Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great feedback. I am mainly curious about the difference in suspension feel. You're the first I've noticed that indicated it should be an improvement

Thanks. I've only driven in the Sport setting so far and it's very impressive. Haven't tried Standard yet which I imagine is more tuned for comfort, so I'm going to play around with different combinations to see how it changes the vehicle dynamics overall.
When I test drove the Black/White 2024 M3P out of the Superior, Colorado store, I could definitely feel difference between Standard and Sport.
Standard was quite smooth. With Sport, I could feel more of the road undulations.
I can see me using Standard on the street, and Track mode for track; not really sure how much I'll use Sport.

Is that a NY requirement? This might be a state specific thing, but in CA you only need to secure insurance for the car within 30 days of taking delivery. The app only asks for proof of your current auto insurance policy. Not that you have secured auto insurance on this new, yet to be delivered M3P car.
I uploaded my current auto insurance proof/doc which has the name of my current auto insurance company, the policy number, and the expiration date.

I think this is state dependent. I know CA is like you said (we only have to have valid insurance that isnt about to expire, basically). In CA we get a few days to add the new car to our policy after delivery, and the car is still covered by the current policy. I dont know what the state mandated time frame is here, but 10 days is what comes to mind.

In some other states they dont have that, so they have to have the car they are picking up on their insurance policy. Confused me too, when I read it online in some car forum or other a while ago.

Once the MY deliveries ramp down and Juniper is announced, I hope there is a "grace" period where no deliveries take place and our M3P get prioritized and pumped out. Last time I checked in our showroom they were doing several dozen deliveries of MY. Until then a 4/23 order can come in November for all we know while a late May order can get a vin a few days later and delivery next week.

On a side note, it looks like almost 50% of all day one orders have been assigned VINs, with 10% of the unassigned VIN ones having an EDD potentially in August. Does it suck? Yeah it does, but it beats waiting months and paying 10k-15k+ over MSRP as opposed to the conventional way.

Anything can happen, I'm OG 4/23 order and went from EDD this week to July - August.
I'm really hoping I don't follow you since I have an EDD from tomorrow to June 12th and still don't have a VIN yet. I'm pretty sure your EDD is bogus though, so that's probably a good thing.

Hello party people. I’m in too deep now, sold my 2020 M3P today, little sad seeing her go, sadder thinking about the depreciation but though I’d share details in case someone else is in similar position.

My old one was a MSM/Black in pretty good condition with 38k miles. Telsa offered me $24,500, Carvana offered $26k, did a very quick sale private party for $27,500 (which surprisingly easy even with a loan if you transact locally at buyer bank). My Tesla trade offer lapsed and I feared they would drop it so all in all it was worth a few G’s. I had a LOT of responses and probably if I was more patient I could have rec’d $30k+.

When my Tesla trade offer lapsed I had SA cfm financing changes (I had approved trade and Tesla finance at 4/23 order hoping it would speed up VIN). That took a day due to holiday no doubt but all good with the loan.

So now I wait and hope as I have no car and my wife will not be crazy about shlepping me around

Weird question. Delivery so scheduled for 6/3. This originally showed on my main screen but now my main screen doesn’t show anything. The delivery date shows only when I click continue and scroll to delivery. I seem to recall the date always showing in the main page previously.

Attachments

• IMG_2572.jpeg
    IMG_2572.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 6
Need some advice funding through BoA. Did you guys want until the SA reached out with an actually delivery date for pick up before signing the last form from BoA to get funded?

I have VIN and BoA docs ready to be signed but no schedule pick up yet. Not sure what to do here.

With our Y, we used Tesla financing and it was a whole lot smoother. SA actually replying definitely helped at the time too.

Yes, I still have this issue as of today. I dont know if this is an insurance company problem (Amica for me) or the underwriters' database.
Just added it to my Progressive policy today (got VIN today
Hello party people. I’m in too deep now, sold my 2020 M3P today, little sad seeing her go, sadder thinking about the depreciation but though I’d share details in case someone else is in similar position.

My old one was a MSM/Black in pretty good condition with 38k miles. Telsa offered me $24,500, Carvana offered $26k, did a very quick sale private party for $27,500 (which surprisingly easy even with a loan if you transact locally at buyer bank). My Tesla trade offer lapsed and I feared they would drop it so all in all it was worth a few G’s. I had a LOT of responses and probably if I was more patient I could have rec’d $30k+.

When my Tesla trade offer lapsed I had SA cfm financing changes (I had approved trade and Tesla finance at 4/23 order hoping it would speed up VIN). That took a day due to holiday no doubt but all good with the loan.

So now I wait and hope as I have no car and my wife will not be crazy about shlepping me around
dam, 20k from tesla and 24k from carvana here in NJ. same 2020 m3p 37k miles.

Reactions: jose3030