Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matrix Headlights on LR Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We still don't know. One person on here was told that. But so far I have't read any reports of cars not having matrix from Fremont in 2023. Right now mostly 66 and 67 VINS seem to be delivering and they still have matrix. It will be the next few VIN series where we shall find out if what that guy was told is correct or not.

Tesla has gone back and forth many times with matrix on LR. So don't be surprised if they go back to non-matrix (premium) again.
Between (I think) July and end of Sept they were using matrix and even made an announcement that it would be temporary until~ October when supply of the non-matrix was back. My car was built Oct 14th....no matrix....then sometime in November some cars had matrix, some didn't...then into Dec and now 2023 seems all had matrix.
I will keep you posted after I pick up my MYLR next weekend. Hopefully, If still the case.

Reactions: matchbox
OMG, I really want Matrix..............you mean Fremont is switching back to non-matrix? I thought my MYLR is just produced last week since my vin assigned three days ago.
Matrix on LYLR was always presented as temporary due to supplier issues.
However, there have been reports on TMC of Tesla SA's describing all headlights now as "matrix".

The only reality is what you find on your MY. It's good either way.

There are a few people reporting delivery of this configuration, Its going to depend on your VIN from what I understand well at least production date
Headlight on freemont is different then Austin. We have one picked up last week Austin built and I just came back from dealership today without picking up delivery of my Model Y Freemont build because it was dead on arrival during my inspection. Windshield need replacement due to scratches on it. Overall not a happy experience. Will see in two weeks when they will reassign new vin #.

I got my vin yesterday for my model Y LR. I did not get matrix headlights.

I ended up rejecting the VIN and changing my order to model Y premium. The matrix lights are super important to me and I knew I was going to get the acceleration boost for the LR.

Now I get the better brakes, spoiler, etc.

I didn’t want the 21” wheels but eh, I gambled and lost.
Hi,
I got my vin# just now and want to find out how do i know if i have matrix headlights . Please help

Hi,
I got my vin# just now and want to find out how do i know if i have matrix headlights . Please help
You can message or call your SA and ask him/her to lookup your VIN in their internal system. It will have a line that says either Global(matrix) or Premium (non-matrix). It does not actually say “matrix” just global or premium.

What are he first three numbers of your VIN after the PF?

Reactions: uicandrew
I just got Matrix head light confirmation from SA for 686 after PF. I still need wait till I pick up. Hopefully not an another horrible experience
Thanks for the update. That is probably the highest VIN# I've seen confirm matrix which is good news. Hopefully the rumor of them going back to non-matrix wasn't true. Good luck with the 2nd go around.🤞

Reactions: jr_gn and WyoDude
Just took delivery of a long range model Y. I noticed the shadow on the left side.. looks like a box of close. From a distance sort of a wavy shadow.. very annoying. anyone else having these problems
If there’s a “dip” roughly where it lines up with oncoming cars, that’s normal.

It’s unrelated to being Matrix or not, as my (now traded in) 2019 Honda HR-V Touring had LEDs and had that dip there too (non-Touring had different headlights).