Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I hate to say it, but I may be the first totaled M3P. 1 week and 1 day after delivery. No one was hurt thank God, but the car is toast. Guy hit me head on with no breaking or even an attempt to swerve. Due to insurance I may not be able to get an M3P as replacement. My rental coverage only covers until they pay out the claim, which is about 2 weeks they said. Then I have to turn the rental in. Yet the M3P is back ordered another 1-2 months and I can't go without a car that long. I literally just sold my old car on Sunday. They also are only going to pay out "actual cash value" so I'll probably lose 10-15k in depreciation from driving off the lot, sales tax, and PPF, tint, and ceramic coating. Really frustrating. I am currently thinking about just leasing an RWD. Basically, if I can't get what I want, pay as little as I possibly can, and unfortunately have to wait 3 years for my M3P. So looks like my time in the waiting room is going to be really long. Take care of your babies...
Damn man, sorry that happened to you.

Well I hate to say it, but I may be the first totaled M3P. 1 week and 1 day after delivery. No one was hurt thank God, but the car is toast. Guy hit me head on with no breaking or even an attempt to swerve. Due to insurance I may not be able to get an M3P as replacement. My rental coverage only covers until they pay out the claim, which is about 2 weeks they said. Then I have to turn the rental in. Yet the M3P is back ordered another 1-2 months and I can't go without a car that long. I literally just sold my old car on Sunday. They also are only going to pay out "actual cash value" so I'll probably lose 10-15k in depreciation from driving off the lot, sales tax, and PPF, tint, and ceramic coating. Really frustrating. I am currently thinking about just leasing an RWD. Basically, if I can't get what I want, pay as little as I possibly can, and unfortunately have to wait 3 years for my M3P. So looks like my time in the waiting room is going to be really long. Take care of your babies...
Glad everyone is okay! Sorry that happened to you.

Was the person under the influence? Probably on their cell phone? That's horrible...

Reactions: Happy Gilmore
Anyone got alignments done right away after delivery of their ‘24 M3P? My buddy’s alignment was pretty off.
I had one done. Mine wasn't too bad.

Attachments

• Erebus Alignment.jpg
    Erebus Alignment.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Noodlemon
You can go after his carrier for the PPF and I would ask for diminished value as well. Did you have replacement coverage on your policy? You can use your insurance if you did and let your carrier go after their carrier.

Looks like even east coast is getting a delivery push, I just got a text to schedule delivery and the only available date is this saturday. No VIN yet.
Just called back to Dedham and spoke with a different SA and they confirmed it was the delivery monkey throwing crap to the wind, no vehicle assigned and no hope of actually getting one. They did see (contrary to yesterday) the SG/white showroom model and offered that to me at the same price as my current SG/black. Figured why the hell not and got it assigned. Delivery scheduled for Friday. Fingers crossed it didn't see too much action while it was in the showroom. I'm pretty heavy myself so I doubt a few extra people will make a difference longevity wise

Front Tint should be enforced anywhere differently than side window tint. Windsheild tint can be dangerous because it hinders the driver's ability to see (regardless of what the driver thinks) whereas side tint is just a threat to the cop if they can't see inside. Two COMPLETELY different "issues". That doesn't mean they enforce tint. SoCal definitely does NOT enforce Tint. Maybe a few areas here and there, but generally, NO. It doesn't matter if you have Cop friends that claim they do because they don't for normal tint all around. Using it as an excuse to engage is completely different.
No disrespect and I'm not trying to argue with you, but I literally work with these folks. I can tell you for a fact that motor officers will stop you for tint and cite you lol.

Not sure how bad the impact was, but since the car kept you safe I’d say it earned its keep several times over. Sucks though, I hope you get to replace it with something that makes you happy.

And no damage to the wheels? Do you have a video of the plastic pry tool method? I just want to make sure I don’t damage the wheels and I figured if they removed them and caused any damage that would be on them.

Also, I worry that if I remove them at home and there is damage to the wheels underneath then what stops them from trying to claim that I caused that damage removing the caps?
someone mentioned that it will be out of balance when removed. so i'm keeping them on for now.

Well I work as an LEO in socal, although no longer pushing a black & white, but still have co-workers who I talk to who do traffic enforcement, and they're still citing for front window tint. Take it for what it's worth. I've said in a previous post on this thread, most patrol guys probably won't care because they're so busy handling thousands of 911 calls, but it's the guys/gals on the motorcycles (primary directive is to conduct traffic enforcement) can be ruthless lol. And yes, the area you're in matters too. If you're in a busy metropolitan area, there's more focus on crime rather than equipment violations, but if you're in a place that's very sterile (minimal radio calls), cops are more likely to stop vehicles for ticky-tack violations (i.e. front window tint).
are tints a moving violation?

That sucks, but the bright side is that you are here, posting online (so obviously well enough to post online) typing the phrase "I had a head on collision".

The fact that you are able to go online and type that phrase very soon after an accident speaks volumes as to how safe these cars are, which is something that isnt talked about enough. Hope you get things worked out, and glad your ok enough to post online after a head on collision.

someone mentioned that it will be out of balance when removed. so i'm keeping them on for now.
Yes, that was me who mentioned this. I had a slight vibration at higher speeds, usually indicating a balance issue. The issue was resolved. I was going to rebalance anyhow, regardless of whether I removed the inserts or not. I'm not saying this will be the case for everyone, but I'm a stickler for these sorts of things, so I think it's best to get it checked. I didn't pay anything, because I have a good relationship with my tire guy, but at most the cost is $40 for a balance, if you do have to pay.

I have no idea why people are trying to argue about what is enforced in CA with a person who stated specifically that they have specific knowledge because they are a LEO, but I think we need to let that line of debate go. Its like someone saying "I went to WebMD and it says that those symptoms are likely XXXXX" in response to a person who says "Well, I am a Doctor, and my medical school training and experience in that exact field says its XXXXX".

So, please, whatever peoples personal experience is with tint in SoCal is their experience. I have my own lifetime of experience with tint in SoCal, but I am not going to argue with an actual officer in SoCal on what is or isnt enforced.

It’s the Internet. If he got a tint citation today, he would probably still not back down from his point lol.

So planning to pick up but of course it’s projected to be pouring rain lol. Any advice on how to thoroughly inspect in this situation? It seems like this will prove very difficult. Will they be willing to pull it inside in the service center or something to check it out? It’s hard to see blemishes and stuff when the car is wet.

If not, how long do I have after leaving the lot to report any damages I find when I get home and can inspect it in a garage?

I’m so sorry, honestly, maybe call a lawyer and see if there is anything you can do, doesn’t seem fair at all :(