Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roomba.jpg

I'd think a press of the snapshot followed by a button press to activate a voice message might be best.
That is a great idea.

Anyone wanna Tweet it to Elon?

Such a shame that there isn't any better communication chain open for Beta testers than Tweeting the CEO.

Yeah, sure they have the one email address to provide context/videos.

But what they need is an actual forum just for beta testers, to provide an open dialog between what we're seeing and Tesla, as well as to provide a way for us to get good ideas like the above to them.

It would need to be heavily moderated, though, to keep the signal-to-noise ratio under control. I nominate @AlanSubie4Life for the job. ;)

Not recommending this but I could see regulators considering this in the short term until self driving cars are more common.
I doubt it.

Anything that requires individual car owners to do something expensive would be highly impractical.

Soon, there will be other companies like GM joining the race - and they have tremendous lobbying power. Regulators won't cross their wishes.

Reactions: dcesq06
Happy Monday, everyone! For those who have not yet received the beta FSD release, please continue to update the spreadsheet in post #1 - so we can see where you were at right before your car was included in the program. Thank you! :)
Done!

Sorry it took so long.

I hope I did it right. I either updated it with my information, or I just sold your car... to me.

Ah well.. win/win.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
I can't find what you are referencing, can you link the post? Thanks!
Both of the posts I referenced were quoted in my post. The quotes link back to the posts already via the names at the top of the quotes. I'm not sure what you were looking for that you didn't see. My best guess is maybe you interpreted this part of the second quote differently than I did (with emphasis added this time):
The car randomly had the planned path go crazy for no apparent reason, wanting to go into the adjacent lane to the right and then complete the left turn against a red light and the car actually moved forward a little, forcing me to hit the brakes. Tried to re-engage and the car creeped forward a bit with the light still red, and I wasn’t risking it so I hit the brake again and left Beta off until I completed the turn myself.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Apologies if its been covered already in this unruly thread to follow, but do we know the frequency that new cars are being added to the FSD program? I just recently got our car up to a score of 100 (as of a couple days ago) and am wondering when it will be considered for the next round of updates. We have a few hundred miles on the car since scoring began. Thanks in advance!

....This drive was not cherry picked for being poor; it represents a fairly typical drive for me. If there were no traffic, I would not have disengaged on some of these turns. But with other vehicles around, this is all very typical for required disengagements, to avoid having any other driver notice that I am using FSD Beta.

Summary:
1) Smooth stopping is very rare.
2) Smooth steering is somewhat rare.
3) Acceleration is usually not bold enough, but sometimes too bold. Context ignorant.
4) At intersections, FSD Beta frequently sets up in the wrong spot, far short of where it needs to be.
Glad to see someone who got the same "version" that I got. :eek: Live in the city and it is just not capable in heavy traffic on crowded backed up streets. Left before dawn this morning finally got an almost decent drive.

Did drive out to the burbs on Saturday and it did OK there. However it was my first driving and I needed my "Beta" brain trained.

Sunday I started by driving through the GA Tech campus and it did OK but was crawling with pedestrians and scooters (odd sees them as pedestrians, bikes or motorcycles) everywhere. Then hit heavily crowded city streets and it was a nightmare of failures, edge cases and inconsistencies. Was a very dejecting drive.

Glad I was able to get a little satisfaction this morning. Still all the braking, accelerating, steering wheel flipping back and forth is annoying. Living in the city is going to limit my use but will try and use when I can.

Apologies if its been covered already in this unruly thread to follow, but do we know the frequency that new cars are being added to the FSD program? I just recently got our car up to a score of 100 (as of a couple days ago) and am wondering when it will be considered for the next round of updates. We have a few hundred miles on the car since scoring began. Thanks in advance!
No, we do not know. However, based on what we've seen so far, my guess is that you'll receive it when 10.3 is released, which would be at roughly 0:00 PDT on 10/23 if it comes out on schedule, but the last two releases have come out a couple days late (IIRC: 2 days late for 10.1, 3 days late for 10.2).

• Helpful
Reactions: Araman0
Updated info for AP 2.0 cars…
I just got off the phone with an agent on the vehicle support line. After some research and messaging with internal support folks they stated that “early S and X” cars that have gotten the HW3 and MCU2 upgrade will be able to get the FSD beta with our AP2.0 cameras. However, they have put us at the very end of the list after all other FSD beta requests have been filled. Naturally, they didn’t have any details how long that would take.

They were able to put in a “request” that older cars will 100 score be brought to the top of the queue since we have been waiting close to 5 years now, but they didn’t have a way to track the response.

The best that can probably be done now is to have more eligible early AP2.0 cars request the reprioritization to the proper place in the queue based on safety score vs. just being told “you are at the back of the line”.