Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are 16 LR RWD models showing in inventory in EV-CPO. All 16 start with VIN 345, and all have white interiors and 19” wheels.

I could be wrong but I suspect these are the units they had in inventory in Canada that got relocated. Although Tesla does not assign VIN numbers sequentially, these numbers seem too low to me to be a June build. So far everything confirmed built in June has started with a 4.

We will need to wait until someone confirms they have a June build and see what the VIN numbers look like.

There are 16 LR RWD models showing in inventory in EV-CPO. All 16 start with VIN 345, and all have white interiors and 19” wheels.

I could be wrong but I suspect these are the units they had in inventory in Canada that got relocated. Although Tesla does not assign VIN numbers sequentially, these numbers seem too low to me to be a June build. So far everything confirmed built in June has started with a 4.

We will need to wait until someone confirms they have a June build and see what the VIN numbers look like.

Holy! I have a Vin Folks!

My page changed to say: Pay Off Your Remaining Balance Prior to Delivery :D
Had to go to "View Source" and search for "5YJ"
Ordered 5/19
Black/ White Interior LR RWD
345xxx

Update: 6/2019 Build
AP3 as well installed

Black/ White Interior 19inch wheels LR RWD

Tentative Delivery date: June 23rd

They said the car is still in Fremont , CA and is being transported to Florida.

LR RWD w/ white interior and 19" wheels matches the patterns we have been seeing in this thread where Tesla was changing white interior orders from 18" to 19" wheels and comping the change. This could have been to simplify production of white interior vehicles as there were less of them than black interior (guessing this from order tracker spreadsheet.)

When I logged into my Tesla Reservation account, it has a option to submit my final payment which I did. Now it says that I should expect Delivery as the next step but still no VIN# assigned as of yet. I hope it happens soon, only 2 weeks left in month!

Attachments

• Tesla status pic.jpg
    Tesla status pic.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: lax1mxb
So hey everyone. I ordered an MSM/black/18 on 6/3 (originally was an SR+ on 5/26) and tried using the source code to look for a VIN. One came up, but it’s nothing like the ones I’ve seen here. It ends in 06813... I used the VIN decoder and it shows something completely different from what I ordered. Any ideas? It also says “request callback” a few lines about the “VIN”. Any ideas?
On my account source page, it begins at the very top of the page with this line:

<script type='text/javascript'>CarConfiguration = {};CarConfiguration.BuildDetails = "Long Range Rear-Wheel

The rest of the line includes the other details of my order.

Here’s one for torture..... saw my VIN this morning. Submitted my payment so nothing can hold me up. Have been waiting all day for the “call”. My nephew works for a company that does CA registrations and texted me that my car is still in Fremont waiting to get picked up. At least it confirms I have a car.... was hoping to get a nice Father’s Day present in the form of my Model 3 this weekend...

Here’s one for torture..... saw my VIN this morning. Submitted my payment so nothing can hold me up. Have been waiting all day for the “call”. My nephew works for a company that does CA registrations and texted me that my car is still in Fremont waiting to get picked up. At least it confirms I have a car.... was hoping to get a nice Father’s Day present in the form of my Model 3 this weekend...
Once they start shipping depending on the time for southern california it can be same day or next day. Call up your SC and have them check your VIN and they might be able to schedule something tomorrow or the next day depending the status they see.

Reactions: lax1mxb
Since a lot of people following this thread will be picking up their vehicles in the next week or so, I thought I would post a few tidbits of things I’ve learned taking delivery of three Model 3’s in the past six months. Hopefully some of you will find this helpful.

1) Don’t pay Tesla anything beyond the $2,500 deposit until you inspect the car. Ignore the instruction to pay in full, ignore anything a Tesla rep tells you on the phone. If you are paying in full with cash, you can either bring a personal check or just pay via ACH after you inspect the car. If you are financing, try to get the bank to mail the check to you rather than Tesla directly. You have much better control over the situation if they don’t have your money yet.

2) Don’t sign any paperwork until you inspect the car. A rep will greet you and ask you to sign paperwork before they show you the vehicle. Just let them know you will be spending 30-45 minutes inspecting the vehicle first and then you can go over paperwork with them afterwards.

3) Don’t let anyone rush you. If they try to imply they are busy and don’t have a lot of time just ignore them. It’s your car, make sure it’s what you expect.

