Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As it has been stated multiple times, the word "factual" and EDD should not be used together.

In fact, one member earlier in this thread said something very similar happened to him with a nearby EDD getting pushed way out, right before he got his VIN. So while it can be frustrating (trust me, I get it, this is my 3rd Tesla) don't look too far into the EDD movement.
This happened to me. Had a May 23-30 EDD. Pushed out to June 23-30 for 2 days then got my VIN. Delivery window May 23-30 as of this morning.

Reactions: Sandee3
Getting closer to the start of my EDD date, 5/25 - 6/22, but haven’t received a VIN. Neither has my EDD updated like most. Ordered a W/B combo, April 23rd. Out here in the East Coast (NYC Area). Anyone experiencing same thing? Or what have ya’ll seen if you had no VIN coming close to a day or 2 of start to your EDD?
That's nuts. EDDs are usually such a good indicator of when you're going to get your car.

Ordered 4/23, confirmation email 12:16 PM EST.
White/White.
Raleigh, North Carolina.

RN121540XXX.
EDD1: May - June
EDD2: June
EDD3: May 27 - June 30
EDD4: May 22 - June 19

EDD5: just updated to July 9 - August 13

How factual is that new range? Kinda crazy.
Super factual. You can take that EDD5 straight to the bank.

Yeah the registration costs here are insane. New cars you can guesstimate it's about 2.5% of the msrp. It goes down each year. When picking up the car you'll sign the titlework and get a 60 day temp plate, then Tesla files it with the county motor vehicle you live in. The dmv people take about a month or two to process your titlework, then you'll get a postcard looking notice in the mail saying you can go to the dmv and pay for your registration and plates. Sometimes there are delays with titlework and they allow one extra 60 day temp tag from the dealer you purchased from if needed.
Dam so it’s the same process as buying used here. I was hoping somehow Tesla took care of registration the same way that a dealer would in every other state lol

Thanks. I checked and mine says "Your delivery location and method will be determined when you schedule your delivery appointment". How does that make sense? I have a VIN and my delivery window starts Saturday so I'm sure they know where it's going.
If you have a VIN your SA can locate the car. I don't think they move cars around once it has reached a delivery center unless they give you an option for home delivery.

Thanks. I checked and mine says "Your delivery location and method will be determined when you schedule your delivery appointment". How does that make sense? I have a VIN and my delivery window starts Saturday so I'm sure they know where it's going.
For me it was the opposite. I had my delivery location determined first then the VIN came right after. I originally was told that when a delivery location is determined, that’s usually a good sign that you’ll be getting a VIN shortly. Doesn’t seem to be the case based on your situation. Hopefully an SA can sort out the delivery location for you.

For me it was the opposite. I had my delivery location determined first then the VIN came right after. I originally was told that when a delivery location is determined, that’s usually a good sign that you’ll be getting a VIN shortly. Doesn’t seem to be the case based on your situation. Hopefully an SA can sort out the delivery location for you.
Weird. I have a VIN but no delivery location yet.

I don't get why people when they get an EDD with a range of a month or more always expect it at the beginning of that estimate? If the estimate is May 25th to June 25th, I sure as hell won't expect it till end of June. It's like they saying oh we'll be a delivery a package to your house or well show up between 1- 4pm, I expect them to be here at 4pm. Now if they show up earlier, i'll be surprised but I expect the end of that range always. That way you won't be disappointed.

Ordered 4/23, confirmation email 12:16 PM EST.
White/White.
Raleigh, North Carolina.

RN121540XXX.
EDD1: May - June
EDD2: June
EDD3: May 27 - June 30
EDD4: May 22 - June 19

EDD5: just updated to July 9 - August 13

How factual is that new range? Kinda crazy.
It is entirely possible that they were doing a batch of white seats first and they thought your car would be in that batch. However, they finished the first batch and your car didn’t make it into that first batch so it got pushed out.

I received my confirmation at 12:24 Eastern for a Red/Black coming into Raleigh. Mine is telling me June 7th - June 30th right now. I am sure it will slip to later in July any day now.

RN121536xxx

My concern about not taking delivery sooner is that the 2nd hand market for M3P is going to become saturated with people trading them in and the values will drop. I've already seen my 2023 go from $42,100 on Mar 29th to $37,700 today. That's a bitter pill to swallow.

Reactions: Sandee3
My concern about not taking delivery sooner is that the 2nd hand market for M3P is going to become saturated with people trading them in and the values will drop. I've already seen my 2023 go from $42,100 on Mar 29th to $37,700 today. That's a bitter pill to swallow.
I was in a similar situation. My 2021 non-Tesla EV that I just sold is about to get refreshed for 2025 with almost double the range. Just in May, the depreciation on my car dropped 10%. I sold it early to avoid being underwater on the loan.

Luckily had a backup car to drive until the Tesla gets here.

Reactions: Gasaraki