Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dublin looks like they are delivering a lot of cars today s/off. They kept asking for sensitive paperwork that I already gave to them so I came to drop it off since they don't respond to their own texts. Of course they are understaffed, not that many cars ready or being readied, and the poor greeter couldn't get anyone to help me. Just left me waiting for nothing. Amazing experience so far. Also wanted to ask about our ever changing delivery dates with no Vin but nobody ever came out. Amazing service 🤡
View attachment 1060007
Yeah their service center has really gone downhill. There was a really great SA a few years ago there but he left.

Hi guys, how’s everybody doing?
So they pushed me out till the end of Augustthe other day … So I figured I had to do something. I searched and searched for any demo vehicle that I Could possibly score a vin# on And like I’ve posted recently found one, but they would not sell it to me only lease it….
So I look in my area one last time before bed And still nothing…. Woke up in the middle of the night all sporadic like out of a nightmare yet wasn’t dreaming
And of course, like most days and nights grab my phone instantly and check inventory to find if one was available well guess what another blue one showed up that wasn’t there literally hours ago…. what do you know it’s a blue performance with white interior 40 minutes away from me and the best part said available for immediate pick up…. Are you kidding me I couldn’t go back to sleep…
But I requested a callback which by the way, I’ve had three cars with a callback request and nothing….
But not this time I got a call a few hours later in the morning
From Tesla telling me they can switch my order to this car. I asked well. When would I get my van said check your app now and behold a Vin number was showing with my new Blue performance now The best part is I was told the car isn’t a demo it’s brand new and because of my January 10 order she told me she was giving me $1000 off the blue paint
And I got an appointment tomorrow to pick it up… I am crazy excited…

We all been waiting so long to receive our car and I just want to thank everybody lately that has gotten me through this process It’s been a long bumpy road so now it’s time to put on auto pilot and take a nap..lol
,,you guys know who you are all my (thumbs up) peeps
I truly appreciate it
Thank you

🥳CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!

I’ve never been so excited and happy to lose $7500 but at this point I don’t even care
I hope it’s going to be so worth it😬🤞

Hey! Enjoying the new car. This thing is crazy fun to drive. This is my first EV/Tesla but I was a little surprised at how quickly the battery % went down lol. Not sure if it was just from being in insane mode?

I charged overnight to 80%. Drove to work this morning (in insane mode since it’s my second day with the car). I quickly accelerated at times, but it’s not like I punched it at every acceleration. Drive to work was only 30 miles but it already went from 80% to 73%. Is this normal? Lol. Eventual I plan to primary be in standard mode and only switch to insane if I want to have fun.

I want to use sentry mode but after seeing how quickly it went down I’m nervous lol.

The seats fit me perfectly, but they are ALREADY showing wear on the seat bottoms and lower back, hmm.

Are there wrinkles/creases or what do you mean? I imagine only a couple of Tesla staff have sat in your car. I’m curious because in the m3p’s I’ve seen so far, the seats looked fine. And they’ve seen many more butts than yours.

Also, the paint is thin on one spot at the edge of the hood.

Did you measure with a paint thickness gauge? Or it looks like a blemish/sanding mark?

Reactions: nonvinp3d
I've bought about 20 new cars in my life and the purchasing experience with Tesla has been way, way, WAY better and easier than any other carmaker, so when you say that you don't see how the "Tesla guys" (whatever that means) do this, it's probably because most experiences aren't like yours. Most people prefer the Tesla model. I'm genuinely sorry that you're having such a bad experience, but I don't think it's the norm. Perhaps your extenuating circumstances are causing issues along with perhaps getting someone at Tesla that isn't helpful creating the perfect storm of frustration for you.
Agreed, any legacy car dealership in the past, I was there for hours. On my delivery date for Tesla, I was literally in and out in 5 minutes.

