Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For my two previous Tesla orders, it was always “West coast prioritized beginning of quarter, then everyone else in the middle of Q, then West Coast again at EOQ”.

This one is interesting though as we are a month away from EOQ and they are obviously prioritizing all West Coast orders now. That said, I have to think (sadly in my case) that other regions really won’t be prioritized until middle-ish next quarter. Which makes sense why so many were bumped to July/August dates recently.

Yeah, spot on from my experience as well. We may see a trickle of cars hit other regions in the coming weeks, but I suspect the bulk of the US (aside from the WC) won't see their cars in any meaningful volume until July. This is just how Tesla has managed pretty much every rollout for the last 5-7 years.

Reactions: jose3030
I guess that’s good if you lose your key card and phone, but WTF. It sounds like all it would take is for one shady person working at the dealership to go on a shopping spree.
Thing is, not sure if it was for only cars on the lots or every tesla.

I'd look at it as similar power any dealership has with the ability to have spare keys or to make em rather easily

Thing is, not sure if it was for only cars on the lots or every tesla.

I'd look at it as similar power any dealership has with the ability to have spare keys or to make em rather easily
It's for all of them. It's also how they get in for service appointments. This isn't really different from any major product though. I have the ability to log in to any of the customers environments for the product I work on, but I need to be able to in order to evaluate issue or check on the security of things. All of my activity is logged and I have to be able to justify it, but as part of my job it's a necessary level of access.

This is the way. Dont waste your money on PPF; it’s not worth it IMO. Especially if you get rock dings and it pierces the PPF, which isn’t that uncommon with M3 bc it’s so aerodynamic. I’ve seen countless PPF issues from *great* PPF installers on M3. Dirt gets under where the rock pierces and it looks awful. Only thing you can do is remove the PPF and do it again. No company no matter how good is going to warranty a rock ding piercing it.

A quality full body ceramic coat and ceramic tint and call it a day (I prefer XPEL). You and your wallet will thank me later 😁
I’m new to this- what does a ceramic coat do? And would those automatic car washes hurt a ceramic coat?

My car won’t be garaged, so I worry a bit about keeping the PPF clean. Any thoughts on that?

Most people do not care enough to pay for ppf, and will be fine with touch up paint. Ceramic coatings do not belong in the same convo and it’s better to think of them as semi-permanent wax.

Reasons to get ppf:
  • Change up the look. Besides stealth/satin, there are also color infused ppf options now so you don’t have to opt for weak vinyl to change the color.
  • A film is the only real protection against road debris.
  • Washing the car is a breeze. It’s fast and you don’t have to worry about proper wash technique. Rinseless washes are easy.
What ppf will not do:
  • Make your car invincible. You still need to give trucks and commercial vehicles a wide berth.
  • Doesn’t really add any value for a car dealer.
  • Make financial sense. The ev market is a mess tbh and this car along with your pricey ppf will depreciate just like all previous teslas.
Anyway, if I get this car ppf will be one of the first things I do.

Wrapping up yesterday, we got 2 VINs for PNW orders in the forum. Was hoping to see more, but we take our wins, no matter how big/small they are.

Here's to seeing more PNW VINs tomorrow!
I went in the opposite direction. My EDD had been changing to the next day (with a week range) basically since May 12th, and today it jumped to June 8 - 22. I'm starting to get the feeling that these EDDs don't mean anything! ;)

• Funny
Reactions: arkhos
Has anyone else gotten these error messages when applying for tesla financing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240531_082303_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240531_082303_Tesla.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240531_082315_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240531_082315_Tesla.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 4
Just got my VIN! 4/27 order, white/black, Denver. EDD June 13-19.

Woo Hoo! Just got my VIN. White/Black. May 3rd order.

So jealous. White black 4/26 still waiting here in Texas
Heck, I'm White/Black, ordered 4/27 and live in CA three hours from Fremont. No VIN here.

There may be some CA bias, but they ship them everywhere. Stoked for you guys(& perhaps gals), please do share once delivered!