Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stupid question - the antenna that shows the planned path of the car transitions from grey to green. Any idea what the colors are trying to communicate?
I think (but I could be wrong, as is often the case ;) ) that the color is confidence based. It goes green when it goes "Yup, I can see the environment well, everything is labeled, and I have strong confidence that this is the path I'm going to drive."

Well, I'm still at 99, but I was pleasantly surprised to see more 100s getting it overnight in spite of it contradicting my guess. It's bittersweet, though, as based on this:
I'm starting to share the concern others have voiced that idiots are going to make regulation rain down hard.

ETA: To be clear, I'm not even suggesting this poster, who I don't know, is an idiot, but I am suggesting that if people with low scores can reset their scores, idiots who will abuse the feature and cause problems are just as likely to take advantage of that as contributors who get legit shafted on their score. I suppose it's also possible that the suggestions are trolling to screw some people out of beta altogether. Regardless, I'm not resetting mine, but it's not out of principle, it's just that I already have 99 and plenty of miles. By the time I reset mine at this point, I might get the pre-release beta 2-3 days sooner, but I imagine there is a non-zero risk that someone attempting to reset their score could end up on 2021.36 and not be able to opt back in.

You’re right to worry. This dude apparently keeps his head down while driving for 5+ seconds at a time. I mean, maaaaaaaybe he likes driving with his head down while angling his eyes up to look at the road through his eyelashes, but I very much doubt it. If he’s willing to do that on AP, god knows what he’d do if he had the Beta. I would hope that he would know enough not to, but I doubt it. It’s absolutely not safe to keep your head down for 5+ seconds on AP, Beta, or any other OEM ADA system. That’s how you let your car run into the back of an offset police cruiser with lights flashing. I can’t imagine taking my eyes off the road for even 2 seconds, let alone 5+.

Reactions: Dan D.
I have recently been able to change my morning ritual. Usually I am groggy if I don't take a coffee with me on my morning commute. I have figured out the way to cut coffee out. Just turn on FSD Beta and that will wake me up and keep me buzzing long after I arrive at the office.
It could be a laxative substitute too.

I just got beta last night. I just want to confirm that when they say to press the video record button to report events, they're talking about the icon that was already there before, for recording to USB? For some reason I was expecting a new icon just for reporting events.

My impressions so far are that it takes sharp curves too quickly, and it likes to change lanes and tailgate people.

Yep, I need to write an email to Tesla about this, though I'm sure they already know about the limitation. It should get into the bike lane, or at least to the extreme right hand side of the lane, for this right hand turn (people are routinely flying along this road at 60mph and FSD Beta likes to slow down to 15-20mph in the middle of the lane (not even the hint of a move to the right) to make the turn.
Yes. fyi, I got a moving violation for doing something similar to this. Fortunately, I had the mindset to save a video clip. With video in hand, went to court and beat it. The fun part was the judge told the cop to study up on this action. :)

I just got beta last night. I just want to confirm that when they say to press the video record button to report events, they're talking about the icon that was already there before, for recording to USB? For some reason I was expecting a new icon just for reporting events.

My impressions so far are that it takes sharp curves too quickly, and it likes to change lanes and tailgate people.
No it is the NEW Video Camera looking Icon on at the top of the screen. After pressing it says something like "Snapshot sent". I think you can do up to 5 per trip before it overwrites.

That is a great idea, and I'll be doing it from now on.

I bet the guys/gals at Tesla appreciate not having to do the leg work associated with matching up emails to videos... having the VIN right there probably saves them some hassle.
I also added my year and model. Of course they can find that but it might help speed categorization. I made up a template so the top of every email starts -
vehicle - 2020 Model Y - VIN - 5YJYGDEE2LF036XXX (real digits not XXX in email)

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
No it is the NEW Video Camera looking Icon on at the top of the screen. After pressing it says something like "Snapshot sent". I think you can do up to 5 per trip before it overwrites.
As shown in this screenshot from a @DirtyT3sla video.
1634660341507.png