Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You all are right! It did move up a quarter! Mine at 8AM this morning said Sept-Nov -18 (for AWD). I just checked it at 9:15PM and it says July - Sept. 18. The 1st 2 options are unchanged.
Reserved in store 3/31 in Denver, non-owner. Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 9.16.02 PM.png

Non-owner, first line-waiter in Kansas City, MO. This is what my estimate looks like after the recent update. I'm cautiously optimistic that Tesla may have been overly conservative, and that after initial feedback on this survey they are getting more confident in the estimate and actually believe that the updated estimate is more accurate, and not just bumping AWD up because that's what I want them to tell me. July-September still misses the full tax credit, but I've made peace with that after seeing September-November on Friday.
DeliveryEstimate-2017-07-30.png

Sorry, that's where I saw it too. I meant why is financing more for the 3 than the S?
I'd imagine that companies tend to provide better financing rates for the models they want to sell more of. BMW definitely does this. Tesla is also not talking Model 3 leases for some reason, although this should be a very popular option for buyers due to the changing tech. The lease info will provide their residual estimate which would be interesting info.

Hi, everybody. Calculations have been updated. Currently, the smaller battery doesn't affect calculations but it should. I will work on that later. Also, premium upgrades package is not part of the calculations yet.

I just noticed one item on the calculations that might skew the actual/correct date for some regions. So for me (seattle), it's saying I'm ~100k of 440k, or 22% in the line. (3/31 22:00)

Then it takes the reservations for this region (~5k), and times the 22%, making me about 1300 spot (for non-owners, non-employees). Add owners and employees before me, I get estimate for mid-Dec. Great.

So it makes assumption that the global 22% matches the regional reservation times too. But many regions don't have Tesla showrooms, at least as plenty, so people might order more online. Most people I know locally, went in-line to order while I was unfortunately busy that day so I had to wait until home and order online. So my assumption is that for first day reservations I'm one of the last ones for the region, definitely not in the 22% spot. I'd love to be that early, but I just think it's optimistic. The global reservation rate is probably different than west coast, since people can actually go fairly easy to local showrooms.

This is somewhat interesting. TX, CO, MO has priority over West Coast non-owners and East Coast owners.

View attachment 238880
Is the current incarnation of the chart including all of the data in this thread? Because Tesla updated their calculations and pushed AWD forward by 2-3 months over the weekend. So the date that the data was taken from the Tesla site matters. That's why I included the date on my second screenshot.

Reactions: Troy