Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe a silly question for Florida owners. I’m trading in an old Model 3 for a new one and transferring the plate over. Will Tesla take care of all that when I go to pick up the new car or will I still need to take it to the DMV to register it and whatnot?
They should take care of it, albeit very slowly.

I picked up my New Dual Motor Long Range Model 3 on Friday afternoon. I had a question about the FSD Transfer that was part of the trade in agreement. The sales person could not answer my question. When I looked at the software version before I left the dealer it was FSD.

Saturday morning an email from Tesla tells me I get a free month FSD that expires on July 1, 2024. So what happened to the FSD Transfer?

I sent out some text messages asking for guidance on the FSD Transfer to the Service phone number in Tucson and the number that texted me prior to delivery. I also made a service appointment.

Have any of you folks in Tucson talked to a human on the phone at the Oracle Rd location?

Attachments

• IMG_3952.jpeg
    IMG_3952.jpeg
    538.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I picked up my New Dual Motor Long Range Model 3 on Friday afternoon. I had a question about the FSD Transfer that was part of the trade in agreement. The sales person could not answer my question. When I looked at the software version before I left the dealer it was FSD.

Saturday morning an email from Tesla tells me I get a free month FSD that expires on July 1, 2024. So what happened to the FSD Transfer?

I sent out some text messages asking for guidance on the FSD Transfer to the Service phone number in Tucson and the number that texted me prior to delivery. I also made a service appointment.

Have any of you folks in Tucson talked to a human on the phone at the Oracle Rd location?
What does the in car software detail say, when you go into details?

The email could easily just be standard MarComm after purchase.

FSD transfer required taking delivery between February 4 and March 31, 2024.

They just pushed me back to
July 20 - August 24
Unacceptable at this point when I’m finding them all over the country being delivered and demo in states around me but because it’s 200 miles away I can’t even figure out how I can purchase it
and I asked Tesla how I can do this
and no response.
Never once have I had an anxiety attack in my life and I feel like I’m having one
So pissed off right now

Reactions: evfangirl
They just pushed me back to
July 20 - August 24
Unacceptable at this point when I’m finding them all over the country being delivered and demo in states around me but because it’s 200 miles away I can’t even figure out how I can purchase it
and I asked Tesla how I can do this
and no response.
Never once have I had an anxiety attack in my life and I feel like I’m having one
So pissed off right now
TBH I had a feeling this would happen with the Performances. You originally ordered a LR and then switched to Perf when the price was basically the same as the LR after the credit right? Any thoughts on going back to LR since that also qualifies now and will be cheaper? Once I switched from SR to LR I got a vin 5 minutes later and took delivery 2 days later. Seems like that's the case for most people who've switched. I'm also in Chicago like you so I bet you'd get your car asap. I know you've probably gotten yourself hyped over the performance now but the LR is still an incredible car in all aspects.

So I finally take delivery tomorrow. I figure I should reset my old Model 3 that I’m trading in to factory settings. But I’ve never done that before. Thing is I don’t have the original keycards. But I have 2 new ones that I bought and paired with the car. What I’m wondering is once I reset the car to factory settings will it also reset the keycard access making my new keycards no longer work?

So I finally take delivery tomorrow. I figure I should reset my old Model 3 that I’m trading in to factory settings. But I’ve never done that before. Thing is I don’t have the original keycards. But I have 2 new ones that I bought and paired with the car. What I’m wondering is once I reset the car to factory settings will it also reset the keycard access making my new keycards no longer work?
How about resetting it at the service center. That way a technician can help you with your cards. When I picked mine up someone had a key fob they wanted paired with the new car and the technician took care of that. I have no idea what they did but they walked away with the other customer saying that was easy to do.

Don't bother resetting the car. Tesla already has all the data they want from you using it. They will reset it before selling it.

Hello all, has anyone charged their LR model 3 all the way to 100% to see what the range is? Mine only has 332 miles, which is lower than the 341 miles it shows on the site.

