Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 1yr free SC for deliveries through 6/30? Details inside.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where do you check it on the website I can’t seem to find it on the website.

Login to Tesla website -> Manage -> Detail (upper left corner right underr you vin) -> the last line read "Free Supercharging..."

upload_2020-7-3_23-35-7.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
i ordered on 6/16 and picked up on 6/26. Look at your tesla account. Click manage, then look at the" details" of your vehicle. That's where i see the free charging.

I keep looking and nope, pay per use still. Im kind of upset as I kept telling my SA that I'm in contact with you all, who ordered around when I did (I ordered 6/16 and picked up 6/30) and you all got the perk. He is HELL BEND that he is right and that I am not qualified.

Who is the one who enables this for us? Is there a service number I can call other than this guy who obviously know crap?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 68
I keep looking and nope, pay per use still. Im kind of upset as I kept telling my SA that I'm in contact with you all, who ordered around when I did (I ordered 6/16 and picked up 6/30) and you all got the perk. He is HELL BEND that he is right and that I am not qualified.

Who is the one who enables this for us? Is there a service number I can call other than this guy who obviously know crap?

I ordered in May and picked up after June 19 (official cut off date as I know) and got 1yr free SC. My SA submitted a request when I asked, and then applied on my account after approval. So your SA has the ability to start the process, if he/she wants to. It's kinda YMMV. Was free sc mentioned in your delivery text? If so, you should totally fight for it. May be talk to SA's manager.

I ordered in May and picked up after June 19 (official cut off date as I know) and got 1yr free SC. My SA submitted a request when I asked, and then applied on my account after approval. So your SA has the ability to start the process, if he/she wants to. It's kinda YMMV. Was free sc mentioned in your delivery text? If so, you should totally fight for it. May be talk to SA's manager.

I never even got a delivery text. My situation was odd as they slated me with a car out of cali, and Im in RI. My delivery was set for 6/29 but the car didnt leave cali in time, so they pushed me to a car in Brooklyn. My vin changed, 6/30 was set, I went to the Warwick, RI lot, I checked the car out, and its flawless. Super happy, but in the end, I never got a text saying anything about delivery.

My SA told me that the year free SC was for cars ordered AFTER 6/19. not up until. Is this where he is mistaken? I just emailed to inquiry. We shall see.

Last edited:
they told me that the year of free supercharging doesn't count until after you've had the car for a week. you can still give the car back for a full refund for a week.

I took delivery on Sunday, 2020-06-28 (ordered 2020-06-16). so yesterday, 2020-07-03, I grabbed about 170 miles of supercharging, figuring this was my only chance to grab the free 1,000 miles from the referral (expires in december), since the free unlimited supercharging will be good until 2020-07-01.

I ordered in May and picked up after June 19 (official cut off date as I know) and got 1yr free SC. My SA submitted a request when I asked, and then applied on my account after approval. So your SA has the ability to start the process, if he/she wants to. It's kinda YMMV. Was free sc mentioned in your delivery text? If so, you should totally fight for it. May be talk to SA's manager.[/QUOT
they told me that the year of free supercharging doesn't count until after you've had the car for a week. you can still give the car back for a full refund for a week.

I took delivery on Sunday, 2020-06-28 (ordered 2020-06-16). so yesterday, 2020-07-03, I grabbed about 170 miles of supercharging, figuring this was my only chance to grab the free 1,000 miles from the referral (expires in december), since the free unlimited supercharging will be good until 2020-07-01.

Wonder if the system just knows to add the perk to our loot boxes after a week, or do we need our SAs to add it. Hope the SA doesnt. He wanted nothing to do with my questioning of his knowledge on it. Guess Ill find out Tuesday or Wednesday!

Wonder if the system just knows to add the perk to our loot boxes after a week, or do we need our SAs to add it. Hope the SA doesnt. He wanted nothing to do with my questioning of his knowledge on it. Guess Ill find out Tuesday or Wednesday!
I don't believe the system will automatically add this to your account. The SA has to initiate the activity by submitting the request. I'd talk to the SA's manager as suggested if nothing changes for you this week.

