Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Past 7am in the west coast and no VIN for me here in the SF Bay Area. My EDD window starts tomorrow. Anyone get a VIN today? Seems more and more like the end of quarter will be a bust.

I only have 3 available days to pick up before end of q2. I imagine others will have similar issues between now and 7/4 since it’s a big vacation week.
You ordered back in early May? Hope you get your VIN soon. My EDD window starts Monday and no VIN either but Im not expecting one, I ordered 6/8. I'm fully expecting it in August. Its extra hard for us to watch because Fremont is minutes away from us hehe.

Reactions: hkarthik
VIN, baby!
My EDD had been June 29 - June 30 for a while. This morning changed to June 20 - June 30. A few minutes later got the message I have a VIN.
Ordered on day 2 (4/24), UR/Blk, in KY, pickup in Cincinnati.
Edit: EDD then changed to July 2 - July 11
Today my EDD changed to June 22 - June 30. (I have a VIN.) I live about two hours from there, but will already be driving by there this Sunday. I sure would like to take delivery then, but seems a bit too optimistic.
Edit: Fixed date typo

Last edited:
Started most recent EDD window today (June 20-30). Still no VIN or change in EDD
Ordered 4/23 UR/BL; no changes. Bay Area delivery
FWIW — Stopped by Delivery Center yesterday and after looking at my order, SA said that my order will be delivered by June 30, and there would be less than a week between VIN assignment and delivery.
Count me skeptical for delivery by 6/30, but holding out a ray of hope.

Started most recent EDD window today (June 20-30). Still no VIN or change in EDD
Ordered 4/23 UR/BL; no changes. Bay Area delivery
FWIW — Stopped by Delivery Center yesterday and after looking at my order, SA said that my order will be delivered by June 30, and there would be less than a week between VIN assignment and delivery.
Count me skeptical for delivery by 6/30, but holding out a ray of hope.
I'm in the same boat as you 4/23 OD, UR/B no changes EDD jun 20-jun30 and has not changed in a week and half no VIN and really don't see mine coming in by the 30th

Reactions: hkarthik and Dan. G
Past 7am in the west coast and no VIN for me here in the SF Bay Area. My EDD window starts tomorrow. Anyone get a VIN today? Seems more and more like the end of quarter will be a bust.

I only have 3 available days to pick up before end of q2. I imagine others will have similar issues between now and 7/4 since it’s a big vacation week.
Another NorCal resident here who's Zen is being tested because I also enter EDD range tomorrow with no VIN.

I'm sure our patience will pay off. But I can take your car if you can't pick it up before your vacation. ;)

Scheduled to take delivery next Wednesday!

Now I sit here and hope it doesn’t get delayed or have any damage from transport or major defects lol.

4/23 order. SG/Black. Midwest. VIN came last week.

Did you get contacted through the app for delivery, or reach out to them directly? Think we’re on the same truck given location/VIN assignment/delivery date, but my SA told me I likely wouldn’t be able to schedule until Monday/Tuesday next week.

Did you get contacted through the app for delivery, or reach out to them directly? Think we’re on the same truck given location/VIN assignment/delivery date, but my SA told me I likely wouldn’t be able to schedule until Monday/Tuesday next week.
Monday I stopped by the dealer and they told me estimated to arrive early next week. I hadn’t heard back so today I messaged them in the APP asking about an actual delivery date and 30 min later they responded saying I could schedule and I got the link to schedule in the APP. If I didn’t hear back via the APP I was going to stop back by the dealer again tomorrow lol

Another NorCal resident here who's Zen is being tested because I also enter EDD range tomorrow with no VIN.

I'm sure our patience will pay off. But I can take your car if you can't pick it up before your vacation. ;)
LOL I am 100% certain if I don’t pick it up, they will re-assign the VIN to someone in SoCal or the midwest who ordered in June before giving it to anyone north of Santa Barbara.

No VIN here. OD 4/25. SG/WH. EDD is now 7/20 to 8/24. Midwest.
I was 4/23 midwest order that was July 30th - August 25th. Switching to LR gives you ability to schedule for delivery that week. In the midwest the only pro of the M3P is the speed, everything else is a con for me.

I think most of us that switched from M3P to LR got VIN within a few hours or message to set for delivery when you picked the local inventory. Just food for thought

Reactions: sgtauto
I'm seeing a lot of wheel discussion on here recently.

Question for those of you who've driven both the new M3P and the new LR: how do their respective tire sizes seem to affect the ride quality, bumps and such? I've heard the 20s are harsher, but is this dealbreakingly harsher or just slightly less comfortable? I've test driven the new LR and loved the upgraded ride quality compared to my 2018 Model 3 LR. So I'd be bummed to get my M3P and discover that the ride quality due to the 20s has reverted a lot of this improvement back down to 2018 levels.

Anyone mind weighing in? Thanks!