My previous model 3 was a RWD with LFP battery and at 100% it showed 273 miles, 1 mile more than what Tesla showed.

I picked up the car on May 4th, which means it likely has the LG battery. Wonder if that means anything..

Hello all, has anyone charged their LR model 3 all the way to 100% to see what the range is? Mine only has 332 miles, which is lower than the 341 miles it shows on the site.

My previous model 3 was a RWD with LFP battery and at 100% it showed 273 miles, 1 mile more than what Tesla showed.

I picked up the car on May 4th, which means it likely has the LG battery. Wonder if that means anything..
I really don't have an answer

Luke.

But there is a presence .... I sense the force is strong. Use the force Luke ... use the force.

May the 4th be with you.

Reactions: JATG
Hi guys, how’s everybody doing?
So they pushed me out till the end of Augustthe other day … So I figured I had to do something. I searched and searched for any demo vehicle that I Could possibly score a vin# on And like I’ve posted recently found one, but they would not sell it to me only lease it….
So I look in my area one last time before bed And still nothing…. Woke up in the middle of the night all sporadic like out of a nightmare yet wasn’t dreaming
And of course, like most days and nights grab my phone instantly and check inventory to find if one was available well guess what another blue one showed up that wasn’t there literally hours ago…. what do you know it’s a blue performance with white interior 40 minutes away from me and the best part said available for immediate pick up…. Are you kidding me I couldn’t go back to sleep…
But I requested a callback which by the way, I’ve had three cars with a callback request and nothing….
But not this time I got a call a few hours later in the morning
From Tesla telling me they can switch my order to this car. I asked well. When would I get my van said check your app now and behold a Vin number was showing with my new Blue performance now The best part is I was told the car isn’t a demo it’s brand new and because of my January 10 order she told me she was giving me $1000 off the blue paint
And I got an appointment tomorrow to pick it up… I am crazy excited…

We all been waiting so long to receive our car and I just want to thank everybody lately that has gotten me through this process It’s been a long bumpy road so now it’s time to put on auto pilot and take a nap..lol
,,you guys know who you are all my (thumbs up) peeps
I truly appreciate it
Thank you

🥳CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!

I’ve never been so excited and happy to lose $7500 but at this point I don’t even care
I hope it’s going to be so worth it😬🤞

Hi guys, how’s everybody doing?
So they pushed me out till the end of Augustthe other day … So I figured I had to do something. I searched and searched for any demo vehicle that I Could possibly score a vin# on And like I’ve posted recently found one, but they would not sell it to me only lease it….
So I look in my area one last time before bed And still nothing…. Woke up in the middle of the night all sporadic like out of a nightmare yet wasn’t dreaming
And of course, like most days and nights grab my phone instantly and check inventory to find if one was available well guess what another blue one showed up that wasn’t there literally hours ago…. what do you know it’s a blue performance with white interior 40 minutes away from me and the best part said available for immediate pick up…. Are you kidding me I couldn’t go back to sleep…
But I requested a callback which by the way, I’ve had three cars with a callback request and nothing….
But not this time I got a call a few hours later in the morning
From Tesla telling me they can switch my order to this car. I asked well. When would I get my van said check your app now and behold a Vin number was showing with my new Blue performance now The best part is I was told the car isn’t a demo it’s brand new and because of my January 10 order she told me she was giving me $1000 off the blue paint
And I got an appointment tomorrow to pick it up… I am crazy excited…

We all been waiting so long to receive our car and I just want to thank everybody lately that has gotten me through this process It’s been a long bumpy road so now it’s time to put on auto pilot and take a nap..lol
,,you guys know who you are all my (thumbs up) peeps
I truly appreciate it
Thank you

🥳CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!

I’ve never been so excited and happy to lose $7500 but at this point I don’t even care
I hope it’s going to be so worth it😬🤞
I’m so happy for you. Been waiting for this for a long time. You are going to love love love that car. Congrats!!!!!