Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 - Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in Canada with MCU 1, what is your download speed? I visited the fast.net speed testing site and get 1-2 MB/s. Is this normal? I hope we can upgrade the mirror/antenna to get faster speeds...but perhaps this is limited by the MCU itself.

Fast.com never gives me more than 2ish Mb/s. I think it sees what type connection you have and shapes itself accordingly just like it does for video delivery. I usually use dslreports.com in the car. Only the new MCU can load the Speedtest correctly but they have a “simple” test that executes on the MCU1.

• Informative
Reactions: vraev
Anyone in Canada with MCU 1, what is your download speed? I visited the fast.net speed testing site and get 1-2 MB/s. Is this normal? I hope we can upgrade the mirror/antenna to get faster speeds...but perhaps this is limited by the MCU itself.
Yes, same here. Tesla uses AT&T for mobile data and is in roaming in Canada, I think that is your restriction rather then hardware...

We shall see. Here I listen mostly to Slacker, but what they provide with the car is the Plus version - not the Premium version - so no commercials but also no ability to repeat tracks or to build playlists (unless one upgrades). Lately, which is to say for a few months now, I get more loading errors than successful podcast delivery from Tunein - pretty much useless, yeah.
One can purchase their own slacker account and login with their own credentials in the car. I never tried it though.

Also, regarding the Bluetooth in the mirror and upgrades. The model 3 also has a Bluetooth module in the very back.

One can purchase their own slacker account and login with their own credentials in the car. I never tried it though.

Also, regarding the Bluetooth in the mirror and upgrades. The model 3 also has a Bluetooth module in the very back.
I have a premium slacker account and it made no difference in the car in terms of music on demand. Seems like I can play a particular song whenever I want but cannot repeat the song on demand for 24 hours it seems like. On my computer I can play however many times I like on demand.

There is a thread somewhere about this and what he’s saying sounds like what I remember reading. You can make playlists on another device and they show up on your car and you can play songs repeatedly that way, but for some reason you still have a 24 hr lock if you search for and play a song...

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
Can anyone confirm whether there were any updates made for the Audio components / wiring on the MCU2?
If someone can get their hands on the new MCU2 wiring diagram, that would be much appreciated.

On another note, I read that it may be possible to buy access time to wiring diagrams and such through Tesla at $100 a day? Does anyone know if it would have the updated MCU2 info? I may just pay for access, but wouldn’t want to pay then realize that it was all for nothing

Thank you!

Can anyone confirm whether there were any updates made for the Audio components / wiring on the MCU2?

Could be only software, but the equalizer on MCU2's is a little bit different. For example, the dolby checkbox is gone and has been replaced with 3 buttons for 'Immerse sound'. I didn't notice the sound being any different regardless of that setting.

But anyway, since the interface has changed somewhat (different options), chances are some hardware is different as well