Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woahh! Had a super hot day today and turned the seat cooling to high. You all know it blows A/C out the bottom of the seat as well?? I think the RWD and LR does this as well, but if not, put another notch in the M3P belt. I’ve got say.. I’ve never experienced a perfectly cooled taint area and all the surrounding bits and bobs on a hot day and I am forever a changed man. 😂🤣😂
Just hang in there everyone! Seats, suspension, looks, etc are bonkers but that was the icing on the cake lol. You’re going to love it!
I noticed how good it was on my demo drive. Was a major selling point! Wife's X5 as mentioned above has ventilated seats, and they are near worthless lol

On the range test, I did that today, because I wanted a base line on the battery as new. I chose the 72MPH setting as a compromise between efficiency and boredom. If I were road tripping it's very unlikely I would drive that slow. So I see it as a best case scenario for the conditions. I tend to focus on wh per mile. Over 21k miles my 22 M3LR averaged 255 wh / mile. I never did a range / charging test on that car when it was new, live and learn. I'm pretty sure that car had LG cells. The only time I would Supercharge was on road trips, maybe 5k miles. With the new cars Panasonic cells it seems to take the DC fast charge quicker. I'm wondering if the range might improve some as the BMS calibrates over a few cycles. Time will tell. I'm definitely not not a fan of the 100% SOC. The things we sacrifice for science.

Reactions: Raptor911
Delivered! No defects in the paint visible. It came misaligned from the factory, with the wheel crooked by ~10deg. I scheduled service in the app right away and they will do a complimentary alignment next week. I am getting a bit of a clicking noise from the front left wheel, likely the aero inserts. Other than that, the car is fantastic.

Woahh! Had a super hot day today and turned the seat cooling to high. You all know it blows A/C out the bottom of the seat as well?? I think the RWD and LR does this as well, but if not, put another notch in the M3P belt. I’ve got say.. I’ve never experienced a perfectly cooled taint area and all the surrounding bits and bobs on a hot day and I am forever a changed man. 😂🤣😂
Just hang in there everyone! Seats, suspension, looks, etc are bonkers but that was the icing on the cake lol. You’re going to love it!

Some people have complained about the ventilation in the seats - I think it’s pretty strong. Better than our Volvo that is my wife’s car, and a bit better than past Kias/Acuras we’ve had as well.

I was skeptical of the climate system because of having to control everything through the screen, and only having the one big vent, but I’ll happily eat crow here - this is the best HVAC system I’ve ever experienced in a car. Cooling is near instantaneous, and the auto function is spectacular. Being able to start in prior to getting in is another bonus.

Put a service request for a handful of minor issues after picking up the car. I scheduled the repairs around 4 weeks out, I think Tesla offered 3-4 days to choose from. With no notification my service appointment date was pushed back to September. Those layoffs are really putting a strain on service. Glad to see others getting scheduled quickly. But here in North Dallas doesn’t seem to be the case. My message I sent a few days back still has no reply. Might have to drive up to the sc and see if they can schedule me earlier in July/Aug.

Reactions: wkuallstar
Some people have complained about the ventilation in the seats - I think it’s pretty strong. Better than our Volvo that is my wife’s car, and a bit better than past Kias/Acuras we’ve had as well.

I agree. Last Saturday I did about 45 min test drive in a new M3. After about 20 minutes I thought the ventilated seats were worthless since I couldn't feel anything. Then I realized in screwing around with the climate settings before starting the drive I had turned them off. Doh. Turned them on to III and immediately felt the cooling kick in. About 10x than my current Toyota and better than the Acura I had before that. By the time I got back to the SC I had turned it down to I and was quite comfortable. It was about 100° out so plenty of heat entering the car.

I picked up my Black/Black M3P this morning (ordered 04/23/2024). Wow. It's amazing. Paint looks great, gaps are great, interior is great, no rattles... It feels a bit more responsive and definitely handles/corners better than our 2018 M3P. Wasn't able to find a place for higher speeds but will try that soon.
Good work Tesla!
I live less than 20 miles from the service center but I put about 60+ miles on it "driving home". Then for fun we decided to watch a Netflix movie in the new car this evening (in the garage, w/wine) great sound, screen seems better than the 2018.
Very happy campers here!

