Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matrix Headlights on LR Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Matrix and non-matrix do have significant difference especially Matrix are road friendly to other drivers.

lr.png

Non-Matrix

pf.png

Matrix

Reactions: CSGeekme
Any recent Fremont deliveries with Matrix?
‘23 MYLR Pearl White/Black/5/20”/Tow
PF597xxxx built 11/04/22 delivered 11/19 at Mt. Kisco NY.
  • No USS
  • Has comfort suspension
  • Has matrix headlights
  • Has cargo shelf
  • Has wood door trim
  • Has Li-ion 15.5v low voltage battery
  • Has new camera housing, but not sure if 5MP
Pretty good upgrades from my ‘21 MYLR (other than losing USS). Really wish they figured out Parking Assist using Vision BEFORE they removed the sensors.

Another good thing is that the light bleed from the blinkers are gone from the repeater camera images when signaling a turn.

Last edited:
  • No USS
  • Has comfort suspension
  • Has matrix headlights
  • Has cargo shelf
  • Has wood door trim
Pretty good upgrades from my ‘21 MYLR (other than losing USS). Really wish they figured out Parking Assist using Vision BEFORE they removed the sensors.

Another good thing is that the light bleed from the blinkers are gone from the repeater camera images when signaling a turn.
Can you post some pics of the new camera housing?

Reactions: Happy Hippo
I got my vin yesterday for my model Y LR. I did not get matrix headlights.

I ended up rejecting the VIN and changing my order to model Y premium. The matrix lights are super important to me and I knew I was going to get the acceleration boost for the LR.

Now I get the better brakes, spoiler, etc.

I didn’t want the 21” wheels but eh, I gambled and lost.

Reactions: arbitrage000

I ended up rejecting the VIN and changing my order to model Y premium. The matrix lights are super important to me and I knew I was going to get the acceleration boost for the LR.

You didn't, you are getting what you want!

Reactions: uicandrew

If you want the better headlights the MYP is the way to get them and honestly a pretty good value if you look at everything you get.

My issue with MYP is the ride is too firm for my tastes, the rubber for the performance rims is limited in selection, and insurance is more expensive.

My car did not come with the matrix projector lights and that's fine, I didn't buy them was just a bit sore seeing so many November built Fremont cars showing up with them.

If you want the better headlights the MYP is the way to get them and honestly a pretty good value if you look at everything you get.

My issue with MYP is the ride is too firm for my tastes, the rubber for the performance rims is limited in selection, and insurance is more expensive.

My car did not come with the matrix projector lights and that's fine, I didn't buy them was just a bit sore seeing so many November built Fremont cars showing up with them.

I’m the guy who rejected a model y 45 days ago when it didn’t have matrix headlights on arrival and ended up keeping my Subaru. Mentioned this to a tesla store manager and he put me in his system. Got a call 2 weeks ago that he confirmed a model y coming from Fremont vin 615xxx with matrix headlights and comfort suspension and $3750 off. Also spoke with delivery center that says that all model lr are now coming with matrix headlights. Picking mine up tomorrow and discount is now $7,000 plus 10,000 free supercharger miles. Will advise if matrix is not on the car.

I’m the guy who rejected a model y 45 days ago when it didn’t have matrix headlights on arrival and ended up keeping my Subaru. Mentioned this to a tesla store manager and he put me in his system. Got a call 2 weeks ago that he confirmed a model y coming from Fremont vin 615xxx with matrix headlights and comfort suspension and $3750 off. Also spoke with delivery center that says that all model lr are now coming with matrix headlights. Picking mine up tomorrow and discount is now $7,000 plus 10,000 free supercharger miles. Will advise if matrix is not on the car.
Got mine today MY LR 7 seats with matrix. VIN P624

Well I got a vin and asked the advisor today based on the vin and they said it did NOT have matrix headlights. that sucks! I am picking up next week vin PF616xxx. The advisor told me the opposite that the LR no longer coming with matrix, and if they do, it is rare.

Well I got a vin and asked the advisor today based on the vin and they said it did NOT have matrix headlights. that sucks! I am picking up next week vin PF616xxx. The advisor told me the opposite that the LR no longer coming with matrix, and if they do, it is rare.
What your SA says is not true. When I pickup my MYLR at SC, I saw all of MY have matrix.

I just picked up a Y this week, how can I tell if it’s comfort suspension and the newer battery/camera? No uss
I have the wood trim, cargo shelf and matrix headlights.
  • No USS
  • Has comfort suspension
  • Has matrix headlights
  • Has cargo shelf
  • Has wood door trim

I just picked up a Y this week, how can I tell if it’s comfort suspension and the newer battery/camera? No uss
I have the wood trim, cargo shelf and matrix headlights.
I asked my SA about the comfort suspension and he confirmed based on my VIN. He said all Fremont MYs built after October 7 and all Austin MYs built after August 29 have the new suspension. To see if you have a Li-ion or lead acid battery, navigate to Controls > Software > Additional Vehicle Information.
All the new MYs have a new camera housing, but for now it seems as if there’s no way to tell if there are new cameras (possibly 5MP) yet. My VIN is PF597…

Last edited:
I asked my SA about the comfort suspension and he confirmed based on my VIN. He said all Fremont MYs built after October 7 and all Austin MYs built after August 29 have the new suspension. To see if you have a Li-ion or lead acid battery, navigate to Controls > Software > Additional Vehicle Information.
All the new MYs have a new camera housing, but for now it seems as if there’s no way to tell if there are new cameras (possibly 5MP) yet. My VIN is PF597…
my vin is PF616 and no matrix lights. I guess I will be surprised if I have the new camera housings..