Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too just got a text and my 26th appointment was pushed to 27th.
Me too, went from 25 to the 26th to the 27th today. We are just place holders in the case they have cars for us like I said earlier. I foolishly took the day off today. My SA even called the dates I was given as a "Placeholder Date" in chat when I asked what was going on. I should have taken my own advice and not expected anything. Bleh...

• Informative
Reactions: arkhos
Just got a VIN assigned today 6/25 and the vehicle was already on site and ready to be picked up as early as tomorrow 6/26. A few minutes after a SA called me and wanted to schedule delivery. I was told if I did not pick it up before 6/30, I would lose my spot, a clear end of Q2 push.

Order date: 4/23
Color: Gray/White
Last EDD: Jul 6 - Aug 10
Notification: both text & app

Was able to easily change payment from Cash to Self-Arrange Financing within the app, after VIN assignment.
Proof of insurance, uploaded and status shows complete.
A reschedule button is active, however I have no need to reschedule at this time.
Make Your Final Payment tab is active with a Start button.

@TH82 FYI

Good to see Charlotte finally getting some M3P's in. Apparently I'm in the next round of deliveries next week, depending on the holiday I would guess.

I am on the same boat as many here, received a text yesterday from Tesla to schedule delivery (only gave me two options... 6/29 or 6/30 appt) when the app only shows EDD from 6/24-6/30. I do NOT have the VIN yet... drove to my dealer in SoCal and the SA said my car is probably being build as we speak, and they are expecting a delivery on the 28th. They cannot guarantee 100% if the car will be ready by my scheduled date, but the SA ensures that if not, they will be delivering the car to my house (she also said end of every quarter they all work pass midnight to try and make the quarter deadlines, and her latest delivery record was 3am). Fingers crossed I get my car on my appt date without issue... OD 6/2 SG/BLK

Reactions: Noodlemon
I agree on both points!

I think the interior lighting is cool. I -DO- hope there is an option (eventually) to change the intensity, or even turn it off for those who want to. But I do think it was a neat addition.

And the HUD... that is literally the ONLY thing I miss about my Kia. When I first bought it in 2018, the HUD came standard on the trim I bought, and I thought it was kinda 'overkill'. But after a week... I was sold, and absolutely miss it. I don't miss having a readout directly behind the steering wheel, but I miss that HUD speedo on the windshield. :)

Yeah I had a Kia Stinger prior to this and I miss the HUD for sure. Speed, speed limit, blind spot, nav and other info right in the line of sight of the road was awesome.

Yeah I had a Kia Stinger prior to this and I miss the HUD for sure. Speed, speed limit, blind spot, nav and other info right in the line of sight of the road was awesome.
That's what I had - a blue 2018 GT2, white interior. Beautiful car, fun, comfortable, and the first (and only) car I've had with a HUD. A lot of friends think it's a 'gimmick' but it really was awesome, to me. :)

Yep - I danced this dance before. Look up the local store on Google and call that number. It picks up with tha automated system and sounds like the generic “800” number. But press the button for deliveries (or maybe it’s for sales first? Then deliveries?). Then for “more help” . Then say whatever is on your mind for its automated response thing to try to do something. Then press button for “no, that didn’t help, I’d like to talk to a SA”. That should route you to a SA at that actual location.
This finally did the trick 🙏
As soon as I got a hold (pun!) of a SA, he mentioned that he could put my order on hold but only for two weeks. When I told him that his colleague (who he knew and could confirm my story) had convinced me to place my order when I placed it (06/05) and it would be NO problem with respect to my time vacationing abroad -but unfortunately turned out to be a problem- (fortunately I have text messaging proving all I was told), he agreed to extend the hold to roughly 3 weeks as a courtesy.

As soon as he understood I could not take delivery Jun 29/30, he was EAGER to talk hold and explained that he wanted to quickly make the car available to other waiting customers before end of quarter. Happy for whoever takes the car of course, but it did confirm for me the absolute frenzy they are in to push deliveries as quickly as possible before end of month. And while he was very kind and helpful with all my questions, he had this rush in getting everything done for that reason :D

Finally, he did let me know that after hold period is lifted and I am back in the queue, it may happen that I get matched with a new car and again delivery appointment could be requested to be scheduled by me before a VIN is made available (that seems to be okay and not a glitch in the system). I wonder how much material time I have to still know my VIN before delivery day/time and get my insurance paperwork in order?

Last edited:
That's what I had - a blue 2018 GT2, white interior. Beautiful car, fun, comfortable, and the first (and only) car I've had with a HUD. A lot of friends think it's a 'gimmick' but it really was awesome, to me. :)

Nice - I had a 2022 GT2 in green for two years prior to selling it two months ago while I waited for the M3P. There are three things I really miss from that car so far - the adjustable side bolsters, the extending thigh cushion, and the HUD.

