Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys I’m confused now between Ured/white (current order) Ured/blk OR
Blk/white.

The pics coming out of the black are looking gorgeous. Maybe because the front and rear bumper lid/diffuser and spoiler blend into the black to create a thicker aggressive stance? Whereas with Color, you see the separation of paint.
Both are quite appealing!!

I have a black/black M3 now anyways and I’m no stranger to black paint upkeep to keep it shine. That and full PPF from day 1.

The white interior I love the seats but prefer the black alcatera interior door trim. The white door is starting to look too white and maybe prone to visible dirt/damage over time. I’d do white on a black exterior as when opened, it’s a 2 colour scheme rather than looking at red/white/black. See last pic. Just me or does it look busy with tri colour showing? Ie. Half and half white/black door, black door rubber, white seats, red interior, black dash…trying to imagine this with a black exterior and removing one colour from it.

Anyone have any delivery of a black/white or black/black as yet? Love to see a black ext/white int and doors opened.View attachment 1050769View attachment 1050770View attachment 1050771
The white doors/no alcantara is what made me change my order to black, I love the white seats though. I love the red too, but wanted to keep the attention low. The black is honestly my favorite but I’ve owned a black car before prior to the creation of PPF. I went stealth grey this time around because I like what stealth PPF does to stealth Grey. If black with white would’ve qualified for the tax break that would’ve been my go to hands down.

The white doors/no alcantara is what made me change my order to black, I love the white seats though. I love the red too, but wanted to keep the attention low. The black is honestly my favorite but I’ve owned a black car before prior to the creation of PPF. I went stealth grey this time around because I like what stealth PPF does to stealth Grey. If black with white would’ve qualified for the tax break that would’ve been my go to hands down.
One solution is what my cousin did with his white M3 in 2022. He loved white but didn’t like the white door trim. So he choose the black int and bought leather white seat covers. Perfect match up with perforated and voila. Looks like oem white.

However with ventilated seats now. Not an option. Hmm… I wonder if one can buy the Alcatera black door panel part and repelled after the fact. I’m going to check at the SC what the part is and price. This could be a solution to white seats/blk door trim

I just changed the order to red/black (Edd aug-Sept) so I have time to also consider the blk exterior. 👍🏽

My current LR/boost. V1 20”, oem spoiler, black calipers, 20% tint, gunmetal T and dual motor. No chrome anywhere:
IMG_1284.jpeg

I’ll miss this one! (Dark Knight)
I hand wash or touchless only and I use fastwax once a month or so (quick 10 min wipe on and off) and I get that Lexus luster.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
Thinking about switching from cash to finance so I can let my money work for me and offset the interest/depreciation over the term,
If you're trying to be financially savvy then take it a step further and get your financing through a local or national Credit Union. They are non for profit and owned by members hence they offer the lowest rates that banks can't touch. Going with Tesla finance, at this time, gives you zero advantages. Exceptions to this is when brands have special financing like Tesla has on their model Y for 0.99%, now those rates are special and no bank or even a credit union can beat. But in general credit unions should be your go to financial institution for financing big purchases, cars, homes, etc.

And to leave you with an example, my local credit union, which I'll finance my M3P through, has a rate of 4.5% for 60m.

Last edited:
Looks like my VIN hit overnight.
Red/Black with delivery in the midwest for June 7 - 14.

That said, last week my store had a gray/white performance 3 in the showroom.... Car (including the normal highland) seems like a great improvement on past model 3's. Doors shut nicely, fit and finish looked good, seats felt good, etc. One comment is that I'm glad I went with black, I did not look how the white interior looked in person. With all that said, I've had 3 model 3's, and 1 model y, but haven't owned a tesla for a good bit of time now. I walked away with the same core problem - the cars have zero soul and they're just an appliance. Would it be a great car to drive around, I'm sure - but would I be left wanting more - yes I'm sure. Couple days ago I ended up committing to a different direciton vehicle entirely....

That said, me having a red/black vehicle with an order that qualifies for the ev credit, I'm still thinking of taking delivery to just have an efficient vehicle to drive around. I'm not entirely sure tesla will keep the performance under the ev credit threshold - I can see them working to make changes to get the dual motor qualifying, and then raise the price of the performance. THis is all speculation on my part but I do think the performance is going to hold its value very strong if you got it for an ev credit qualifying price.

Decisions, decisions....

Update to the data viz today. Added the payment type information and a look at how VIN assignment and scheduled deliveries for different order dates are progressing — looks like Tesla is assigning VINs equally across payment types and prioritizing April 23rd orders (I left off the pre 4/23 orders, they definitely got prioritized and almost all have VINs). Tesla is possible favoring 3rd party financing which is interesting. Big caveat, all of this info is volunteered and it could be people are more comfortable sharing that they're paying cash vs. financing through Tesla etc.

If you're trying to be financially savvy then take it a step further and get your financing through a local or national Credit Union. They are non for profit and owned by members hence they offer the lowest rates that banks can't touch. Going with Tesla finance, at this time, gives you zero advantages. Exceptions to this is when brands have special financing like Tesla has on their model Y for 0.99%, now those rates are special and no bank or even a credit union can beat. But in general credit unions should be your go to financial institution for financing big purchases, cars, homes, etc.

