Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just received this a second ago. A text that says we don't know. 😂

Attachments

• order.jpg
    order.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Funny
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Sold my 2019 SR+ for $25k this week; $5k more than Carvana's offer (which had the highest offer). The cheapest total cost of ownership car I've ever owned, by a long-shot. Paid $34k for it (net) in 2019. The IRA used EV tax credit definitely helped. The buyer is getting a screaming deal ($4k tax credit + $5k state rebate). All of it will get rolled into the new M3P :D

Sold my 2019 SR+ for $25k this week; $5k more than Carvana's offer (which had the highest offer). The cheapest total cost of ownership car I've ever owned, by a long-shot. Paid $34k for it (net) in 2019. The IRA used EV tax credit definitely helped. The buyer is getting a screaming deal ($4k tax credit + $5k state rebate). All of it will get rolled into the new M3P :D
Nice! Handing my 23MYP down to wifey!😂

Order: RN1216*
Order Date: 5/3
Color: Black ext. / Black int.
Estimated Delivery: June 2024

I agonized about this order for a week because I couldn't test drive the new M3P, but drove up to a nearby Tesla showroom here in the Bay Area that had it. Then I went home and ordered. I think

I loved the old M3P when I test drove in 2021, but ultimately went with a non-tesla EV at that time. Sold that one this weekend, and now awaiting my new Highland-based M3P.

I'm only about 30 minutes north of Fremont, so my local service center in my town of Dublin thinks I'll get it in June when they start rolling them out of Fremont. They said no deliveries will happen from their location earlier than June, but the Los Angeles service centers may get them a week or two earlier.

• Informative
Reactions: jiren and mpgxsvcd
Thanks for the information. I was wondering if Fremont has stated producing them yet for deliveries, but your info from the SC in your town makes sense on why EDD went from may-june to june and further out.
Yeah, I'm not sure why the SoCal folks are getting shipments faster than folks in NorCal. Perhaps a big batch of the M3P were pre-allocated for SoCal due to so many enthusiasts being down there. I'm sure they sell very quickly around Los Angeles / San Diego. The Bay Area is more of a tech town where most people are happy to plod along in their SR Model Ys.

maybe instead of estimated delivery date. it should be estimated vin delivery. then after you get your vin you get an edd

but nevermind me. i’m just here rambling off stuff as i wait.
I was pondering this too. The initial dates are clearly some automated estimates based on who-knows-what calculations. They should change it to estimated time until an assigned VIN.

Reactions: jiren
View attachment 1045468
Can someone explain the order numbers to me? I’m RN1215, ordered few hours after announcement for Grey/Black, but have a EDD of 7/6 - 8/17.

Not quite sure why I have such a late EDD
From what I've seen, midwest areas are getting later EDDs (July to Aug) even if ordered close to release date/time. I'm sure this is not for all but its from what EDDs I've seen from the midwest.

View attachment 1045468
Can someone explain the order numbers to me? I’m RN1215, ordered few hours after announcement for Grey/Black, but have a EDD of 7/6 - 8/17.

Perhaps what we are seeing is a delay for the black interior then? I am in SoCal, I ordered late day on 4/25 and have a 5/24 to 6/28 EDD and i also have Stealth Grey but i have a white interior

Reactions: bdudney665
View attachment 1045468

Seems like 1215 is the model so M3P, and then the number following that I’m guessing are number in line. Seems like early adopters are 33 after that. I’m in NM though and mine is 99. So I think it is location based 🤷‍♂️ just speculating though. Nothing is concrete without a VIN. Hell you might even get a sooner date if anyone in line doesn’t go through with the order. Seems like gray and white interior are pretty popular since it’s the only variation with white interior that qualifies for tax credit. So guessing there are just tons of factors.

depending on your state, you'd even out on taxes. but honestly carvana is probably your best bet, Tesla likes to low ball you, and then low ball you even further once your in person.
When I bought my Model 3 last summer, Tesla's trade-offer beat out Carvana, Vroom, and Carmax, for me. Handily.

-Definitely- at least take the few minutes to get a quote at least. Perhaps Tesla -will- be the worst for your particular trade, but a few minutes -might- help avoid leaving $ on the table, and all you have to lose is a few minutes of your time. :)