Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just texted my SA yesterday so I don't want to be an "everyday pain"... but if anyone else contacts their SA, could you ask if there is a NEW EPA issue, or are the SCs just having an issue downloading/installing the existing fix: 2024.14.8? My SA said I should be able to schedule delivery Sunday but I don't know if there's a new kink in the works now.

someone just posted on Reddit the same thing

I just texted my SA yesterday so I don't want to be an "everyday pain"... but if anyone else contacts their SA, could you ask if there is a NEW EPA issue, or are the SCs just having an issue downloading/installing the existing fix: 2024.14.8? My SA said I should be able to schedule delivery Sunday but I don't know if there's a new kink in the works now.
Someone just posted on Reddit the same thing

Same question for me, but my current car is a 2018 RWLR with 18 in wheels (square). I have an extra set of wheels for summers, do we know if they fit and is the bolt pattern the same? I recall earlier that there may be an issue fitting around the larger brakes on the 2024 M3P. It sure would be nice to not have to buy another set of wheels and just use those for new winter tires
It depends. Some aftermarket wheels that are 18" will fit over the performance brakes. The stock 18" Tesla wheels will NOT fit. The bolt pattern should be the same 5x114.3 pattern.

It depends. Some aftermarket wheels that are 18" will fit over the performance brakes. The stock 18" Tesla wheels will NOT fit. The bolt pattern should be the same 5x114.3 pattern.
I’m in the same boat looking around. I sent a message to Martian wheels asking to confirm if their 18” will fit the performance (says on the site fits all performance variants but that might have just been from the previous M3P)

Spoke to my SA yesterday and they said the vehicle is scheduled to arrive at my delivery location on Tuesday 6-4. Today my EDD changed from 6/4/24 - 6/11/24 to 6/2/24 - 6/11/24. I reached out to my SA today asking if this makes any difference and no reply. I asked when we will be able to schedule a definitive delivery date, no reply. Sounds like there is movement but nothing certain.

Ordered on 4/25 got my date moved from July-August to June 20-30. Anyone similar to my time frame that has received their VIN?
I was a 4/27 order date (in Arizona- SG/White). NO VIN. It was originally 5/11 to 5/25 (ha! yea right), then moved to July-August, but on Sunday moved back to June 23rd to June 30th. I am hoping it stays in that range or earlier, considering that I ordered it with an "est. delivery of June." I think what was originally posted when sold *should* be honored. I suspect that's what Tesla is trying to do. Moving the EDD's around randomly, as others have said, is only leading to frustration, confusion, and poor decision-making (i.e., prematurely selling a car, getting financing and running credit twice, trade-in quotes expiring, etc.). I've complained to my SA about all of this and he 100% agrees that it's ridiculous and needs to be streamlined and more transparent. To be honest, if the cars weren't amazing, I'd have run away from Tesla by now. The service and processes are certainly not keeping me as a customer. I've referred countless people to buy Teslas. I can no longer confidently do so without adding a huge caveat that they're in for a nightmare of a production/delivery experience. :/

Woke up this morning to a VIN assigned! Completed insurance/final pay steps and have my delivery scheduled for Saturday in Santa Monica.

--------------------------------

M3P Black/Black

Ordered: 4/23 @ 4:19pm PDT (EDD: June)
Update 1 (5/3): EDD May 14 - Jun 11
Update 2 (5/12): EDD May 17 - May 31
Update 3 (5/17): EDD May 19 - Jun 2
Update 4 (5/20): EDD May 20 - Jun 2
Update 5 (5/21): EDD Jul 2 - Aug 6
Update 6 (5/27): EDD Jun 7 - Jun 21
Update 7 (5/30): VIN Assigned

Woke up this morning to a VIN assigned! Completed insurance/final pay steps and have my delivery scheduled for Saturday in Santa Monica.

M3P Black/Black

NICE! I'm hoping to get a VIN soon as my EDD changes almost mirror yours.

Just want to add and point that people losing traction on their brand new cars/wheels can also be down to brand new tires. Folks should be careful in the first 100 miles until they are scrubbed in.
Great point! Can the AZ person who took delivery confirm that the tires don't slip at all when properly worn in (which should be true within a few days) and over 100 degree temps outside? I'm really hoping that the statement about slipping was due to low temperature/new tires/some weird condition. Though, I drove off from my pickup location on my previous M3P and the tires never slipped, so if the "new" tire issue is the only variable then why wasn't that the case with the old car? I'm starting to think the new model has *that* much more power and truly needs the 275s just to hook up, when the old one was perfect with 235s. :-0

M3P Black/Black

What is your new EDD now that you have a VIN? My VIN was assigned today and delivery estimated June 5 - June 14.

If you dont have a vin, you are still making the same mistake of believing and making plans around the "estimated" delivery date.
That's a fair point. However, if Tesla would simply list the EDD as the *worst case* scenario and not move the date forward and backward randomly without any logical reason, then we could make more informed decisions. I can't imagine someone not on this forum being absolutely confused as to when they'll get their car and when to make specific decisions (finance, trade-in, vacations, etc.).

Reactions: zeroifex