars, don't forget to come back here and post the update!!

FYI, ordered 5/28, LR RWD, blue/black, 18.

As someone who works in manufacturing, if they can't easily switch between AWD and RWD, like literally one car after another, they've seriously screwed something up. It's most definitely that the cells can make more SR+ cars and RWD is lower margin. We are being delayed on purpose, and on top of still communicating 2 weeks even after 2 weeks have passed it is very frustrating. Love the car and the mission, so I'm still in, but don't like being treated unfairly.

I don't think that's a reasonable expectation. It costs money to set up manufacturing that way, and they have no reason to establish procedures that let them change configs on the fly.

It's completely reasonable and done all the time. I love Tesla as much as any of us, but not being able to easily produce RWD units is not why we are waiting. Can't fault them though, they are managing the business as they should.

Signed up for an account just to post this.

I just received a call from the advisor and he told me that since there's 1000+ orders of the LR RWD currently waiting in the US, management has decided to spend a few days to produce the cars to fulfill these orders before the end of the month.

Perhaps everyone will be leaving the waiting room together! *insert Oprah gif*
Such exciting news... I went to the SC today to purchase the nema 14-50 since they were sold out online.The SC advisor requested my VIN that of course I don't have yet. They were able to still sell me the nema for $37.80. The SC was reassuring and stated that we will get our cars before the June 30th deadline.

Such exciting news... I went to the SC today to purchase the nema 14-50 since they were sold out online.The SC advisor requested my VIN that of course I don't have yet. They were able to still sell me the nema for $37.80. The SC was reassuring and stated that we will get our cars before the June 30th deadline.
I ordered my 14-50 adapter last week and got a Fed-ex notice the next day that it was shipping soon. Track it and still hasn't shipped. LOL, they are consistent at taking money and promising soon.

My advisor at my local place said it didn't come with this adapter. But it comes with floor mats, which are the rug type?

Which I'm happy to buy the $35 adapter but then its a 50k car. Its like buying the new MacBook pro but then I have to spend another $10 for an adapter for USB devices. Just throw it in the box.....

Last edited: