Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah that was the other factor. I don't have a garage; only a carport. So it won't be baking in the sun entirely.

I figured people would vote to take delivery anyway. The other upside is this allows me to save more money for the down. lol

Cancelling the trip is not an option though haha. It's an overseas trip to another country.
I get it about the trip. Sometimes in life you just have to prioritize what really matters.

That's my point. There is no one who hasn't gotten their car by the end of June at this point because June hasn't ended. So crying that it's a "scam" is premature.
"Scam" is definitely hyperbolic, but considering that the online order page stated "June delivery" until yesterday (6/5), there is certainly some false advertising. I highly doubt that anyone who ordered on June 5th will get their car before July, considering that some of our April orders are barely going to be squeezed in before June. I've mentioned this issue to several Tesla employees, and 100% of them agreed that the order page is misleading. They all apologized for it and said it should be more accurate.

I am leasing mine so no window tint for me at all. Fish bowl city is how I roll.😝

View attachment 1054138
Ive tinted every car I've leased. Its not even a question. $300 over a 3 year lease is 8 dollars a month, less than a cup of coffee (In LA). Just do it. Ive had my 2024 M3P for a week now and I still dont like it yet because it hasnt got tinted lol.

"Scam" is definitely hyperbolic, but considering that the online order page stated "June delivery" until yesterday (6/5), there is certainly some false advertising. I highly doubt that anyone who ordered on June 5th will get their car before July, considering that some of our April orders are barely going to be squeezed in before June. I've mentioned this issue to several Tesla employees, and 100% of them agreed that the order page is misleading. They all apologized for it and said it should be more accurate.
It’s still showing June for me 😂😂

Ive tinted every car I've leased. Its not even a question. $300 over a 3 year lease is 8 dollars a month, less than a cup of coffee (In LA). Just do it. Ive had my 2024 M3P for a week now and I still dont like it yet because it hasnt got tinted lol.
You don’t understand. I don’t want the tint. I want the fishbowl look.😉 I also am disappointed to get rid of the wood grain look and my Toyota TRD blacked out roof too. Don’t even get me started about losing the parking sensors and the stalks.

However, I like to win at the Dragstrip so none of the other things matter.

My EDD updated today to 6/7-6/16 (was 6/13-6/20). I messaged my SA asking if there was any chance it was coming in by the 7th as that's when my trade expires. Responded that it's estimated to come in the 9th. He/she was going to see if the trade team would extend the offer but wasn't sure if they could. Nice of them to try but I would be very doubtful they would extend it.
They won't. They "soft" promised me this too, but it did not work. :/ Not to be conspiratorial, but I get the weird feeling that these dates are all connected, and someone is maximizing "profit."

*Edit---if you get lucky and they extend it, then let us know, so I can complain. LOL. Kidding.

My trade in hasn’t been reviewed since I ordered April 23. I messaged in the app a couple weeks ago because I wanted to know the offer and out the blue somebody finally text me today. I also asked if they could tell me when the car is coming 😆they told me the same dates as the edd.

Attachments

• IMG_5546.jpeg
    IMG_5546.jpeg
    918.7 KB · Views: 4
Tesla opened the delivery schedule appointment part of my tasks just now. I opened it up to take a look (my window is the 6th --> 12th). There is literally one single slot for me to "pick" from - June 10th at 12:30pm - Geez man... Are they really 100% booked all next week? I messaged through the app just to confirm...

My EDD updated today to 6/7-6/16 (was 6/13-6/20). I messaged my SA asking if there was any chance it was coming in by the 7th as that's when my trade expires. Responded that it's estimated to come in the 9th. He/she was going to see if the trade team would extend the offer but wasn't sure if they could. Nice of them to try but I would be very doubtful they would extend it.
Try getting an estimate on KBB. They have affiliate dealerships in your area that work with them and can give you the quoted amount or higher. That's what I did, and I got about 1k more than what Tesla was offering for trade-in.

Reactions: ks1972
Ordered 4/23. UR/BL. No changes since original order. Current EDD 6/10 - 6/30. Previously EDD was in late May/early June and would move a day at a time. Still no VIN. From what I can see on tracker, it appears that few, if any, UR/ BL config have been assigned VINs or had deliveries that ordered on 4/23. Has anyone in Bay Area received a VIN or delivery date for this config in Bay Area yet?

Picked up at Mt Kisco today. 3 minor paint issues, of the scratches I've already polished out. Awesome to drive, nice step up from the 2023 M3P. I appreciate the slightly quicker steering rack on this new model. Just given it a proper clean, about to ceramic coat, but it's hot and humid making it not a fun job.

View attachment 1054184
Congrats! Looks great. I am heading there tomorrow for my pickup - black on black. They mentioned that they had to put the car through a software update between now and then. Did you have the same issue?