Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right on cue, my EDD advanced one day on both ends at 10am eastern. Now May 30 - June 6. I have a VIN so it's like being able to see your car in the distance, you're almost there, you know you are walking at the same speed... but you never get any closer.

To make matters worse, I got $1100 less for my trade once I resubmitted that so now they just collected another $1100 from my bank account.
Same here. Mine went down $900. I was betting on a $1,000 drop in 30 days, as I've argued, due to an oversupply of old M3P's flooding the market, so my prediction was close. There's two ways of looking at it. The pessimistic view (which I am trying to avoid taking) is that Tesla essentially tacked on another $1,000 to the price of the car, and had they delivered the car earlier, I would have been locked in at the lower price (no different than the base price increases at the end of April). The optimistic view is that for each 30-day lapse of the trade-in quote, I am just assuming a roughly $1,000 decrease in value (probably less for older models). And for each 30 days I own the old car, I'm still making payments on the car, which for me are always around $1,000 (as I pay extra to avoid interest), so it's *almost* a wash. I'd be paying that same money on either the new *or* old car, right? Maybe I'm just trying to rationalize not pulling out completely and telling them to keep their $250! LOL.

Woke up this morning to a VIN assigned! Completed insurance/final pay steps and have my delivery scheduled for Saturday in Santa Monica.

--------------------------------

M3P Black/Black

Ordered: 4/23 @ 4:19pm PDT (EDD: June)
Update 1 (5/3): EDD May 14 - Jun 11
Update 2 (5/12): EDD May 17 - May 31
Update 3 (5/17): EDD May 19 - Jun 2
Update 4 (5/20): EDD May 20 - Jun 2
Update 5 (5/21): EDD Jul 2 - Aug 6
Update 6 (5/27): EDD Jun 7 - Jun 21
Update 7 (5/30): VIN Assigned
Hoping to use this as a good sign. Ordered 4/27, somewhat similar EDD history and have a current of 6/7-6/21. Also in CA and dammit, it’s my birthday!!

Reactions: brianm3p
Obviously the square setup is ideal for rotations/cost/simplicity, but I would personally advise against deviating from the staggered setup that comes stock on this new car. I can't find the post, but I recall seeing one of the early deliveries mentioning that the car "started to lose traction." They didn't mention rain or coming out of a corner. If this is true (i.e., the new M3P has so much power that it slips a bit from a straight line pull in dry conditions), then you'll definitely need the 275's in the back. As a side note, if this car actually "slips" at all then it'll be a huge disappointment. Did they design this with *too much* power? The outgoing M3P was absolutely perfect in this category. I've literally *never* felt the car slip from a launch in dry conditions---never! What's the point of this much power if it can't be translated properly? There's a reason why I don't own a RWD V8. LOL. On the other hand, you could consider going with a 275 square setup. However, I also recall seeing a Tesla video where they said that the 235/275 setup was designed/selected for a specific reason (though I could be wrong). Perhaps the front 235's are better for coming out of corners and steering feel/weight.

On another note, I can't find the post at the moment, but a few forum members were debating the winter/summer/all-season tire issue. I live in a rural-ish area of AZ and temps range from 20 degrees to 120+ degrees. I've *always* run summer only tires and have never had an issue with traction and/or compound cracking from the cold weather. Granted, I always keep my car in the garage in the winter. I think leaving the car outside in below 30 degree conditions could cause some issues if the car sits for extended periods. But otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it. I've even taken my summer tires in snow conditions up into the mountains in Northern AZ, albeit briefly. Unless we are talking constant snowy conditions, I think *most* of us, even those in cold weather (below 30 temps) can safely run summer tires all year. The benefit is a much stickier tire and amazing traction, which, as I stated above, seems to be a necessity on this new model. A friend of mine has the all-season tires that come with the Model Y performance (Hankook Ion Evo) with a 540 treadwear rating. I was surprised that the car sticks consistently from a launch with 540s! I would never go any higher than a 300 rating on a performance car. The MYP is heavier and runs the 0-60 in the 3.5 range, so that could also be part of the equation for why this setup works. The MYP is also staggered from the factory. :)
isn't the China version square 19"s?

The special financing for the MY was Teslas way to get rid of the inventory they had in stock and to entice M3 customers to change to a MY due to the backlog. Prior to this, they were offering the MY for up to $6k off. Musk stepped in and changed that mid April. To meet/exceed goals for the quarter they are going to push out as much as possible which means send out closest to the factories. It's all business while pissing off the ones that are sticking to their guns with the M3. All about appeasing shareholders in hopes to bring Tesla stock back to 230-250 range next quarter.

I would like to thank people who maintain the tracker.
I just found the point when all data got corrupted and named these snapshots:
Good data:
1717098688082.png

Corrupted one:
1717098741064.png