Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P - Who switched from a (true) sports car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's 2020, stop raping people's ears with your loud piece of $hit. There is nothing worse than seeing a crap car with fart cans driving around the street. Why is your pleasure worth more than everyone's hearing? If you want pleasure, go online, close your windows and lock your doors and do whatever you want behind close doors?

It's different at the race track, but even then there should be some limit at the track. It's not just for the neighbors, but is it really necessary for a Miata to blow higher db than their HP rating. I don't get it.

Loud Harley, they are even worse.

you sure you smoked from the right bowl this morning?

• Funny
Reactions: TyH2009
I am in my 30s your point? I have had 20+ cars, sports or non sports car. Adapt and move on and stop being an inconsiderate jerk. I am not saying there is no place for it at the race track or at a moderate level. Piece of *sugar* blowing 95db is not cool no matter where you are.

Feels appropriate for one of those "ok boomer" sort of comments. LOL...all in good fun.

I understand concerns on the 'sterilty' of these EVs. They DO lack 'emotion', 'passion', and many of the sensory benefits associated with sporty ICE vehicles. I miss it. Its definitely an adjustment and will require a transition period. In the meantime, nothing wrong with RAW, loud, smelly power in small doses. But I think we also understand what the future is.

I am in my 30s your point?

It was a lighthearted jab but honestly lost on you. FYI, I am part of the generation that preceded you and as we get older we tend to get more intolerant of others. Interesting reversal in this case :p

I have had 20+ cars, sports or non sports car. Adapt and move on and stop being an inconsiderate jerk. I am not saying there is no place for it at the race track or at a moderate level. Piece of *sugar* blowing 95db is not cool no matter where you are.

Ahh...adapt and move on. Adaptation is happening, but it doesn't happen overnight. Be patient and don't be (or appear to) so angry. Trust me, I get plenty annoyed when a Harley next to me rattles my windows or whatever. But guess what, i get over it.

P.S. Speaking of switching from a sports car to M3P, any owners come from the motorcycle world? 800HP in a Viper is one thing but 300RWHP in a 400lb wheelie machine is another :)

View attachment 537077

not 300hp but 1290 cc vTwin with 165RWHP/100ft lbs RWTQ (corrected for Denver altitude), 0-60 is 2.5sec if I dont botch the launch! (Have to admit I love the song of the full akra at WFO)...also have a 1290 Adv S and 2 KTM Dirtbikes (350/300)...

I reserved a tri motor CT (80k on waiting list) and started researching Tesla and then said screw it and got a m3P in Jan of this year - pickup tomorrow from the shop (MPP sport coil overs, FUCA's, ss brake lines all getting installed) - cant wait!

Few statements that should clarify my opinion on EV's
1) will never buy another ICE Car or Truck - CT replaces my 2500HD and when wifes X5 lease is up I wont give her a choice! :)
2) I would prefer to never buy another ICE Moto, but the elect ones just aren't there yet re weight, range and even performance (and esp at competitive prices) - but I will be first in line when competitive!

Always been a truck / moto guy so cant add value to this thread eg M3 vs Sports cars, but I will say im a better moto rider than perf car driver (again I've had trucks so no car / track experience), but I took the M3P out for my normal (moto) mountain run - 80 miles of twisties, switchbacks, elevation changes, etc in the rockies....and I thought the car did fantastic for stock...yes it get's a little unsettled at times (MPP to the rescue) and not sure the brakes are as good as the go pedal/weight (but not bad, just maybe rate ok to good)...but for my relative lack of skills/experience I'd say the car is very capable of hauling ass in the twisties and fun doing it(6am, no other cars on these roads, no houses)

FYI, anyone in NoCo, after the Covid situation settles, welcome to test ride the M3P with MPP Coil overs!

Sorry for the off topic! (but had to respond to the other moto head)

Attachments

• 67820662_1186792318172329_2259202516237418496_o.jpg
    67820662_1186792318172329_2259202516237418496_o.jpg
    643.9 KB · Views: 74
Really? The car that just drove by was fake? I am sorry your hearing isn’t good enough, you might want to see a doctor.

Really?

here are my claims:
(1) some cars sound good (without necessarily sounding loud)
(2) some people enjoy those sounds, and other sensations
(3) that enjoyment is independent of wanting or needing the absolute fastest car (the anti- grandpa paul argument)

somehow you think that translate into:
(1) me being your neighbor
(2) something having to do with harleys
(3) there being a "fart can" attached to my Tesla
and
(4) my having just driven by, disrupting your daily polishing of that smooth, smooth brain of yours

keep going, we're entertained.

Reactions: gjmccag
I'm gonna start taking mountain drives each weekend until the shelter gets lifted. Generally there will be a 911 or a M3 with me so we shall see how the P3D does in comparision. It did great chasing a GT3 through the mountains last weekend. I was thoroughly impressed. His P car couldn't get away from my p car.

I switched from a 2018 Mercedes C63 AMG. While the Tesla feels fast for some reason the AMG still felt more aggresive and faster, but much less confident to drive. My favorite part is the brake dust is non existent compared to the AMG