Payment question...

I have Delivery scheduled for Saturday, and finished all my 'tasks' in the Tesla App - except one: Make Final Payment.

Is there any benefit to doing it now compared to waiting until I am physically at the SC? I think it's unlikely for any issues to happen with the payment/my bank, but that's the only real 'concern' I can think of by waiting...

Any words of wisdom? Any reason I shouldn't just do it now?

Thanks!

Are there wrinkles/creases or what do you mean? I imagine only a couple of Tesla staff have sat in your car. I’m curious because in the m3p’s I’ve seen so far, the seats looked fine. And they’ve seen many more butts than yours.

Did you measure with a paint thickness gauge? Or it looks like a blemish/sanding mark?
It's just wavy. The first picture was taken after just getting out and the second after about 1.5 hours, seems to have straightened out a bit. Car has 48 miles now. Maybe I'm being picky lol.

I didn't measure, there's no paint at one spot at the edge of the hood on the driver's side, near the windshield, about 1/16".

Attachments

• 20240627_211220.jpg
    20240627_211220.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240627_224905.jpg
    20240627_224905.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240626_163716.jpg
    20240626_163716.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Informative
Reactions: oreobbq
Payment question...

I have Delivery scheduled for Saturday, and finished all my 'tasks' in the Tesla App - except one: Make Final Payment.

Is there any benefit to doing it now compared to waiting until I am physically at the SC? I think it's unlikely for any issues to happen with the payment/my bank, but that's the only real 'concern' I can think of by waiting...

Thanks!
Just my opinion … but I would wait to inspect the car before paying. If you pay now and there are issues on delivery day then Tesla already has your money

On the range test, I did that today, because I wanted a base line on the battery as new. I chose the 72MPH setting as a compromise between efficiency and boredom. If I were road tripping it's very unlikely I would drive that slow. So I see it as a best case scenario for the conditions. I tend to focus on wh per mile. Over 21k miles my 22 M3LR averaged 255 wh / mile. I never did a range / charging test on that car when it was new, live and learn. I'm pretty sure that car had LG cells. The only time I would Supercharge was on road trips, maybe 5k miles. With the new cars Panasonic cells it seems to take the DC fast charge quicker. I'm wondering if the range might improve some as the BMS calibrates over a few cycles. Time will tell. I'm definitely not not a fan of the 100% SOC. The things we sacrifice for science.
Is Tesla limiting the pack to 75KwH? 95% used should have put you at ~77KwH used with 5% remaining if the pack is 82KwH.

I was skeptical of the climate system because of having to control everything through the screen, and only having the one big vent, but I’ll happily eat crow here - this is the best HVAC system I’ve ever experienced in a car. Cooling is near instantaneous, and the auto function is spectacular. Being able to start in prior to getting in is another bonus.
my driver seat does not cool very well. feels very low when set on high

I picked up my Black/Black M3P this morning (ordered 04/23/2024). Wow. It's amazing. Paint looks great, gaps are great, interior is great, no rattles... It feels a bit more responsive and definitely handles/corners better than our 2018 M3P. Wasn't able to find a place for higher speeds but will try that soon.
Good work Tesla!
I live less than 20 miles from the service center but I put about 60+ miles on it "driving home". Then for fun we decided to watch a Netflix movie in the new car this evening (in the garage, w/wine) great sound, screen seems better than the 2018.
Very happy campers here!

Congrats! Sounds like you’re enjoying it.

Reactions: HBDesiato
Payment question...

Thanks!
I'm picking up a 3 this Saturday also.... last night make final payment. I personally don't see much reason not to pay for a day or two early..just one less step on delivery day and one less "hickup" to express pickup

Reactions: arkhos
Payment question...

Thanks!
Far more benefit in waiting though not huge either way. There's really no benefit but the draw back is that it takes time for it to be reversed if you have to reject delivery twice.

Reactions: arkhos