Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey! Enjoying the new car. This thing is crazy fun to drive. This is my first EV/Tesla but I was a little surprised at how quickly the battery % went down lol. Not sure if it was just from being in insane mode?

I charged overnight to 80%. Drove to work this morning (in insane mode since it’s my second day with the car). I quickly accelerated at times, but it’s not like I punched it at every acceleration. Drive to work was only 30 miles but it already went from 80% to 73%. Is this normal? Lol. Eventual I plan to primary be in standard mode and only switch to insane if I want to have fun.

I want to use sentry mode but after seeing how quickly it went down I’m nervous lol.

You have home charging so keep that sucker in insane mode. If you opt for Tesla insurance, drive it like you mean it and drop that driving score from 100 to 0, and switch insurance the next month. Don’t pay much mind to the battery unless you’re taking a long trip.

Or switch the battery level to miles, agonize over each mile lost from turning on the ac, and create some new threads here about range issues lol.

Well that makes me feel better haha. I love this car 100x more than my previous but the range anxiety is going to take some work to get used to haha.
I felt similarly to you with range anxiety as this is also my first Tesla, so I switched the battery %age to miles to empty instead. That way I can visually see how many miles to an empty battery (of course not entirely accurate).

It’s amazing ha. My first Tesla and EV and I can already tell why people are such a fan. This thing is stupid fast. Delivery was good, minimal issues. There was some marks on the carbon fiber part of the dash they couldn’t get out so they set up a mobile appt to replace it.

I already removed the aero caps, put in abstract ocean puddle lights, mats, etc. have an appt in July to ceramic tint the windows, ceramic coat car, and replace the chrome Tesla logo and TESLA rear lettering with black. Then I’ll be complete.

Hard to believe I got a car with this much for under 50k with the tax credit.

Quick question… is there any down side to leaving the charger in if you’re charged to your desired amount? For example, if I have the charge set to 80% and I’m home for the night and the car is 70%, is there a downside to plugging it in and leaving it in all night? Like obviously it will hit 80% within a couple hours, but is there a negative for it remaining plugged in for hours longer until the morning?
It's preferable to leave it plugged in.

So Tesla kept asking for me to submit paperwork for my trade-in for the car that doesn't even exist yet. I bring it today after work, they tell me they can't transfer the title this way even though I showed them an email from their corporate trade in person telling me to do exactly this. (My father died recently and the title is half in his name)They immediately delete the trade in from the app without telling me and immediately tell me they can't do anything for the problem they created by directing me to do it LOL

Then I said why are you even scheduling deliveries with no car or VIN? You barely have any cars ready to go out here as well, blank stare, doesn't care. Tells me a ton are coming in Sat for Sun, great 🤷🏻‍♂️

I tell him you do realize I have an official email from your company directing me to do this, I could literally sue. Offers me a mobile charger for my troubles and delays.

I don't see how you Tesla guys do this BS, this is by far the messiest, worst purchasing experience I have ever seen in my life.

This will be maybe my first, definitely last Tesla ever. Good luck everyone, you might need it.View attachment 1060168
Honestly, I've personally not had super great experiences with my purchase process on either car, though different issues each time. It has some aspects better and some worse than dealerships in my experience but I also have a few great local dealerships I have used in the past.

That said, the value of the car is why I keep coming back. The car itself is worth the headaches I have getting ahold of one. I do hope Tesla improves as they could pretty easily improve the process, but I can accept some difficulty for such a good deal.

If NorCal wasn't 30 hours away from me I'd drive over there overnight and pick one up. The most I'd do is 10-12 hours, heck maybe even 16 if I could pick it up the next day.
I seriously considered flying out to ca and driving 3000 miles back with my car given the level of aggravation I was having with the East Coast delays. If it wouldn't have cost me thousands of dollars extra on the car itself I probably would have done it.

