Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
patience or resignation..... I chose stepping off the merry go round
Crazy that 4/23 orders are just now getting VINs on the east coast compared to the amount of M3Ps in California.

I guess this is all from the timing of the order page going live, but it seems like if you missed that very first batch on the east coast you got pushed way out for the end of quarter push.

I hope someone from Tesla comes into one of these threads some day and gives us all a lot more transparency on what is going on behind the scenes.
It can't be that. People from California ordered way after 4/23 and got the cars weeks ago. This is just tesla screwing people on the east coast to make their numbers look a little better. The guy who canceled his order voted with his wallet and I respect the hell out of that. If I can find a suitable car in the next week I will do the same. Rndd is currently 7/4-8/1

It can't be that. People from California ordered way after 4/23 and got the cars weeks ago. This is just tesla screwing people on the east coast to make their numbers look a little better. The guy who canceled his order voted with his wallet and I respect the hell out of that. If I can find a suitable car in the next week I will do the same. Rndd is currently 7/4-8/1
Note there's a decent chance it may be on the earlier side of that. I had a July 3-31 edd and got a vin last weekend and it moved to July 10-19 and then the car got on a transport and moved to July 1-10 with the car set to arrive on the 3rd. (Still no scheduled delivery yet though.)

I would have voted with my wallet if anything else came close to being as good of a deal but the fact is nothing is anywhere close and while the EDD system is horrible, I'm still going to be getting the car only a few days after the end of my original May-June estimate.

I picked up mine on Tuesday. It's insane. It's a bit faster than my previous 2020 M3P but the only way you know that is by looking at the speedometer, you can't tell it from noise or handling. It's much quieter than the 2020. It handles like a true sport car. Build quality is much better. But I hate the turn signal and gear shifting without the stalks. It’s taking a while to get used to and I have to unlearn it if I drive my wife’s Y or I rent a car. If someone comes out with a new steering wheel that goes back to the stalks, I'm getting it.

Reactions: xianking
~300 mile range. 7% * 300 = 21 miles. 21 /= 30. No, you broke physics.

Or there is an elevation change on their drive to work, and the drive home is going to use more appropriately more power.

Drive to work was only 30 miles but it already went from 80% to 73%. Is this normal?
No, you should expect to use more power than that for a 30 mile commute, not less.

I want to use sentry mode but after seeing how quickly it went down I’m nervous lol.
You should expect sentry mode to use approximately 1 mile per hour of usage of your range, give or take. It will use somewhere between 15 and 25 miles per 24 hour period.

Found one I liked in inventory (24 LR). Its in Kansas City but they did knock $1k off for my troubles
delivery.jpg

I accepted the change and got my VIN!

5/2 order date
White w/black interior in Louisiana

@NolaGirl24 any luck?
NO LUCK!!! I’m so frustrated for us but so happy for you!!! Our dates moved up from July 6- Aug 10 to July 6 - Aug 3 so I’m expecting something any second considering you and North La got vins. We ordered LR in March 1st and switched to the Performance we originally wanted April 25th. I’ll keep you posted! What’s your delivery date?

Reactions: arkhos
Just got a text that my car is in its "final stages of production" and they are moving my appointment from today (27th) to 28th....
Same here, got a text that car is in final stages of production. Its funny as yesterday afternoon they wanted me to come and pick up the car in the evening and I could not pick it up, hence I had scheduled for today morning. Now it gets pushed to tomorrow afternoon. The joys of living in Bay area and being close to the factory. At least 6 plus appt changes for me.
I had similar experience with picking up my Model Y in summer of 2020, when i went to pick it up the car had literally just come off production flow 30 mins before pickup.
All the money has been paid to Tesla so just waiting for the car to be delivered. Something tells me it will happen over the weekend.

Hey! Enjoying the new car. This thing is crazy fun to drive. This is my first EV/Tesla but I was a little surprised at how quickly the battery % went down lol. Not sure if it was just from being in insane mode?

I charged overnight to 80%. Drove to work this morning (in insane mode since it’s my second day with the car). I quickly accelerated at times, but it’s not like I punched it at every acceleration. Drive to work was only 30 miles but it already went from 80% to 73%. Is this normal? Lol. Eventual I plan to primary be in standard mode and only switch to insane if I want to have fun.

I want to use sentry mode but after seeing how quickly it went down I’m nervous lol.
Are you sure you drove 30 miles? At 7% over 30 miles your car would go 420 miles on a full charge.

Same here, got a text that car is in final stages of production. Its funny as yesterday afternoon they wanted me to come and pick up the car in the evening and I could not pick it up, hence I had scheduled for today morning. Now it gets pushed to tomorrow afternoon. The joys of living in Bay area and being close to the factory. At least 6 plus appt changes for me.
I had similar experience with picking up my Model Y in summer of 2020, when i went to pick it up the car had literally just come off production flow 30 mins before pickup.
All the money has been paid to Tesla so just waiting for the car to be delivered. Something tells me it will happen over the weekend.
I think the Fremont deliveries will be the last ones before midnight strikes on Sunday. They want to build/ship as many as they can to other locations within the driving distance in the next couple of days.

I picked up mine on Tuesday. It's insane. It's a bit faster than my previous 2020 M3P but the only way you know that is by looking at the speedometer, you can't tell it from noise or handling. It's much quieter than the 2020. It handles like a true sport car. Build quality is much better. But I hate the turn signal and gear shifting without the stalks. It’s taking a while to get used to and I have to unlearn it if I drive my wife’s Y or I rent a car. If someone comes out with a new steering wheel that goes back to the stalks, I'm getting it.

You can get aftermarket stalks for about $500 if that's worth it to ya.

Example (I have no experience or affiliation with these): Hansshow Tesla Model 3 Highland Gear Shifter Switch Stalk Turn Signal