Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Few questions. I am sure some of these have been answered here, but it's a lot of work to go through 374 pages of posts to find them :p

1) What are the major benefits of ceramic coating? I know it doesn't protect from chips like PPF can (I don't want to spend the $ on PPF). How big of a difference does it truly make on washing your car? Is the difference truly worth the cost? I like to keep my car clean and plan to wash often, so if it significantly speeds up this process, that could be a major benefit for me.

2) Has there been a more M3P tailored delivery checklist posted? Or the most accurate one to date?

3) Has there been a general consensus on tinting levels (i.e. a good balance between looks, keeping the car cooler, still having adequate vision at night, not being illegal, etc.). I am strongly considering tinting this car, but have not tinted any of my previous vehicles.

Thanks.
i have DIY ceramic and it's worth every penny. yes there's some work involved, but its easy. i would NEVER recommend a profession ceramic job as you are paying for the labor. i ceramic coated my M3P in 2020 and it lasted for several months. now the newer formulas claim many years of protection. bought the Adams Advanced ceramic for the my new M3P.

Delivery date scheduled.
4/23 order
Raleigh, North Carolina

I called my service center NOT expecting them to answer, but they did. I pressed 1 for sales and 1 for new vehicles, and she helped me out.

Make SURE you have a vin number and tell them you have this and they’ll get you scheduled.

No more mystery, having a firm date is amazing.

IMG_3252.jpeg

Relatively low day 1 order number for Red/Black for the Raleigh NC location. My expected delivery date was 6/16 - 6/23 before. However, I went into the store today and the guy said the first shipment could be in the store as early as 6/11/24.

I was able to schedule my appointment for 6/19. He didn’t want to do anything any earlier until they knew the cars were closer to delivery. He said they will reschedule the delivery if it comes in sooner.
View attachment 1053712
Thanks for the info. Hoping I get my VIN before that train leaves the station.... When you went in to the store did they have any display models?

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Delivery date scheduled.
4/23 order
Raleigh, North Carolina

I called my service center NOT expecting them to answer, but they did. I pressed 1 for sales and 1 for new vehicles, and she helped me out.

Make SURE you have a vin number and tell them you have this and they’ll get you scheduled.

View attachment 1053825
trying now. they never answer.

Picking up my car currently in Mt. Kisco (red/black). Car is perfect on panel alignment and everything else minus I have a small paint defect on the front quarter panel.

There’s someone else here who is picking up a grey/white.
Congrats !! Glad to hear someone on the east coast finally getting theirs. Feels like if Mt Kisco got theirs that Brooklyn should have them too.

I guess I have to call Brooklyn now ? Seems like most folks who are actually getting a delivery date are taking a more active approach.

Scratched bumper update: Service scheduled me next week, no questions asked, $0.00 charge. The vibe was that they expected to hear from me, pretty sure they knew it was there. Nobody keyed my car :p
If they really did know it was there and didn’t disclose that and were hoping you’d miss it until after it was no longer covered then that is some shady stuff lol

• Funny
Reactions: sdawg and jennieR
i have DIY ceramic and it's worth every penny. yes there's some work involved, but its easy. i would NEVER recommend a profession ceramic job as you are paying for the labor. i ceramic coated my M3P in 2020 and it lasted for several months. now the newer formulas claim many years of protection. bought the Adams Advanced ceramic for the my new M3P.
What product did you use that you're happy with, based on your experience with it?

Thanks for the info. Hoping I get my VIN before that train leaves the station.... When you went in to the store did they have any display models?
No Model 3 Performance cars on display in Raleigh. He told me that my car is in the first shipment of Model 3 Performances cars that will arrive at the Raleigh location. It could be there as early as Monday.

Delivery date scheduled.
4/23 order
Raleigh, North Carolina

View attachment 1053825
This worked for me as well! Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_2508.jpeg
    IMG_2508.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 4
Not true. I went in to manage my order. The pricing is based on when you placed order! When I changed from SG/WH to UR/WH it still showed pricing for white interior. Where as that’s not the case now since they are both included. So if you did black interior with white you should be able to change it and still be within price threshold

The confusion around "can I change my color, or does the pricing reset" Is probably around the fact that the tesla order agreement specifically states that any changes to your order will be reflected in the current price of the vehicle, not when you ordered.... but they are letting people change their orders without doing that right now for some reason.

Why they are not enforcing their stated rule (thats on the order agreement everyone agrees to when they place an order), is anyones guess, but it would be a good idea for people to make a decision on the color and not "expect" to be able to flip flop around endlessly.

Tesla isnt following its own stated rule here, so it could change at any time (to them actually following the rule). I would hate to see someone get burned on this, and "But I saw multiple other people online do...." isnt going to mean anything if they decide to change course and follow their rules on order changes, thats in the order agreement.