Reactions: Dan. G
Hi guys, how’s everybody doing?
So they pushed me out till the end of Augustthe other day … So I figured I had to do something. I searched and searched for any demo vehicle that I Could possibly score a vin# on And like I’ve posted recently found one, but they would not sell it to me only lease it….
So I look in my area one last time before bed And still nothing…. Woke up in the middle of the night all sporadic like out of a nightmare yet wasn’t dreaming
And of course, like most days and nights grab my phone instantly and check inventory to find if one was available well guess what another blue one showed up that wasn’t there literally hours ago…. what do you know it’s a blue performance with white interior 40 minutes away from me and the best part said available for immediate pick up…. Are you kidding me I couldn’t go back to sleep…
But I requested a callback which by the way, I’ve had three cars with a callback request and nothing….
But not this time I got a call a few hours later in the morning
From Tesla telling me they can switch my order to this car. I asked well. When would I get my van said check your app now and behold a Vin number was showing with my new Blue performance now The best part is I was told the car isn’t a demo it’s brand new and because of my January 10 order she told me she was giving me $1000 off the blue paint
And I got an appointment tomorrow to pick it up… I am crazy excited…

We all been waiting so long to receive our car and I just want to thank everybody lately that has gotten me through this process It’s been a long bumpy road so now it’s time to put on auto pilot and take a nap..lol
,,you guys know who you are all my (thumbs up) peeps
I truly appreciate it
Thank you

🥳CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!

I’ve never been so excited and happy to lose $7500 but at this point I don’t even care
I hope it’s going to be so worth it😬🤞
Lol, you make my feel better about effectively spending $4k on 1 month of full self drive with the MYP we got for my wife in November, only to have the price drop by $4000 1 month after our 3 month free would have been over. (Not that I was actually feeling bad about it at all, but I can understand your feelings.)

Reactions: Dan. G
Hey! Enjoying the new car. This thing is crazy fun to drive. This is my first EV/Tesla but I was a little surprised at how quickly the battery % went down lol. Not sure if it was just from being in insane mode?

I charged overnight to 80%. Drove to work this morning (in insane mode since it’s my second day with the car). I quickly accelerated at times, but it’s not like I punched it at every acceleration. Drive to work was only 30 miles but it already went from 80% to 73%. Is this normal? Lol. Eventual I plan to primary be in standard mode and only switch to insane if I want to have fun.

I want to use sentry mode but after seeing how quickly it went down I’m nervous lol.
Hey, may I suggest you switch to the miles estimate by tapping on the percentage for a while until you are used to the car.

As others have mentioned that's actually very good as you used significantly less power than it should have. It takes a bit of getting used to for some though because the brain likes to compare to 100 instead of 80. Switching to Miles for a while helps stop that and makes it easier to adapt.

After a month or so we switched back to percentage after we were used to it but the first month using miles estimate was far less stressful.

Reactions: zeroifex
I received a message to accept this following change to proceed with delivery. Is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_2108.png
    IMG_2108.png
    431 KB · Views: 3
Well that makes me feel better haha. I love this car 100x more than my previous but the range anxiety is going to take some work to get used to haha.
Once you drive for a while, you'll realize that you really don't need to worry about your range. Road trips might take a little extra consideration, but the car handles most of the planning for you and you can modify the plan by manually adding chargers to the trip if you want to break up your stops. Keep in mind that the car's battery carries about the energy of 3-4 gallons of gas, so anything that lowers your efficiency will more drastically change your range. This also means you can change certain factors. For example, if I'm going to my parents about 2.25 hours away, I can take the highway the full stretch going 70-75 and get there with 38% or I can add 15 minutes, take a more scenic route off the highway for the back half of the trip going 50-65, and get there with 48%.

Reactions: P-Lo801
Crazy that 4/23 orders are just now getting VINs on the east coast compared to the amount of M3Ps in California.

I guess this is all from the timing of the order page going live, but it seems like if you missed that very first batch on the east coast you got pushed way out for the end of quarter push.

I hope someone from Tesla comes into one of these threads some day and gives us all a lot more transparency on what is going on behind the scenes.

For me, every task was done in the app, no trade-in, and I paid the down with the Plaid app, so there were no hiccups.
Yeah, in hoping I had an exception last time. I had a simple trade in but the big issue was I picked up just outside of NYC and Tesla's had just been approved for livery the week prior so as near as I could figure, every cabby in NYC was there to get a Tesla.

In addition rules on insurance and registration transfer had changed in NY since my last car purchase resulting in a major issue because of my wife's middle initial not being listed on the insurance. It was a string of insanity and we fell through the crack for sure but we weren't the only one that day. Two of us took over 4 hours and had to get the site manager involved to get it resolved.