Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was expecting March 28 - 31 today, instead back in the week club. 1/28 order.

1615552856253.png

I am still part of the N+1 crowd. As of this morning I am showing delivery date range of March 27 - 31. At the beginning of the week I was at 23-31. Ordered on 2/10 in Orlando, FL. I was hoping to have at least a VIN a month after order, but no such luck.

I am confident most of us will be getting our cars by month end. Reviewing the data in the Order Tracker spreadsheet (make sure to add your details there if you haven't!) it seems many of the Performance models get VINs midway through the last month of the quarter, and get delivered at the end of the month, with some exceptions of course.

Stay the course guys! Patience always pays off.

Reactions: Avn1284 and tns.ceo
I am still part of the N+1 crowd. As of this morning I am showing delivery date range of March 27 - 31. At the beginning of the week I was at 23-31. Ordered on 2/10 in Orlando, FL. I was hoping to have at least a VIN a month after order, but no such luck.

I am confident most of us will be getting our cars by month end. Reviewing the data in the Order Tracker spreadsheet (make sure to add your details there if you haven't!) it seems many of the Performance models get VINs midway through the last month of the quarter, and get delivered at the end of the month, with some exceptions of course.

Stay the course guys! Patience always pays off.
Where’s the order tracker located? I don’t think I’ve ever entered my order in there. It’s about to be a long 2 weeks 😂

Where’s the order tracker located? I don’t think I’ve ever entered my order in there. It’s about to be a long 2 weeks 😂

question for the group... i've read some conflicting information about when to do ppf/ceramic etc.. after delivery. I have seen many posts in these forums that show folks getting this done within days of delivery to protect their new loves. But.. I have also read that the paint may not yet be fully cured on these cars and that you should wait at least a month before doing this - especially with PPF because it may 'stick' and cause damage. Anyone know for sure the right answer here?

Reactions: TANnedGOdfathr
question for the group... i've read some conflicting information about when to do ppf/ceramic etc.. after delivery. I have seen many posts in these forums that show folks getting this done within days of delivery to protect their new loves. But.. I have also read that the paint may not yet be fully cured on these cars and that you should wait at least a month before doing this - especially with PPF because it may 'stick' and cause damage. Anyone know for sure the right answer here?

This thread mostly agrees that waiting 30 days is standard: 90 days before PPF?

I'm back to "8-12" weeks as of this morning. It's apparent that whatever estimate the Tesla account page is spitting out on any given day of the week isn't any more accurate than shaking a magic 8-ball, consulting your horoscope, observing the flight of birds, or whatever your chosen form of divination may be. You either have a VIN and a delivery date or you don't, and checking the account page appears to be pointless.

This thread mostly agrees that waiting 30 days is standard: 90 days before PPF?
I'm curious still as these posts were from 2018. I wonder if the curing process has changed since then as it "seems" the paint has been better off the line.