The Stinger felt nice inside, but I much prefer the new fit and finish of the updated Model 3. I really appreciate all the soft touch materials and carbon accents, etc. it’s also WAY quieter inside and while the Stinger was faster than 90% of cars on the road, it has nowhere near the power or handling capabilities of the new 3P.

• Love
Nice - I had a 2022 GT2 in green for two years prior to selling it two months ago while I waited for the M3P. There are three things I really miss from that car so far - the adjustable side bolsters, the extending thigh cushion, and the HUD.

The Stinger felt nice inside, but I much prefer the new fit and finish of the updated Model 3. I really appreciate all the soft touch materials and carbon accents, etc. it’s also WAY quieter inside and while the Stinger was faster than 90% of cars on the road, it has nowhere near the power or handling capabilities of the new 3P.
Glad to hear it. I’m trading in my 2020 GT1 and curious how it would stack up. Still waiting on my VIN from a 4/28 order in white and black. Feel like a kid on Christmas morning over here. How’s the interior size compare? Stingers longer but figured 3 might have better interior space.

Glad to hear it. I’m trading in my 2020 GT1 and curious how it would stack up. Still waiting on my VIN from a 4/28 order in white and black. Feel like a kid on Christmas morning over here. How’s the interior size compare? Stingers longer but figured 3 might have better interior space.

I think you'll be thrilled with the change overall. My gripe with model 3/Y over the years was the crappy interior and build quality, and I've been very happy with the interior of the refresh. Every single surface that I've been able to find in it is soft touch, which is a great change coming from the Stinger, which had a lot of hard touch plastics in the bottom half of the interior. Handling/Braking is superior in the 3P, which also was a pleasant surprise, because the Stinger was a great handling car with fabulous brakes for its size. I also find the M3P's adaptive suspension to be much better than the Stinger, with more variance between the two settings. Same with the adjustments in steering weight and drive modes. NVH is now much better in the Tesla. Feels far more refined. The acceleration blew me away - insane mode is truly insane.

Interior space is probably overall better in the 3. Rear legroom is better, even though it's listed as less space (35" vs. the 36.4 in the Kia). I am 6'3" and I can sit behind myself in my driving position (albeit not super comfortably). My dad is 6'7" and last night he was in the passenger seat and my wife (5'4") was behind him and she had plenty of room, which was nice.

I think the drivers seat is narrower/tighter in the 3 (I'm 250), but very comfortable, and in my seating position I feel like I have less vertical, top to bottom space available, probably because of the battery pack/higher floor. If I wanted to, I can push the seat shockingly far back and stretch my legs out more, I just like to be a bit closer from a driving dynamic perspective. Headroom is excellent and the openness of the cabin makes it feel way larger. The Stinger had that tiny tunnel out the back window with the fastback roof. I do wish the M3 had a larger rearview mirror. It's so tiny, but the view out back is fabulous.

That was a lot, lol. Hopefully that is helpful!

I think you'll be thrilled with the change overall. My gripe with model 3/Y over the years was the crappy interior and build quality, and I've been very happy with the interior of the refresh. Every single surface that I've been able to find in it is soft touch, which is a great change coming from the Stinger, which had a lot of hard touch plastics in the bottom half of the interior. Handling/Braking is superior in the 3P, which also was a pleasant surprise, because the Stinger was a great handling car with fabulous brakes for its size. I also find the M3P's adaptive suspension to be much better than the Stinger, with more variance between the two settings. Same with the adjustments in steering weight and drive modes. NVH is now much better in the Tesla. Feels far more refined. The acceleration blew me away - insane mode is truly insane.

Interior space is probably overall better in the 3. Rear legroom is better, even though it's listed as less space (35" vs. the 36.4 in the Kia). I am 6'3" and I can sit behind myself in my driving position (albeit not super comfortably). My dad is 6'7" and last night he was in the passenger seat and my wife (5'4") was behind him and she had plenty of room, which was nice.

I think the drivers seat is narrower/tighter in the 3 (I'm 250), but very comfortable, and in my seating position I feel like I have less vertical, top to bottom space available, probably because of the battery pack/higher floor. If I wanted to, I can push the seat shockingly far back and stretch my legs out more, I just like to be a bit closer from a driving dynamic perspective. Headroom is excellent and the openness of the cabin makes it feel way larger. The Stinger had that tiny tunnel out the back window with the fastback roof. I do wish the M3 had a larger rearview mirror. It's so tiny, but the view out back is fabulous.

That was a lot, lol. Hopefully that is helpful!
Immensely, thank you! And what do you know, I woke up to a VIN this morning. Edd moved from July 4th to July 9-15, but I’ll take the VIN as a win!

How do you see the FSD computer compensating for alignment? If there's a way to check that, I'd like to check mine.
A super scientific approach of just watching the steering wheel closely while FSD was engaged. As the car pulled to the right, the FSD kept pulling it back. It’s not good at dealing with so the whole experience felt unsafe just trying to stay in the lane. I intervened several times.