Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, thanks! I never would have thought that is a camera. It looks like a bottle of water or an oxygen tank.
What did you think it might do if you pressed it?

Stupid question - the antenna that shows the planned path of the car transitions from grey to green. Any idea what the colors are trying to communicate?
Good question, not a stupid question!

All these things can(not) be found in Tesla's FSD Beta User's Manual.

Reactions: fo_Sean
Hope 10.3 tunes turning speed to a much more reasonable level. It uncomfortably takes turns accelerating way beyond what it can handle and then slams on the brakes. Does it think this is a race or something?

I’ve just been disengaging during the turns now unless there are no other cars on the road. If they can smooth out the turns I can get to all the stores around me.

It also misses many speed bumps which I hope are being sent back to the mothership. Excited to see how FSD develops over time.

Oh and auto high beams are so bad, I think worked better on radar

I don't see a relationship between radar and auto high beams, but others have reported regressions of some long-time-working features.
I've just noticed it more, maybe nothing to do with radar. But cars can sometimes be right in front of me (in the lane on my left coming towards me) and it’s blasting them with my high beams, quite embarrassing but it turns them back on after every disengagement.

Reactions: Phlier and Genie
@EVNow that beta forms is yours right? If you're submitting to Tesla I guess we shouldn't enter stuff in your form and our own email. Also are the form results aggregated somewhere where we can look at them?
I'd suggest doing both. Infact you can just copy paste from the mail to the form.

You can look at the consolidated list in the sheet linked to the first post. I'm still waiting for one of the mods to change the thread to a wiki, so I can edit the first post.

You can look at the consolidated list in the sheet linked to the first post. I'm still waiting for one of the mods to change the thread to a wiki, so I can edit the first post.
When I look at the first post, I see "This is a WikiPost. Members with appropriate permissions may edit." I also see an edit link at the bottom of the post. I didn't look for that prior to now, so I don't know when it started showing that way, but the post has had a little "wiki" icon next to it when looking at the relevant forum by the time I joined the discussion.

When I look at the first post, I see "This is a WikiPost. Members with appropriate permissions may edit." I also see an edit link at the bottom of the post. I didn't look for that prior to now, so I don't know when it started showing that way, but the post has had a little "wiki" icon next to it when looking at the relevant forum by the time I joined the discussion.
No - I'm talking about a different thread !

Reactions: Phlier and impastu
I went for a short drive near the house - less than 10 minutes - 4 or 5 miles.

I had 8 interventions including stopping fsd beta. Ran out of my 5 video reports limit - so came back home ;)

FSD Beta continues to struggle with
- Turning on to road with a divider from an unmarked road
- Small round-abouts
- Turning left from one unmarked road to another

All this even after I lowered the speed from 25 to 15 mph.

I wonder whether the Tesla fsd team has a totally different view of how things are going because the youtubers just let it go and don't report obvious problems. May be I have a different view because I've done a lot of s/w testing in my professional life ....

Came home and drove a long way through some higher end (Buckhead) neighborhoods. Did so much better than on the urban city streets but still had some bad interventions. A few off memory.

• Construction vehicles parked on both sides and a truck coming through. FSD heads straight at it playing chicken to see if he would pull into a tight spot rather than stopping and waiting 2 seconds for him to clear. Real A-Hole move.
  • Elderly person walking facing traffic on side of road and FSD heads straight towards them while they are looking me in the eye. I took over. I'm sure it would have moved over but it is VERY un-human, confusing and impolite to head straight at a pedestrian when they know you see them.
  • A point where there was a triangular island at the end/intersection and FSD needed to turn left. It first tried to go to the right and then hard turns back to the left and tried to get in. I hit the brakes hard to keep from running up on the curb.
  • Needed to make a left and missed road while jerking the wheel back in forth. Rerouted to the next left and went past it and then tried a hard turn that would have hit the curb had I not stopped.

And this was good drive compared to high traffic urban city streets that I live in.

I had 8 interventions...

FSD Beta continues to struggle with...

I wonder whether the Tesla fsd team has a totally different view of how things are going

Maybe the Tesla FSD team don't see the issues, that's a key question.

because the youtubers just let it go and don't report obvious problems....
Oh, they've been reporting lots of issues constantly. Many problems are just still there with each new update

Could be the problems are on the developers' lists or could be they don't see the problems as problems.

I hope they're actually working on the problems. Would be nice to see the list...

I just got it! Now downloading. Got to 100 last Friday.
Lucky you! I'm still trying to raise my 98 to 99. We keep driving into neighboring Ashland. It's a tourist area downtown. People stroll along the sidewalks and make spontaneous, unpredictable decisions to cross the street. Hence hard braking. Hence our persistent 98 score. Sigh. Still, it seems a better alternative in the big scheme of things than hospitalizing tourists.

It's a giant roomba. Roomba at the wheel.
It doesn’t suck!
That is a great idea, and I'll be doing it from now on.

I bet the guys/gals at Tesla appreciate not having to do the leg work associated with matching up emails to videos... having the VIN right there probably saves them some hassle.

Until Tesla gets tired of all the complaints and knocks your vin out of the beta 😱

• Funny
No - I'm talking about a different thread !

I knew that, somewhere around 29 pages ago. I suppose your link to the other thread in the comment I was replying to should have reminded me, too. Let's do this again when this thread gets a bit deeper.

How do you figure that they’re a mix of AP2.0 and AP2.5? It seems almost every 2017 that I have spoken to that received the beta is a late Aug 2017 or later Model S with AP2.5.

There is currently no evidence that suggests a single AP2.0 vehicle has gotten access but I would love to be proven wrong and give some hope to my vehicle that’s going on 3 weeks at 100 score with no beta to show for it.
Along these lines of AP2.0 cars I saw this on Twitter the other day of a couple more examples.

ap2.jpg