Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just for info, the Plaid turns extremely well and is in fact considerably faster than a Model 3 P even on tight AutoX.

View attachment 1051101

With my previous M3 with full coilvers, MPP suspensions, and 200TW I was 1.5s behind the GT3 in raw. With the Plaid we are trading blows and my Plaid is nearly stock, and it's on VERY tight AutoX courses. On more open courses the Plaid would destroy the GT3's..
Of course it turns well. I should have been more specific. What I meant to say is pleasure in going down a twisty road. My C7Z07 with Z07 package turned out far higher Gs than my little JCW mini did, but the Mini was so much more rewarding.

Some great stuff coming from new owners regarding the wheels. Unfortunately to remove the long aero covers you need to remove the wheels as they are held on by wire clips at the back but no holes. Definitely a better look IMO.
AFAD1A9F-3AED-43D6-B7F3-1D468E3B4593.png
7910E99F-CDBC-4F18-8C18-C5116B5816E1.png
IMG_9437.PNG

Last edited:
Take the factory readout of acceleration forces with a MASSIVE grain of salt. Those are about 50% optimistic if not more.

Not this much. It shows 1.2G acceleratuing and braking which is normal for a Plaid on good tires.

In corners the sustained G's are 1.2G. The peaks at 1.6G are really short and not "real" load, just sustained for a few tenth during a quick change of direction

Of course it turns well. I should have been more specific. What I meant to say is pleasure in going down a twisty road. My C7Z07 with Z07 package turned out far higher Gs than my little JCW mini did, but the Mini was so much more rewarding.
Your Z was probably an auto and stock suspension. Because I drove the top hot hatches from Europe/JP (Renault Megane 3 RS 275 CUP, Type R, 147 GTA etc ) for several years and were miles better than a Mini and a M7 Z is miles ahead in all departments including fun.

Last edited:
Your Z was probably an auto and stock suspension. Because I drove the top hot hatches from Europe/JP (Renault Megane 3 RS 275 CUP, Type R, 147 GTA etc ) for several years and were miles better than a Mini and a M7 Z is miles ahead in all departments including fun.
No. M7 and not a stock suspension. I think we're not going to come to an agreement here and that's ok.

Reactions: SK360
One thing is for sure, they look A LOT lighter than the Überturbines! my current flow formed wheels weigh 10kg each and the Turbines weigh close to 15 kg each.
Are the new wheels really that much lighter?

Yes, the front ones weighing about 50-51 lbs is better than the 55.6 lbs I saw for my Uberturbines. However, those wider back wheels weigh about 54 lbs with the Aero inserts in. That is basically the same as the Uberturbines.

I have some inexpensive 18" and 20" wheels that weigh 46.8 lbs with wheels tires and TPMS sensors. I actually think they will make even the new car quicker. At one point I had very light weight tires on the 18" wheels and everything weighed just over 44 lbs. That would have been great to try on the new car but I sold those tires for a more efficient and reliable setup.