FWIW I took delivery of my vehicle on 6/24 and was charged for my first SC visit a few days after. I just went to charge it earlier today, 7/5, and was not charged.

My loot box doesn't reflect the free year, but the website matches the other screen shots in this thread. I used the supercharger yesterday and was not charged.

Update from my SA....

"Thank you for the response. I just spoke with my manager and unfortunately we’re not able to apply the free year supercharging to your account. The deal was for any new order placed after the 19th of June and took delivery by the end of the month were eligible for a full year free of supercharging. Not sure how your someone who placed an order in May took delivery at the end of June was able to get the perk. You missed the perk by placing the order 3 days prior which isn’t your fault at all. Hope you had an amazing 4th of July weekend!"

Well damn.... LOL. No need to beat this dead horse any longer I guess.

BUT.... I did stop at a SC for 30 min today and didnt have any of my referral miles taken from my loot box, and my account does still say pay per charge... so Im thoroughly confused now!

Update from my SA....

"Thank you for the response. I just spoke with my manager and unfortunately we’re not able to apply the free year supercharging to your account. The deal was for any new order placed after the 19th of June and took delivery by the end of the month were eligible for a full year free of supercharging. Not sure how your someone who placed an order in May took delivery at the end of June was able to get the perk. You missed the perk by placing the order 3 days prior which isn’t your fault at all. Hope you had an amazing 4th of July weekend!"

Well damn.... LOL. No need to beat this dead horse any longer I guess.

BUT.... I did stop at a SC for 30 min today and didnt have any of my referral miles taken from my loot box, and my account does still say pay per charge... so Im thoroughly confused now!

I have a feeling that technically they are correct, but the perk could be applied to other vehicles sold outside of those parameters to a certain extent. Whether it's by mistake, whereby the SA are applying the perk to vehicles that technically aren't eligible, or just SA trying for it as a favor and it ends up working.

I have a feeling that technically they are correct, but the perk could be applied to other vehicles sold outside of those parameters to a certain extent. Whether it's by mistake, whereby the SA are applying the perk to vehicles that technically aren't eligible, or just SA trying for it as a favor and it ends up working.

Obviously Tesla can and does do whatever they want. But I do agree I don’t think this was handled in an ideal way. Typically you n these kind of scenarios many companies either voluntarily apply the offer to people in close proximity; or at least when prompted from a buyer as good will.

Obviously Tesla can and does do whatever they want. But I do agree I don’t think this was handled in an ideal way. Typically you n these kind of scenarios many companies either voluntarily apply the offer to people in close proximity; or at least when prompted from a buyer as good will.

Yeah I agree. Did you try to stop at a different store and maybe just mention that your friend or someone bought a Tesla at the same time as you, and received free supercharge, and you would like to check if it's possible that you can get the same deal? I would just play dumb and see what happens.

Yeah I agree. Did you try to stop at a different store and maybe just mention that your friend or someone bought a Tesla at the same time as you, and received free supercharge, and you would like to check if it's possible that you can get the same deal? I would just play dumb and see what happens.

I’m pretty over it at the moment. I’ve already spent so much time with my service advisor and Tesla corporate.

Besides the fact I’m work from home for likely the rest of system and also have a few thousand miles of free SuperCharging that expires in 12 months as well.

If at all I’m unlikely to use a “whole” lot of the free SuperCharging. But money is money; but it’s more about principles. Tesla makes a lot of compromises and shortcuts. Adding one more to the list is frustrating.

I called a few Tesla spots to inquire and got the "check with "so-and-so" your SA", BUT one did state that if he was my SA, hypothetically, he would have handled it differently.

Too much time and energy spent on it for me as well over here. Also, I used a SC yesterday and no miles left of referral so.... IDK.... maybe I do have it and its just not showing? In any case, onto getting this machine tinted.

Soooo, a little patience, and checking now and then... this popped up!

Free SC for a year! Turns out my SA didn’t know what the real deal was.

Odd how mines worded seeing the other screen shots though!

Attachments

• E067EF41-B9F3-40B3-B457-984E721CA38C.jpeg
    E067EF41-B9F3-40B3-B457-984E721CA38C.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 44