Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They do affect the handling. We had to remove half a degree of camber on the front end because the car was too darty on a street. And every car is different, you can't compare a Porsche to a Tesla, otherwise there would be a single alignment setting that every car in existence could use.
I agree that there isn't a universal alignment, but the fundamentals of setup are similar. Everything is related, toe is going to affect your turn in and perceived dartiness. But excessive negative camber can also manifest itself as dartiness.

I agree that there isn't a universal alignment, but the fundamentals of setup are similar. Everything is related, toe is going to affect your turn in and perceived dartiness. But excessive negative camber can also manifest itself as dartiness.
And camber on a stiff suspension setup is more sensitive than one on soft bushings. Which is my exact point.

David at Monrovia Alignment, who came recommended by owner Don of N2itive, installed the rear adjustable camber arms & aligned my June 2023 build MSP. It's always awesome to actually get a chance to work with the proprietors of any small business. For SoCal owners, access to the Don/David combo is a huge advantage for the niche vehicle that is the MSP.

IMG-3048.jpg

• My priority is enjoying factory driving dynamics w/ improved tire wear as I love the OEM spec T2 PS4S and will always run them
  • My MSP is a daily driver type vehicle, will never see track time
  • I am always suspension default to low unless the computer adjusts to medium on rough hwy pavement or I'm entering the many steep curbs in these LA streets on high
  • I want full control of my rear camber specs, especially given the crazy in-spec variance from factory, and want a well engineered piece so shims were never in play for me
Old specs (suspension on low)

IMG-3053.jpg

New specs (suspension on low)

IMG-3054.jpg

Camber wasn't too bad from factory front and rear. Car drove fine originally, but glad I tweaked it so I know where I stand. Time will tell how long my tires will last. I'm currently at 2.5K miles. I'd be well pleased if I fetch a normal PS4S 20-25K out of the rears.

Hope this helps some of y'all!

Good luck and have a blast.

David at Monrovia Alignment, who came recommended by owner Don of N2itive, installed the rear adjustable camber arms & aligned my June 2023 build MSP. It's always awesome to actually get a chance to work with the proprietors of any small business. For SoCal owners, access to the Don/David combo is a huge advantage for the niche vehicle that is the MSP.

View attachment 976405
  • My priority is enjoying factory driving dynamics w/ improved tire wear as I love the OEM spec T2 PS4S and will always run them
  • My MSP is a daily driver type vehicle, will never see track time
  • I am always suspension default to low unless the computer adjusts to medium on rough hwy pavement or I'm entering the many steep curbs in these LA streets on high
  • I want full control of my rear camber specs, especially given the crazy in-spec variance from factory, and want a well engineered piece so shims were never in play for me
Old specs (suspension on low)

View attachment 976402

New specs (suspension on low)

View attachment 976403

Camber wasn't too bad from factory front and rear. Car drove fine originally, but glad I tweaked it so I know where I stand. Time will tell how long my tires will last. I'm currently at 2.5K miles. I'd be well pleased if I fetch a normal PS4S 20-25K out of the rears.

Hope this helps some of y'all!

Good luck and have a blast.
Thanks for the info!

Did the driving characteristics change in any way on regular driving and full accel?

Did you install lowering links?

JC

Attachments

• IMG_8535.gif
    IMG_8535.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
View attachment 981615

Tire or tites size has nothing to do with camber issues. Any size will have issues if the alignment is off.

Tire profile matters. That's why with the 19" it's not really a big deal, and why with the blockiness of the 21" it wears out faster.

Picture above shows that; tire has quite a bit of wear across it and the excessive wear on the edge hasn't worn through the cap completely yet. If he had a set of 21" on there, the 21" would have been obliterated long ago.

• Disagree
Reactions: NJturtlePower
I’ve read through these threads and I have an appointment next week for Macsboost shim install and alignment.

Can anyone confirm my understanding? That the N2itive specs on medium is correct with the Macsboost shim kit?

2023 S LR with 21” Arachnids
The macsboost shim is for the camber arm. The stock camber arm is fixed and not adjustable. The shim pushes the camber out to try to correct excessive negative camber. The n2itive specs are to be used with their adjustable camber arms. The shim fix does not provide camber arm adjustment it just pushes the camber out a fixed amount.

Im curious what you guys think of these number. This is stock suspension measured in low. I have 20x10 275/35 on all 4.
I have no issues with inner tire wear etc.
Is my alignment the reason I have no issues?
View attachment 990726
Correct, your toe settings are good. A bunch of people (admitting myself being one of them) wrongfully thought the wear was due to too much camber a long time ago. After lots of discussions and more data, we've figured out that it's due to excessive toe out, not camber. And some of the bad toe out settings were only on one wheel, because the car came off the factory line with a bad alignment.

So you don't necessarily need less rear camber, you need less toe out and the alignment done in the low setting.

Not a single person that has had an alignment done properly and not from a service center, is seeing this excessive inner tire wear.

• Informative
The macsboost shim is for the camber arm. The stock camber arm is fixed and not adjustable. The shim pushes the camber out to try to correct excessive negative camber. The n2itive specs are to be used with their adjustable camber arms. The shim fix does not provide camber arm adjustment it just pushes the camber out a fixed amount.
I’m aware of that - the end results to aim for should be roughly equivalent no? It matters not how the negative camber is removed - only that it can be set within a much tighter tolerance and closer to zero.