4) Bring a flashlight and tape measure. Compare the body panel gaps from left to right side and make sure there are no major variances (greater than 4mm). Inspect the nooks and crannies of the car, especially the undercarriage.

5) Look for paint scratches, dirt, bubbles, and swirl marks. Inspect the paint very carefully. Tesla does not do paint repairs. They send the jobs out to a third party body shop. This is a major hassle for a brand new car. If the paint has major blemishes don’t be afraid to reject the car and demand another VIN. They will have extra inventory so there is a good chance they will be able to find you another car in better condition.

6) If there are any issues with the car that need correction, ask them to create a due bill for you and ask for a written hard copy of the due bill. They may tell you they don’t issue hard copies of due bills. They do, trust me. Just say you require this to take delivery. Otherwise you may be fighting with them after the fact on whether they are going to fix something.

I know many of you are very anxiously awaiting delivery and the last thing you want to do when you get there is reject your car. I’ve been to five deliveries and I rejected two cars (and bought 3). It was heartbreaking to leave twice without a car but in both cases the issues were significant enough that it warranted rejecting them. You are going to have this car for a long time and you are paying a lot of money for it. If it doesn’t feel right to you don’t rush to accept something you are not sure of. You want to be happy with your purchase and not feel like you had to settle for something less than what you were expecting.

Good luck with the deliveries and please post your experiences after you are finished!

Just saw my vin from page source!!! Placed the order on 5/30: Black Paint, 18” Wheels, Black Interior, No fsd. I talked to the delivery team, they said the car will be arriving in Miami between 6/22 to 6/25.

This is great to hear! Just this morning my sales rep in Coral Gables told me none of the sales managers in South Florida had any idea on if/when the LR RWD would arrive... probably he was right and this is also taking them by surprise. It's a matter of hours now...

Hmm my VIN (assigned today in source code, not yet visible) is 337xxx rather than 345. I hope I didn't get a pre-HW3 build. I wonder if it has to do with configuration? Mine is Midnight Silver, 19' wheels, black interior. Ordered 5/27.

Seems odd that it would pop up on the same day as everyone else but be an inventory car from Canada or whatever.

Hmm my VIN (assigned today in source code, not yet visible) is 337xxx rather than 345. I hope I didn't get a pre-HW3 build. I wonder if it has to do with configuration? Mine is Midnight Silver, 19' wheels, black interior. Ordered 5/27.

Seems odd that it would pop up on the same day as everyone else but be an inventory car from Canada or whatever.
Just got to have a Tesla employee find out. The production could also have marked a final release of inventory, so you never know?

I have the exact same config and the exact same VIN. Tesla VINs are not sequential so I think ours are probably fresh builds. If you get in touch with an advisor soon, ask them about build date and HW3 just to confirm.

What is your masked VIN? I think you are the first 18" wheel VIN so far in this latest batch.
I ordered on 5/28, 18 in, blue/black . I called the 888 Tesla number a few minutes ago, just to check, they hooked me up to delivery in my local area. She was very nice, but offered nothing. I told her about our forum getting some matches, and she said she has no idea, and to be patient.

Last edited:
I ordered on 5/28, 18 in, blue/black . I called the 888 Tesla number a few minutes ago, just to check, they hooked me up to delivery in my local area. She was very nice, but offered nothing. I told her about our forum getting some matches, and she said she has no idea, and to be patient.
So were they able to match you to a VIN or just schedule a temporary delivery?

So we’re they able to match you to a VIN or just schedule a temporary delivery
She said to just wait for my vin, no scheduling or matching... And said they quote 2 weeks only for those people who can be matched, so that 2 weeks didn't apply to me. I told her I knew it would be longer than 2 weeks, but was wondering if she saw anything or knew anything. She didn't.

She said to just wait for my vin, no scheduling or matching... And said they quote 2 weeks only for those people who can be matched, so that 2 weeks didn't apply to me. I told her I knew it would be longer than 2 weeks, but was wondering if she saw anything or knew anything. She didn't.
Oh gotcha. When you said they hooked you up to delivery in local area, I thought that meant you got a date or something. I talked to my SC and the adivser there was able to schedule a "temporary" delievery date in hopes it'll come before then, so I thought something similar happened.

Reactions: KatieA