Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: Jack Points — location, use, damage, pads, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a set of the classic hockey puck style jack pads that are too thick for my M3P. I was debating whether to buy another floor jack when I ran across these Gen 2 ReverseLogic Jack Pads. Just received them today and they are really really nice. Much more compact both in diameter (63mm vs. 75mm) and thickness (18mm vs 25mm). This should give me the clearance I need. They also have this nice magnet that pops up and sticks to the jack point.

Very pleased.

Link
IMG_1523.jpg

Reactions: SlimJim
Update: Thankfully another member told me his car had damaged jack points as well and since they are integrated into the battery pack, his pack was replaced. He offered his vin and specifics. I again asked Tesla to repair the damage, they declined. Then I replied and included that owner's information and now the battery is begrudgingly on order. I told them he was given unsolicited FSD for the trouble and they told me to pack sand. :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Update: Thankfully another member told me his car had damaged jack points as well and since they are integrated into the battery pack, his pack was replaced. He offered his vin and specifics. I again asked Tesla to repair the damage, they declined. Then I replied and included that owner's information and now the battery is begrudgingly on order. I told them he was given unsolicited FSD for the trouble and they told me to pack sand. :rolleyes:

Glad you’re getting it repaired. Tesla service centers might as well be independent repair shops. They are all over the board with standard operating procedures.

• Informative
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
I had this issue happen suddenly yesterday. I got in my car after a short drive home (6 mile commute) so no long-range driving. The car had been sitting in the garage for about an hour. When I went out and hit reverse, I got this:

View attachment 442120

I returned home, restarted the car. No change. I shut the car down and let it sit overnight. Then the next morning when I backed out, it was back to normal.

Will definitely keep an eye on it. I don't think it was heat related as the car was cool and hadn't been driven for that long.

This just happened to me today. 5 week old car, and exactly same display when backup camera image is shown.

How did your issue get resolved?

Attachments

• IMG_20190908_175157.jpg
    IMG_20190908_175157.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 196