Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matrix Headlights on LR Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to my SC agent . I did get Matrix, newer door panels. No USS. No cargo cover.
I going to say I got the comfort suspension and the newer camera (since it does not come with USS).

Will confirm once I pick up the Y.
You will certainly have the new suspension. Cameras?? There have been cars delivered with old cameras and no sensors.
I don't think the new cameras have anything to do with getting parking working with Vision. People are just speculating and the proof is in the fact that Tesla is shipping cars with old cameras and no sensors.

Reactions: Senpai
matrix headlights are only good if they can shape the beam to allow as much of the road to be illuminated as possible without dazzling other road users. tesla doesn't have this capability even if they are installed. Thankfully it can spell TESLA with the headlights during the lightshow. This, obviously, is far more important.
Would be better if we drive around spotlighting TESLA< lmao

Reactions: grayson_t3y
PA026XXX. I'm based in NYC but I only got the parcel shelf and the rear containers on the sides of the passenger door.
Ah, gotcha. At least you got the parcel shelf. And afaik, Austin builds never had Matrix on any LR vehicles. It was only a temporary change in the Fremont factory, which no longer seems to be doing now anyway.

Hope you’re happy with your vehicle otherwise. 👍

Wow, really? Did not see anyone else with that high of a VIN with Matrix headlights. Congratulations man!

VIN: PF594
Year: 2023
Matrix: Yes
USS: No
Parcel Shelf: Yes
Comfort Suspension: Yes

Does that seem accurate for your vehicle?
Parcel Shelf: No
Comfort Suspension: Maybe? So far I like the ride but haven't figured out how to confirm if it has new suspension.

(haven't seen anyone note a 7 seater with the cargo cover yet? Ordered a retractable one on Amazon that I think I like better than the hard Tesla one I've seen on the forum, so not too bummed about that though (easier to store out of the way when using the 3rd row seats), other than the initial disgust that for a car this expensive, I still had to pay extra for a cargo cover, mobile connector, and need to order parts for USB data in center console.)

Parcel Shelf: No
Comfort Suspension: Maybe? So far I like the ride but haven't figured out how to confirm if it has new suspension.

(haven't seen anyone note a 7 seater with the cargo cover yet? Ordered a retractable one on Amazon that I think I like better than the hard Tesla one I've seen on the forum, so not too bummed about that though (easier to store out of the way when using the 3rd row seats), other than the initial disgust that for a car this expensive, I still had to pay extra for a cargo cover, mobile connector, and need to order parts for USB data in center console.)
Gotcha! Didn't realize yours is a 7-seater. Sounds like you got a really good combo of features. Congrats on the new car.

Was just notified that my VIN 602… is ready for pickup. It took quite a bit of effort but Tesla confirmed that it does not have matrix headlights. Although prior Tesla people told me it most likely did have matrix. There is a substantial difference between matrix and regular. Go to iihs.org and you will see that regular headlights are only rated marginal. Performance version matrix gets a good. As does our model 3 lights. I live in Colorado and frequently drive in headlight challenged situations. Snow and rain storms. Dark unlit roads. Regular headlights are unacceptable to me. I am going to decline the purchase. A $65k car with marginal headlights is ridiculous IMO.

• Informative
Reactions: ord3r
Was just notified that my VIN 602… is ready for pickup. It took quite a bit of effort but Tesla confirmed that it does not have matrix headlights. Although prior Tesla people told me it most likely did have matrix. There is a substantial difference between matrix and regular. Go to iihs.org and you will see that regular headlights are only rated marginal. Performance version matrix gets a good. As does our model 3 lights. I live in Colorado and frequently drive in headlight challenged situations. Snow and rain storms. Dark unlit roads. Regular headlights are unacceptable to me. I am going to decline the purchase. A $65k car with marginal headlights is ridiculous IMO.

the IIHS review states "acceptable" for MYLR headlights vs "good" for MYP headlights.
reading the text, both provided good results on curves and the matrix only improved on glare ratings.
it's your call but I don't think headlights are reason enough

• Informative
Reactions: ord3r and randmness
What was the final confirmation that you did not have matrix? I was told by my SA that I would know when my vin is available … was it a certain sequence in the VIn?

So are you ordering a MYP instead? Only a sprinkling of new MYLRs are still getting Matrix. Few and far between. Only for the ~2month time period Aug-Oct did Tesla temporarily switch to Matrix on the MYLR.

Now maybe Tesla is going to permanently switch at some point but by mid-Oct most MYLR were not matrix.
If you reject your VIN you get one more chance...good luck winning the Matrix lottery!!

What was the final confirmation that you did not have matrix? I was told by my SA that I would know when my vin is available … was it a certain sequence in the VIn?
VIN did not give the detail. Needed to be notified of delivery by text from advisor requesting pickup and I responded to that text. Was told all model y long range have regular headlights as did mine.

So are you ordering a MYP instead? Only a sprinkling of new MYLRs are still getting Matrix. Few and far between. Only for the ~2month time period Aug-Oct did Tesla temporarily switch to Matrix on the MYLR.

Now maybe Tesla is going to permanently switch at some point but by mid-Oct most MYLR were not matrix.
If you reject your VIN you get one more chance...good luck winning the Matrix lottery!!
I will wait till it is a sure thing even if more than a year. Or look into other EVS. In the meantime wil buy my Subaru outback at lease end.