Reactions: xianking
You guys are literally defending something where I posted a real email from an official Tesla employee telling me to do it that way despite me offering to transfer the title before the purchase. I guess you having a good experience just washes away all of this. Yah totally my fault for doing a trade in that they offered to do in the app per their own directions in their email to me, my mistake for taking what was offered because nobody ever trades in a car with a new car purchase right? So weird of me. Also I'm not the only one with multiple delivery dates and times with no Vin or car, that's normal too? You guys must really love Tesla to think this is all normal, ok or my fault.

My condolences for the loss of your father. Losing a parent is different.

The prior posts just mean many people have good experiences and you had a bad one. I agree with JJ about traditional dealers being more flexible and often the overall experience is more tedious. There are slick sales guys, and at every point in the sale they’re like let me try to convince my sales manager. Then finally they bring you in for more price haggling. Then they give you a crap rate if you choose to finance. Then it’s time to go to another office for their ace closer to try to bend you over and sell more warranties, nitrogen air, and protective coatings that are often just bottom of the barrel Armor All spackled on the car.

The last time I traded my car in to Tesla, I handed them the keys, followed about 4 delivery steps in the Tesla app, and drove off in my new Tesla.

You can just submit the trade in info again. They offered you a mobile charger because I assume you raised a stink and now you mention how you can sue them.. Frankly the staff there probably have similar feelings about you as you do about them. My unsolicited advice is to shake it off and focus your outlook on the fun parts of buying a new car. Otherwise, you’ll probably eventually get the car, find about 20 things wrong with it, and complain at every chance you get about how the real world range sucks.

Reactions: xianking
Hey! Enjoying the new car. This thing is crazy fun to drive. This is my first EV/Tesla but I was a little surprised at how quickly the battery % went down lol. Not sure if it was just from being in insane mode?

I charged overnight to 80%. Drove to work this morning (in insane mode since it’s my second day with the car). I quickly accelerated at times, but it’s not like I punched it at every acceleration. Drive to work was only 30 miles but it already went from 80% to 73%. Is this normal? Lol. Eventual I plan to primary be in standard mode and only switch to insane if I want to have fun.

I want to use sentry mode but after seeing how quickly it went down I’m nervous lol.
Just for comparison sake, my one-way commute to work is about 14-15 miles. I was charged overnight to 80%. By the time I get to work, I'm sitting at 75%. So you're doing a lot better than I am, and I'm on standard mode.

Reactions: wkuallstar
Anyone else concerned about the rampant paint issues / defects with Ultra Red? I’ve seen about 15-20 reports between here and Reddit already. Also saw two at my local SC and both had the “white specks of death” that everyone is talking about. One of them was REALLY bad.

Strongly considering just switching to blue or black to avoid this.
I had already decided I preferred being stealthy and got grey, but this makes me much more confident in that decision. If I had preferred red I don't know that I wouldn't have still rolled the dice for the first delivery attempt, but it took a slight preference that I was worried about regretting and made it a confident decision.

Reactions: z335is
Just for comparison sake, my one-way commute to work is about 14-15 miles. I was charged overnight to 80%. By the time I get to work, I'm sitting at 75%. So you're doing a lot better than I am, and I'm on standard mode.
Well that makes me feel better haha. I love this car 100x more than my previous but the range anxiety is going to take some work to get used to haha.

Reactions: zeroifex
Posting a follow up here - I received a text message Tuesday (the day after my original delivery date text was received and then cancelled by the SA in person) that stated to book my appointment now or lose my slot. I decided to say **** it and rebook my appointment for Saturday (original appointment was Thursday). Just received my VIN now - fingers crossed the Saturday delivery date sticks. SG/Black with 5/14 order date located in Central CA.
Wow, the disconnect based on where you live is stark. Ordered sg/black 45 minutes after orders were live 3 weeks before your order and I'm sitting on a July 10-19 EDD that will hopefully become a July 5-7 delivery, though I did atleast get a VIN before you by a few days.

Reactions: wkuallstar