Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to decide because the longer you leave them on while driving the more you subject the wheel finish to scratching.
Good point! I think I'm going to head over to Discount Tire (my buddy is the location Mgr.) and have them dismount and remove the blades from the rear, as suggested above, to see how it goes. If the residue comes off, then cool. If not, then I can a) place a service request and see if they will replace (doubtful), b) put them back on. :-0

It wasn't me. Odd that someone would take an ICE out if they have a P. It'd be pretty boring. Probably more laps though.

I got a hot brake warning first, and I can't remember what the rear motor did. I'm pretty upset about it. I lost that telemetry. I tried to zoom in on the original video and no luck. My 2020 mostly had battery heating issues, never the motor and this battery never had a problem, but I didn't push it to the max either.

I had the factory brake rotors and the track pads on the 20, never any brake fade. The factory rotors are bimetal units which are thousands of dollars if you try to aftermarket it. It's mostly pads and fluid, and this comes with the track pads so I just need to change the fluid out when I go back out in August.
Good info, thanks!