Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of you should be getting my M2P Pearl with black interior from the Dublin CA locations. They contacted me on Friday afternoon saying that I needed to complete my purchase and choose a date. Within 3 hours they sent another message saying that they would cancel my order if I did not choose a delivery day by Saturday. I could not make the date and so had to cancel. I told them I would pick it up on 7/2 but they declined. They even kept my deposit.

Perhaps they are scrambling due to the major software hack or they were pushing end of Q2 sales? Oddly I even got a call from the sales person I had originally contacted asking why I had cancelled. He said that he would speak with his sales manager and call me back. He has not yet done that.

Very confusing...

• Disagree
Reactions: emuloid and dd_720
One of you should be getting my M2P Pearl with black interior from the Dublin CA locations. They contacted me on Friday afternoon saying that I needed to complete my purchase and choose a date. Within 3 hours they sent another message saying that they would cancel my order if I did not choose a delivery day by Saturday. I could not make the date and so had to cancel. I told them I would pick it up on 7/2 but they declined. They even kept my deposit.

Perhaps they are scrambling due to the major software hack or they were pushing end of Q2 sales? Oddly I even got a call from the sales person I had originally contacted asking why I had cancelled. He said that he would speak with his sales manager and call me back. He has not yet done that.

Very confusing...
You have to go to the service center. MUCH better service.

Order date 4/29
Northern Virginia
Black on Black
Edd just changed to July 24 - August 28
Never made any changes to my order or anything why is it going so far back? Seeing people who ordered after me get theirs already. Also had Tesla call twice now and beg me to switch to Long range. What’s up with that?
I am also in NOVA and ordered on 5/1. Tesla called me yesterday asking me to switch to a Model Y. Tesla is just trying to push Q2 numbers before it ends.

Just picked up my black/black M3P from the SC in Dublin, CA!

No issues to report, build quality is pretty good, and any panel gaps seemed to be really minor. Paint looks really good as well.

Drive is very smooth and I got used to one pedal driving quickly. Lack of stalks is weird but I am getting used to it. I was hesitant to punch and joyride without getting my ceramic coat, so hopefully I can do some more spirited driving after Tuesday.

Well worth the wait. Love the car so far!

IMG_5501.jpeg

...Perhaps they are scrambling due to the major software hack or they were pushing end of Q2 sales? Oddly I even got a call from the sales person I had originally contacted asking why I had cancelled. He said that he would speak with his sales manager and call me back. He has not yet done that.

Very confusing...
It is. I get that they might be 'scrambling' for Q2 sales, and with a lot of people still waiting for VINs from first-day orders I imagine they'd be delighted if a lot of us were to buy LR's instead (sales now, rather than being pushed to next quarter).

The fact that EDD's don't -really- matter, along with the seemingly random shipping/arrivals/deliveries... it's very baffling to a layman like myself. I am sure there is a rhyme and reason for how they do it. Even watching people -in- the Freemont area wait longer than distant parts of the country kinda blows my mind. LOL

Still super excited. Can't wait to see that VIN pop up whenever it does.

I am also in NOVA and ordered on 5/1. Tesla called me yesterday asking me to switch to a Model Y. Tesla is just trying to push Q2 numbers before it ends.
You think NOVA is getting pushed back like crazy because it’s far for them to ship the car?

Seems lame we have to wait longer for that reason if true.. would rather pay extra and get my car first than being behind California and Midwest orders way after me

You think NOVA is getting pushed back like crazy because it’s far for them to ship the car?

Seems lame we have to wait longer for that reason if true.. would rather pay extra and get my car first than being behind California and Midwest orders way after me
I assume you will take delivery at Tyson's? I know they have delivered at least 2 as I have seen 2 there. I know several have been delivered at the Silver Spring MD location.

Order date 4/29
Northern Virginia
Black on Black
Edd just changed to July 24 - August 28
Never made any changes to my order or anything why is it going so far back? Seeing people who ordered after me get theirs already. Also had Tesla call twice now and beg me to switch to Long range. What’s up with that?
I was messaged as well about switching to LR before my date changed. Maybe they pushed me to the end of the line after I said I'd consider it, lol.

thanks that helps a bit more. he also put the wheels directly on concrete!
Yeah that made me cringe a bit too. Although in his defense it looks like only the tire would touch the concrete if you do that (tire sticks out past the rim), I did all of mine placing the wheel face down on a huge piece of cardboard that I use as a surface to crawl on when working under the car. That also makes a softer surface when the aero inserts pop out onto the floor as you push their tabs from the back.

I respect your opinion, I think the wheels look better without them but neither of us are wrong. My bigger concern is the inability to really clean the rims (barrel especially) with them on.
I like the looks either way and had the same thought: open makes the rear rotors look a bit puny. But for me the open look slightly outweighs the small rotors. Plus the fact that you are making each wheel weigh a pound (17 ounces) less by taking them out which makes you a hint faster. ;)

I like the looks either way and had the same thought: open makes the rear rotors look a bit puny. But for me the open look slightly outweighs the small rotors. Plus the fact that you are making each wheel weigh a pound (17 ounces) less by taking them out which makes you a hint faster. ;)
I am waiting for the eventual rim protector to come out that goes in the holes in the mini inserts, but spans across to the replace the larger ones to give a even fill and fill some of the gap. Assuming the ever ship any more performance to the south east, and stop harassing us to get a LR. Have gotten texted for the last two days.

I did find Mp3denver's comment funny about what are you running with such rear breaks to fill the rim. (Maybe there pimping an Enzo or Bugatti) . 70F/30R is a typical bias if not heavier to the front.