Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So given enough room, the car goes in circles. 😄

It only took me a few minutes to catch up to the last page. It’s official, this thread is practically dead!! Everyone has post delivery clarity.

Give it a few days and here come “my ac smells like moldy socks” and “why aren’t I getting 303 miles” threads lol.
I honestly think part of it is that just a lot of people who weren't part of the early VIN wave are kinda getting burned out waiting and talking about it. This last week has been particularly slow. The week prior there was over 150 VINS given out. It was exciting to get on and check everyone posting their VINS and see the tracker get updated with progress. Now this past week there has been like 15 VINs. Some days including 1-2 VINs. Honestly kind of depressing getting on now to check until things ramp back up again.

Last edited:
The ambient lighting is also pretty cool. I wasn’t as excited about this as some people and my views on a colorful interior were negative. After turning it on and changing to some different colors I am happy to report it looks classy, like a spaceship and not how my 16 year old nephews ‘customized’ Honda Del Sol looks inside.

I wish they made ambient lighting functional as in, if you signal right, the right door lights would blink and vice versa.

HOLLY HELL ...

My order just updated from June 28-30 to July 30 - September 3

I changed my color last week from SG to White

SO ...

EDD 1: June
EDD 2: July 8 - August 19
EDD 3: June 28 - June 30
EDD 4: July 30 - Sept. 3
Oof... sorry that sucks =/

At this point I keep refreshing my app not to expect a VIN, but to expect to get my 6/20-6/30 EDD massively pushed out like everyone else is lol.

This seems to be a highland change not specific to the M3P. I was surprised as well. Seems to be just a cost saving thing. I also have 3 kids and they all love the rear heated seats in my 2021 LR. There is definitely going to be some arguing about the middle seat now. That being said it's not common to have a heated middle seat in a sports sedan, just got spoiled by the prior first gen M3.
Wow, I had no idea this changed with the highland. I wonder if they're going to do the same with the refresh model Y. Our Model X still has all three seats heated in the rear, and we have the seven seater as well, and even the third row still has them.

HOLLY HELL ...

My order just updated from June 28-30 to July 30 - September 3

I changed my color last week from SG to White

SO ...

EDD 1: June
EDD 2: July 8 - August 19
EDD 3: June 28 - June 30
EDD 4: July 30 - Sept. 3
It may be a good thing? Mine at one point went out to July29 - sept 2. Then a week later I got a vin and it moved in to jun 13-20. I’ve heard that’s happened to other people as well. Or, it could be because you changed color. Who knows?

someone mentioned last week that your order gets updated around 7am PST and sure enough my last 2 updates occurred right around this time.
This EDD thing is just slow torture . I think I would prefer to just have no EDD so that way the EDD wasn't always playing mind games on me. Having it switch to sooner, than later, than sooner, etc. etc. is more confusing than helpful. It provides a false sense that you may get a VIN soon. Even after following this thread and knowing that EDD means nothing without a VIN, it still sucks to see it get pushed out lol. Though I have seen people get pushed out months and get a VIN the next day, so who the heck knows. You may get one tomorrow for all we know.

If you force the configurator to show the 19" wheels, it shows black lettering. Pretty sure the 20" do too, but it's conveniently hidden behind the aero covers.

View attachment 1055192

View attachment 1055193
Not a huge issue obviously, but like I said, makes me wonder if it's an oversight on the marketing pages or if they're installing the old parts (which typically come preloaded with pads, so would make me wonder about the pads). The S/X Plaid do have black lettering, so initially I thought they were updating things to be consistent across the models
Given both images are CG, my wager is marketing oversight.

Reactions: arkhos
Keep in mind most people who have had accurate EDDs aren't as likely to post here as those who have had them change wildly, so you are going to a bias in the number of posts. Mine has been pretty spot on from ~June, to 5/26 - 6/30, to 6/16 - 6/30, and finally a delivery date of 6/13.

Reactions: webbie313
It's almost as if it's a estimate
To be fair most people expect an estimate to still be somewhat a representation of when they could expect to obtain something.

If you bought something from me and prior to the purchase I told you I could probably get it to within a month and then I didn’t deliver until 6 months later, I’m sure you’d be a bit annoyed.

Everyone gets it’s an estimate, but when it goes from May to June to June-July to June dates again to August-September…. That’s just stupid lol. If you have no clue when you can deliver something then just say so from the get go and say you’ll get it when you get it. Why give an “estimate” if you truly have no efficient way to give one?

lol don't be impatient. The old M3P sucks and looks like Wall-e
I’m just not sure why it seems like they are massively slowing down on M3Ps so close to end of quarter. Are they just focusing on pumping out RWD/LR and Ys till new quarter and then will start on M3Ps again?

Idk I am still convinced there’s something going on that we are not aware of. Like maybe they are fixing an issue they found out once they started delivering or something.