Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to feel like Tesla is the worst run car company on the planet! If it weren't for the fact that BMW / Mercedes / Audi don't have a decent Electric car yet they would already be out of business. I place my order on 5/24 for a LR RWD MSM /Black interior with Aero wheels and was told no more then 2 weeks to get it. Well now its 2 weeks today and not a VIN# or chirp from Tesla. I've texted my Tesla rep multiple times and he has ghosted me now that my $2500 deposit has been made. I'm about ready to just cancel my order , what a terribly run company!

I'm starting to feel like Tesla is the worst run car company on the planet! If it weren't for the fact that BMW / Mercedes / Audi don't have a decent Electric car yet they would already be out of business. I place my order on 5/24 for a LR RWD MSM /Black interior with Aero wheels and was told no more then 2 weeks to get it. Well now its 2 weeks today and not a VIN# or chirp from Tesla. I've texted my Tesla rep multiple times and he has ghosted me now that my $2500 deposit has been made. I'm about ready to just cancel my order , what a terribly run company!

YUP!! i'm with ya. but i heard their cars are pretty good, so, once i get it, don't have to deal with those sales folks. :)

Been looking around the forum as well for issues with the 3, seems not huge one's, so i'm hoping the hype is true.

Disagree. Tesla has a nationwide fast charging network, non of the others do (and won't for the foreseeable future). Supercharger network is one of the sole reasons I have not canceled yet.

SO SO True.. owning a Leaf, i know that for a fact.. Tesla has capability to charge from J1772's, but not vice versa. That by itself makes me want to wait. And i saw an article that Tesla is committed to doubling the Supercharging stations . The other guys, they have to wait for private investors to get stations built.

So one Tesla employee told me they're getting nervous that LR RWD quarter end delivery goal might not be met because usually about 2 weeks before delivery the cars are in productions and they'd internally asking the VINs and that hasn't happened. Of course this depends on where the car is getting delivered. West coast much more likely to get it in time vs east coast. I'm gonna hold strong and if they don't discount the car after June 30, I'll cancel my order then, but not until then

So one Tesla employee told me they're getting nervous that LR RWD quarter end delivery goal might not be met because usually about 2 weeks before delivery the cars are in productions and they'd internally asking the VINs and that hasn't happened. Of course this depends on where the car is getting delivered. West coast much more likely to get it in time vs east coast. I'm gonna hold strong and if they don't discount the car after June 30, I'll cancel my order then, but not until then
Based on time line that I've noticed on other deliveries we NEED to get VINs by end of next week

Just got a text message about delivery reminder and to start getting paperwork together. Emailed my sales person to confirm what is going on. Fingers crossed.
I received the same delivery reminder text today. Tesla asked me to log in to complete all outstanding tasks and to upload my driver's license. I did this when I ordered the car but it's no longer there. Happy to at least get a text and for them to acknowledge my waiting. lol

I just got accepted and finished everything, along with initiating the ACH. Still waiting for actual delivery date and time. Seems like they discovered my car in an alleyway somewhere and are just making sure it is good before releasing it.

For the record you don’t have to do the ACH now, In fact you can do it right at delivery from your phone so you can wait until you have inspected the car before giving them your money.

Reactions: westcoast88
Got a text yesterday asking if I would switch to a same configuration (white/white/sport) but AWD with a 3k discount. I took the deal as it was worth the extra 1k to not have to worry about losing the tax credit and to get on the CA rebate waitlist sooner. Supposed to get delivery Monday. Best of luck for those hanging on!

Got a text yesterday asking if I would switch to a same configuration (white/white/sport) but AWD with a 3k discount. I took the deal as it was worth the extra 1k to not have to worry about losing the tax credit and to get on the CA rebate waitlist sooner. Supposed to get delivery Monday. Best of luck for those hanging on!
Can they contact me with that deal lol. What’s with everyone getting texts lately? I’ve never gotten a text and the only communication I’ve gotten without reaching out is a general email from my SC around original order date (5/16)

Woah I want that deal too. Charlotte actually has my config in inventory awd.