And to leave you with an example, my local credit union, which I'll finance my M3P through, has a rate of 4.5% for 60m.
4.5% is great. Best I could find was 5.24% at my CU. Also 60 months

not sure, that's what they've been selecting... is "Finance (3P)" not clear enough? was also surprised at the high cash percentage, but so many pending values not sure it's representative... I🤔
I selected cash, and went so far as to having the check drawn on my account Friday. But ultimately opted for financing so I can continue letting my money work for me instead of the bank, until the interest and depreciation are earned back through some swing trades and investments. Then I'll pay the car off early. I think a lot of people are selecting cash to keep their options open and also to avoid getting sucker punched in a high interest rate environment.

4.5% is great. Best I could find was 5.24% at my CU. Also 60 months
Is there a separate category or thread on TMC about financing? I couldn’t find one and don’t want to clog up this thread if so - but you got me all wanting to ask where you’re finding these rates! Some initial looking around at credit unions in Colorado and the best I could find offered (listed) was same as Tesla -6.49. Lots were in the 7.25 range!

I've bought 3 Teslas and would not recommend paying them until delivery day after you have looked over the car. They will send texts pushing you to pay, but there is zero benefit to doing so. It will not delay your delivery. It's good for them, bad for you.
Seems like we have a mixed result on pay at pickup and pay in advance. I'm going settle up this morning (pickup tomorrow) so I don't have to stress about it any longer. I am naturally a bit anxious about these things so removing the choice will force me to drop it an stop worrying about it. I will not stress about having to wait for a refund if I reject the car since it's just a fraction of paying cash and I won't miss the money for however long it takes to get it back.

Last edited:
One solution is what my cousin did with his white M3 in 2022. He loved white but didn’t like the white door trim. So he choose the black int and bought leather white seat covers. Perfect match up with perforated and voila. Looks like oem white.

However with ventilated seats now. Not an option. Hmm… I wonder if one can buy the Alcatera black door panel part and repelled after the fact. I’m going to check at the SC what the part is and price. This could be a solution to white seats/blk door trim

I just changed the order to red/black (Edd aug-Sept) so I have time to also consider the blk exterior. 👍🏽

My current LR/boost. V1 20”, oem spoiler, black calipers, 20% tint, gunmetal T and dual motor. No chrome anywhere:
View attachment 1050775
I’ll miss this one! (Dark Knight)
I hand wash or touchless only and I use fastwax once a month or so (quick 10 min wipe on and off) and I get that Lexus luster.
I am surprised this white door trim is a deciding factor for some folks. I got the white interior, again and the doors panels are pretty sale color wise as my 2021 MYP. They don’t bother me and the white is just… 😍

Just a comment on seat covers: yes not an option given the ventilated seats as you said but it’s also a safety thing - Tesla does not recommend seat covers as it can interfere with side airbags. Sorry to go mama bear on that - some people are aware and are ok with the risk and that’s totally their call. But some people don’t know Tesla cautions against this.

Is there a separate category or thread on TMC about financing? I couldn’t find one and don’t want to clog up this thread if so - but you got me all wanting to ask where you’re finding these rates! Some initial looking around at credit unions in Colorado and the best I could find offered (listed) was same as Tesla -6.49. Lots were in the 7.25 range!
You can do a google search or check through a credit monitoring app and lots of credit unions come up, but you have to become a member to take advantage of the lower rates. My credit union rates suck right now - it's in the entertainment biz and the strikes last year decimated deposits so they don't yet have the ability to beat the still-awful Tesla rate. It's little extra work to figure it all out but in the end the experience will hopefully be worth it for everyone no matter how they manage it!

Last edited:

Can you share which CU is that? Thanks

Reactions: moggsy
Yeah but have the ever called it that. They for sure hung the Pliad name in the Model S. But i have not officially seen the term Ludicrous in any Tesla media.
Reviving this topic from yesterday…I found this lurking in the background of a pic that I believe is from China. So like many things on this thread, take it with a grain of salt.
IMG_0575.jpeg

Anyone here have a Tesla contact that will look at my order as I think something is wrong with it. I'm cool with not having a VIN but the issue is that I'm day 1 order (RN12153xxx) but since about May 1 my status has not shown a date range but instead the words "We'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks". The SA is the it's all good message but I don't think they are actually looking at the order. If it matters, this is a cash order with no trade in.

Can you share which CU is that? Thanks

In order to join a local Credit Union you have to typically live, work, worship, or belong to certain organizations within a certain footprint. If you don't live in NC in a specific few counties, you won't qualify. So no point in me sharing their name as you won't qualify and since they're small don't want to overwhelm them in any way.

This is why I suggest to check with your local CUs so you can join them. There are a few national CUs that anyone will qualify by typically joining a organization they recommend. For example Penfed is a nation wide CU that anyone can join, not saying they have the best rates.

Just go on google maps and search your areas for credit unions, then go to their websites and see what their auto loan rates are.